India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
It is a tank, designed for off roading, and it would do very very well in the hard ground of Ladakhi valleys. It's gradient climbing is better than T-90 too.

But getting it across the Himalayas would be a problem, as it can't go by road like T-90s. Also it got no APS either, just some laser warning sensors.

Or you could just, you know, use artillery & air assets.

My reply was in context of his question... That if we go tank on tank with our vintage vanilla tanks we risk being completely butchered to the last man.
I think Arjun Mark 2 is suited for Pakistan mainly. Mobility is its main problem tbh. It will be tough to operate in Ladakh though it can be handful in Aksai Chin. But then again transportation is an issue.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Depends if it can fire ATGM & has APS.

In a canon fight their 105mm on light tanks stands no chance at all!.. But if it can fire CLGM from 3+km away, they'll stay out of gun range. If has APS (probably does) that neutralises our Invar, then the valleys will be littered with roasted Indian vanilla Tincans & their deep-fried crews... onesided slaughter.
We would need to deploy powerful jammers to disable Chinese APS radar. . our tanks and carl gustavs can wreck mayhem then...

Last edited:

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
I think Arjun Mark 2 is suited for Pakistan mainly. Mobility is its main problem tbh. It will be tough to operate in Ladakh though it can be handful in Aksai Chin. But then again transportation is an issue.
Yep. Transportation is always the issue with Arjun.

T72 leaves just about 6 inches on either side in an Il76 when bare.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yep. Transportation is always the issue with Arjun.

T72 leaves just about 6 inches on either side in an Il76 when bare.
Now c17 can take Arjun directly to DBO airstrip.
C130 should also be capable of transporting Abram size tanks.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It is a tank, designed for off roading, and it would do very very well in the hard ground of Ladakhi valleys. It's gradient climbing is better than T-90 too.

But getting it across the Himalayas would be a problem, as it can't go by road like T-90s. Also it got no APS either, just some laser warning sensors.

Or you could just, you know, use artillery & air assets.

My reply was in context of his question... That if we go tank on tank with our vintage vanilla tanks we risk being completely butchered to the last man.
It will be taken by c17 and c130 .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Even MKI traced J 20 300 km away. Imagine what Rafale can do. As our capability builds up, we should start according to our capability else there is no point in building capabilities. Our Capabilities keep building but we act like a banana republic like we happened to be few decades back. Like Ajit Doval had said, we should hit according to our weight. We should build strength and hit proportionately. We seem to be defensive in Laddakh. We should take back all the area they captured in 2013. They have taken some 640 KM as per some reports. These Masturbation addict Chinese army can not counter us. We should encroach into their grabbed territory. We should have a plan in place about how to take back Laddakh. We can not just satisfy by pushing Chinese back and loosing our territories every time.
Chinese have not taken anything which they didn't had in 1992 lac .

Regarding su30mki is superior to anything other than su35 which china has only 24. J11 , su27 , j10 can't hold a candle to mki.

J20 was never stealth. Those huge canards are an abomination to stealth. No wonder it was tracked.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Upgrades with newer weapons. Meteors could have been fitted a couple of years ago..
Look at the time we are taking to upgrade su30 . Rafale would follow same delays . It's good that it is coming ready to fight.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Lets see what happens tomorrow. If India signs anything like a logistics sharing agreement or basing rights in cocos island with Australia.. That would be something.. Though I think Modi would not do something like that at this point...
Why not . It benefits more to us than Australia. We are the bigger navy among the two. We will most of base sharing arrangements.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mobility is its main problem tbh. It will be tough to operate in Ladakh though it can be handful in Aksai Chin. But then again transportation is an issue.
How?.. It has enogh power to do 50km/hr on flat ground. And the ground in Tamil Nadu deccan plateau & Ladakh valkey are very similar, only the altitude is different. So only the fuel constituency may need to change (I know it did for T-series tanks).
We would need to deploy powerful jammers to disable Chinese APS radar. . our tanks and carl gustavs can wreck mayhem then...
Such jammers we don't have (frankly i dont think such tech exists that can shut down enemy sensors). A thermobaric round would the job do fine though, cook both sensors outside & crew inside.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
How?.. It has enogh power to do 50km/hr on flat ground. And the ground in Tamil Nadu deccan plateau & Ladakh valkey are very similar, only the altitude is different. So only the fuel constituency may need to change (I know it did for T-series tanks).
Such jammers we don't have (frankly i dont think such tech exists that can shut down enemy sensors). A thermobaric round would the job do fine though, cook both sensors outside & crew inside.
We could also send some jaguars with CBU 105 to take out those little critters on ladakh plains.. assuming chinese APS is as good as trophy.. ( The only combat proven APS to have stopped 4 atgms in all during operation protective edge.. as per document shared by hellfire)

cereal killer

Country flag
I think Arjun Mark 2 is definitely much better but it is not coming any time soon. Mark 1 has had some problems. For mobility, it is powered by the great german 1400hp MTU engine that propells the tank at 67km/h.
Now, best tanks that it might encounter are Chinese Type 99 tanks and Pakistani Al Khalids, better known as MBT 2000, or just say “Pakistani-Chinese Type 90II tank”. Also al Khalid uses Ukrainian KMDB 1200hp engines which propell it to 72km/h. But Arjun is better protected & I am sure it can take down Al khalids. But Chinese Type 99 tanks are much superior than Al khalids. Tbh I will trust T90s more than Arjun tank simply because they are battle tested.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

Poor China.. India signs logistics agreement with Australia when facing peak pressure by China along LAC. What happened to the Chicom concept to use pressure along LAC to keep India from getting deeply involved with quad. There was an article that Modi has readied another TOFA for 9 feet chinese, that Australia may be permitted into Malabar excercises...

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Chin

Poor China.. India signs logistics agreement with Australia when facing peak pressure by China along LAC. What happened to the Chicom concept to use pressure along LAC to keep India from getting deeply involved with quad. There was an article that Modi has readied another TOFA for 9 feet chinese, that Australia may be permitted into Malabar excercises...
Chinese have overplayed their hand. Quad is sealed now. Now India has access to all Australian ports. We also have access to french and USA ports in Indo - Pacific theatre.

Chinese have been cheque mated .

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Indian army which used to patrol up to link shown in blue area. PLA earlier used to patrol up to red area, has set up camps at red area. This is inside our claim area. They changed status quo.
Let's talk with them, that's our RM.
Army rushed in more forces and equipment. Wakeup😱

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Chin

Chinese have overplayed their hand. Quad is sealed now. Now India has access to all Australian ports. We also have access to french and USA ports in Indo - Pacific theatre.

Chinese have been cheque mated .
We have to increase our presence in Vietnam port presence and deploy vessels often for strategic deterrence

IndianHawk

Country flag
Indian army which used to patrol up to link shown in blue area. PLA earlier used to patrol up to red area, has set up camps at red area. This is inside our claim area. They changed status quo.
Let's talk with them, that's our RM.
Army rushed in more forces and equipment. Wakeup😱
We can too build camps inside claim area if Chinese break that understanding. What are chinese going to do ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles