India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The real thing is for every inch of land. The PLA has to pay high price. Even if IA retreats at any position then it will be only to have a better tactical advantage and/or gain vantage point.
There is no question of retreat. Gone are the days of 1962. Today we have roads bang up to the LAC and no withdrawal fighting operations will be conducted.It will be battle for every boulder and every rock. Last man last round...

Last edited:

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
There is no question retreat. Gone are the days of 1962. Today we have roads bang up to the LAC and no withdrawal fighting operations will be conducted.It will be battle for every boulder and every rock. Last man last round...
When people talk. I don't understand they forget about the valour of our soldiers or what?!!

Jaymax61

Not in the foreseeable future...
There is no infrastructure...
They face quite a lot of problems from drug running, gun running, independent or anti-China utra gangs in border area of Myanmar not under the control of either Myanmar or China. Due to lack of infrastructure and very difficult terrain launching an offensive into India from North Myanmar is impossible for time now.
I ll use the Maginot line example :). China is pretty chummy with criminal gangs worldwide. No reason why Myanmar should be an exception. The Junta in Naypyidaw is swayed easy by pressure and inducements and will dump us in a second if choosing between China and India.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
I ll use the Maginot line example :). China is pretty chummy with criminal gangs worldwide. No reason why Myanmar should be an exception. The Junta in Naypyidaw is swayed easy by pressure and inducements and will dump us in a second if choosing between China and India.

Why are you hell bent for this??

It will be an International matter?! World will condemn China & China will loose the permanent sit of UNSC at the very first day of the battle. US may also mobilize. If that what you are asking!!

Jaymax61

It will be an International matter? World will condemn China & China will loose the permanent sit of UNSC at the very first day of the battle. US may also mobilize. If that what you are asking!!
Same reason you are hell bent on denying it.

Russia took Crimea and last I checked its still on the UNSC. US did a belly dance and nothing much. Why would it mobilize if Myanmar itself does not complain.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Same reason you are hell bent on denying it.

Russia took Crimea and last I checked its still on the UNSC. US did a belly dance and nothing much. Why would it mobilize if Myanmar itself does not complain.
Ok, what is now happening? Its called disagreement of neighbors. It may happen and we might end up fighting at some point. The point here is not that who wins but the fact is that a fight can happen.

But if China does that where there is no disputed border and what not's then it will be an act of war against the Republic of India.

So, the scenario now and the scenario then will not be the same!!

another_armchair

Country flag
They never play fair. Why would they run headstrong into IA's prepared positions when they can sneak into Myanmar and hit us from the back.
India has a wee bit of influence over the Kachin people.

They are kicked around by both China and Myanmar.

If a PLA general is ordered to attack NE India through Myanmar, chances are he would probably invite his Indian counterpart for a round of Old Monk and chicken tikka under the pretext of exercises & 'know your enemy' and quietly snub the CPC.

Northern Myanmar is a hellhole. Ask the Japs.

Now with so many tribes and insurgent groups on payrolls of multiple agencies, and the area being our backyard, you can conduct small terror or SF attacks but an entire invasion would require God himself to lead.

The Kachin people are largely Christians.

For China to have any edge through Burma, the entire state of Nagaland will also have to rise in armed rebellion.

I hope you are aware of our military foot print in the North East.

The odd attack on an Army or security forces convoy is one thing, an invasion is another.

The terrain is inhospitable. If they can take advantage of it, that would apply to us too, would it not?

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
India has a wee bit of influence over the Kachin people.

They are kicked around by both China and Myanmar.

If a PLA general is ordered to attack NE India through Myanmar, chances are he would probably invite his Indian counterpart for a round of Old Monk and chicken tikka under the pretext of exercises & 'know your enemy' and quietly snub the CPC.

Now with so many tribes and insurgent groups on payrolls of multiple agencies, and the area being our backyard, you can conduct small terror or SF attacks but an entire invasion would require God himself to lead.

The Kachin people are largely Christians.

For China to have any edge through Burma, the entire state of Nagaland will also have to rise in armed rebellion.

I hope you are aware of our military foot print in the North East.

The odd attack on an Army or security forces convoy is one thing, an invasion is another.

The terrain is inhospitable. If they can take advantage of it, that would apply to us too, would it not?
Man!! This guys has got confused between border skirmish & invasion.

Jaymax61

I ll be genuinely surprised if a PLA General can snub the CPC.

Its a hell hole if your supply lines are stretched and your shipping is taken out by USN subs. After initial moves, linkups can be made with China proper and open new supply lines. If you drop the bias you ll see its a plausible scenario.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
They never play fair. Why would they run headstrong into IA's prepared positions when they can sneak into Myanmar and hit us from the back.
Contingency exists. Highly probable. The Chinese Expressway in Northern Myanmar & associated arterial roads allows it to drastically cut down the mobilization & ingress time for its forces to build up along Manipur-Nagaland-Mizoram front. Own Orbat, which I will not post myself but is openly available, will indicate how we have the same contingency catered to.

The real thing is for every inch of land. The PLA has to pay high price. Even if IA retreats at any position then it will be only to have a better tactical advantage and/or gain vantage point.
Price is never high if your GTI aka Ground of Tactical Importance is taken.

Not in the foreseeable future...
There is no infrastructure...
They face quite a lot of problems from drug running, gun running, independent or anti-China utra gangs in border area of Myanmar not under the control of either Myanmar or China. Due to lack of infrastructure and very difficult terrain launching an offensive into India from North Myanmar is impossible for time now.
Incorrect. Things have changed drastically.

Dude its a military op. Not lukka chuppi ka khel.😜
Its the same thing when you are blinded as to enemy disposition of forces and intents thereof.

Not true. Myanmar may not have much choice if PLA moves in to threaten own NE, but no nation worth it's salt will take it lying down. That is why India has been wooing Myanmar since forever.

It will be an International matter?! World will condemn China & China will loose the permanent sit of UNSC at the very first day of the battle. US may also mobilize. If that what you are asking!!

Nothing happening.

another_armchair

Country flag
I ll be genuinely surprised if a PLA General can snub the CPC.

Its a hell hole if your supply lines are stretched and your shipping is taken out by USN subs. After initial moves, linkups can be made with China proper and open new supply lines. If you drop the bias you ll see its a plausible scenario.
It would be a redux of Mao's peasant army then and what they achieved with half their original strength when they declared victory.

I hope I live to witness it.

Would be one hell of an event.

/LOL

In the so called ideology war of Left vs Right, Capitalist vs Communist, wonder where Mao's peasantry stand after a massive peasants movement.

Last edited:

Sanatani

Country flag
Our military is actually far better tech wise compared to china thanks to western weaponry .
China has nothing in the league of mirage upgrade or mfstar radar / Barak 8 , Apache , Chinook , c17 , p8i + harpoon , Spike atgm , cbu fusion bombs , mki with french and Israeli Avionics , and upcoming rafale and meteor.

Chinese copies of some of the above are vastly inferior in reliability and availability.
I don't have much idea about military tech but it feels good to read that our tech is better than Chinese. It gives a sense of relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles