India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianHawk

Country flag
IF this news is true then it proves that BJP is filled with ****** just like congress, instead of giving order to private sector atleast for ULH and completely disbanding the OFB they are AGAIN going for very costly imports through emergency purchase. Who knows if any of the ammunition including PINAKA rockets/AFSPDS rounds manufactured by OFB works. BJP needs to act fast and do the much required reforms, they can't hide behind the excuses anymore of how much one government will do.
M777 is already deployed and is mature ready product. Those Excalibur shell are best in business.
It's sound strategy to gain leverage over china fast.

Ulh will come in due time . China has made sure now that India will double down on Mountain warfare. We will litter the Himalayas with artillery and rockets .

Rajpal s

Country flag
US will take its share of flesh if we order something serious from them .THAAD is a serious threat to Chinese this will turn the tables if deployed but the thing is do USA have enough batteries of ThAad TO provide at this short notice and at what cost .The cost might be diplomatic,monetary or something else.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Mostly from the US Army reserves they have quiet a lot of them in Tanks and artys in their reserve . THAAD is over blowing we don't have such requirement as our PDV and AAD covers that domain its S-400 which we needed to tackle CM and Fighter jets . THAAD is not going to happen . as @WARREN SS Said we need some 20-30 Chinooks badly which will help to lift M777A to the conflict zone and also troops quickly
Affirm on that. S400 and our own BMD should cover this up. Goodness we have almost 3 layered BMD which makes us the only country after China, in SEA region to have such capability. IDK, Chinese maybe have 2 layered BMD.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
I know we got fleeced by all our so called Strategic friends when ever they find an opportunity like how Israel did in kargil same USA and france also will do now if given opportunity they run a weapons selling business not some charity .
When we don't even manufacture guns or bullets or anything else this will always be the situation when
we have limited indigenous industry

But this is not time for arm twisting at least when most are screwed by chinese wuhan virus attack and they are pushing us to be part of QUAD and expecting us to do the bulk of the lifting in IOR region in countering PLAAN arm twisting us will only delay all that progress .
[/QUOTE]

Everone is waiting india has been stalling

More than THAAD purchase they would want us to drop that Non alignment drama and finally take a stand on their side including dumping Vodka brothers
[/QUOTE]

has russia made any statements more than token gestures (to india and china)

IndianHawk

Country flag
If MoD is thinking about THAAD, does it mean we have no confidence over our own BMDs? :confused1:
Wont S400 covers 600Km hemispherical range...

Besides THAAD uses Raytheon's radar, and Raytheon has fucked up its Patriot battery. Historically THAAD has missed targets.

A software bug still plagues the Patriot point defense SAM, so much that the recent Iranian missile strike on Oil fields and airforce base in UAE with Patriots parked next to it, couldn't do shit. The Infamous Patriot bug is so popular, that it was even an example given by the Dean of MIT in a python programming course I took back in 2012. Lol.
S400 is not optimised for ballistic missile defense.
Our BMD is in continuous development. I don't think we will buy thaad. But such discussion signal to china that India USA alliance may become a reality if chinki push too far .

It's strategic signalling.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
S400 is not optimised for ballistic missile defense.
Our BMD is in continuous development. I don't think we will buy thaad. But such discussion signal to china that India USA alliance may become a reality if chinki push too far .

It's strategic signalling.

bmd is always five years away. THAAD may not be available even if bought. There
will definetly be an alliance.

scatterStorm

Country flag
This Rattles Many Fanboys on the Forum
Imported Or Not M777 Is Damn Cutting Edge weapon That Operational for more than a decade in Hand of US Army
410 FH-77 acquired from 1986–1991 Scam Or not Bofors Won us Kargil Single highhandedly

The Primary Objective Of Weapon or Platform is To give Edge over adversary in Time of war
Its doesn't Matter If Its Imported Or Indigenous

There Is no Utilization Of Acquiring indigenous Platform if Its not Not PAR With its comparatives
The only advantage the M777 has, is its construction or metallurgy should I put it correctly. The light weight titanium alloy construction, allows better stability against expansion of hot gasses, which allows lighter shells like Excalibur to have extended range, and with guidance it reaches range greater than 45Km.

Rest is all same, probably our Dhanush is much better in terms of rate of fire and accuracy. Its just its heavy. I am not sure, need a subject matter expert on this.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Affirm on that. S400 and our own BMD should cover this up. Goodness we have almost 3 layered BMD which makes us the only country after China, in SEA region to have such capability. IDK, Chinese maybe have 2 layered BMD.
How reliable is S-400
As Far I know S series are All gimmick never Tested in real War

Countless Turks & Israeli's Air Strikes in Syria Proving More claim

After S-400 Given To PLA Do you think how reliable it is Has they not developed Its counters or
Reverse engineer It

As Far I Know Russians are unreliable in case of Chinnis

USA is Not trustworthy But at-least We Should never have Worry About Chinese getting Western platform like With Russians in times of war

What Makes you think Russians Won't supply Chinese arms If Indo-china war occurs ???

Bhadra

Country flag
Artillery should not be a problem of India because over the years India has built good roads approaches to border areas where 130mm Medium Guns can also be towed. 130mm once it reaches Leh it then can be deployed over 2/3 of Ladakh.

M777 would primarily be required for offensive actions and there shortages exist by about 100 guns.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Ten thousand excalibur rounds alone costs anywhere between 700 million to 1 billion $, even US uses them sparingly.
If threat of those rounds with more m777 ( means India dominating heights) can stop a war by putting chinkies on backfoot then it's a small investment.

If war doesn't happen ( chinkies won't fight I know) still those rounds would serve us long time as American ammunition has best shelf life in world.

It's a good deal either way.

IndianHawk

Country flag
The only advantage the M777 has, is its construction or metallurgy should I put it correctly. The light weight titanium alloy construction, allows better stability against expansion of hot gasses, which allows lighter shells like Excalibur to have extended range, and with guidance it reaches range greater than 45Km.

Rest is all same, probably our Dhanush is much better in terms of rate of fire and accuracy. Its just its heavy. I am not sure, need a subject matter expert on this.
M777 is much lighter and can be airlifted to heights by Chinook or mi26 !!

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
How reliable is S-400
As Far I know S series are All gimmick never Tested in real War

Countless Turks & Israeli's Air Strikes in Syria Proving More claim

After S-400 Given To PLA Do you think how reliable it is Has they not developed Its counters or
Reverse engineer It

As Far I Know Russians are unreliable in case of Chinnis

USA is Not trustworthy But at-least We Should never have Worry About Chinese getting Western platform like With Russians in times of war

What Makes you think Russians Won't supply Chinese arms If Indo-china war occurs ???
Russians have been delaying delivery of s400 to India due to chinese pressure.
Even after India risked sanctions to keep the deal alive.
Russians will always choose china over India . Russia will definetly make money from
any conflict probably on both sides.

cereal killer

Country flag
If threat of those rounds with more m777 ( means India dominating heights) can stop a war by putting chinkies on backfoot then it's a small investment.

If war doesn't happen ( chinkies won't fight I know) still those rounds would serve us long time as American ammunition has best shelf life in world.

It's a good deal either way.
Right a good investment for PoK anyways. Koi toh pitega hi. Either master or slave:shoot:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Russians have been delaying delivery of s400 to India due to chinese pressure.
Russians will always choose china over India . Russia will definetly make money from
any conflict probably on both sides.
Russia won’t attend G7 without China
More Confirm to the claim

Many Won't agree But Post Covid-19 Geopolitics Will be interesting To observe

IndianHawk

Country flag

Empty posturing by Russia. It knows Europe Canada would oppose Russian entry anyway.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag

Nato: China-Russia axis threatens Western power

captscooby81

Country flag
People don't understand THAAD is one big red line which will make the bat shit eaters go bresk . Remember how they went full redpilling about economic sanctions over Soko when USA deployed THAAD in southern korea more closely to cover japan korea and also give protection to its CBGs from any land based BM threats emerging from China especially the so called carrier killer DF-21

THAAD deployed in Ladakh or Arunachal will give complete protection from Chinese BM from deep mainland territory

US will take its share of flesh if we order something serious from them .THAAD is a serious threat to Chinese this will turn the tables if deployed but the thing is do USA have enough batteries of ThAad TO provide at this short notice and at what cost .The cost might be diplomatic,monetary or something else.

mokoman

Country flag
I think this make in India initiative is fine in long run but we can not throw our jawans in danger by providing them untested weapons .what will happen if a Kalyani manufactured ulh barrel got burst in while firing during wartime who will be responsible .we need proven weapons during do or die condition .there is a dialogue in hindi movie in which Prem Chopra acting as a military officer says " army andaajo par nhi chalti".
I know we got fleeced by all our so called Strategic friends when ever they find an opportunity like how Israel did in kargil same USA and france also will do now if given opportunity they run a weapons selling business not some charity .

But this is not time for arm twisting at least when most are screwed by chinese wuhan virus attack and they are pushing us to be part of QUAD and expecting us to do the bulk of the lifting in IOR region in countering PLAAN arm twisting us will only delay all that progress .

More than THAAD purchase they would want us to drop that Non alignment drama and finally take a stand on their side including dumping Vodka brothers
Vodka brothers :rofl: .

"drop that Non alignment drama" , no way man , we are India . Even if there is an alien invasion we will only join at last minute .

I think the Russians will drop us first before we drop them , when they start selling arms to Pakistan .

cereal killer

Country flag
Nato: China-Russia axis threatens Western power
Now I don't think we should discard Russia totally here. In case of a conflict with Pakistan US may not fully support us. Everyone will play games which suits them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles