India China LAC & International Border Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBH22

Ladhak is more like Afghan mountains but colder than Afghanistan. Here tanks and helicopters are vulnerable to man pads and anti tank crews. The terrain is more suited for guerilla warfare. If war happens it will not end sooner but continues to rage till nuclear or missiles with bigger yield are used.

At any point of time the mountain troops can encircle the incoming formations and threaten to cutoff the supply lines like Indian army did in Sunderong chu and Galwan Valley.

PLA is in day dreams to choose Ladhak, India to give a message to World.
Mountainous terrain, infantry troops armed with Manpads, grenade launchers and AT missiles will do good job if aided by drones it will good force multiplier.
If we had gone for Su 25 instead of MIG 27 we would be having a good CAS platform which would still be in service.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
what is deployed?? can anybody decode this ?

<>
Something big big big big big and unique has come !! Was taken to Ladakh yesterday along with PM !! You will see a massive massive behaviour change (tail in her legs) in China’s tone and actions in coming days !!

Jai Hind !!!

Something big big big big and unique has come !! Was taken to Ladakh yesterday along with PM !! You will see a massive massive behaviour change (tail in her legs) in China’s tone & actions Why exactly after 2 hours of PM,s visit there was a sudden emergency meeting in Pakistan

Why Pakistan got so scared after PM’s visit to Ladakh yesterday that it’s selected PM called for a sudden & Emergency meeting (not scheduled before) with all senior Army,Navy,NDMA,Airforce, ISI etc etc What did China tell them? China’s tail in her legs already !!
Save this!!

<>
Only AWACS or intelligence plane that can take care of pakis as well as Chinese movement, for me.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Mountainous terrain, infantry troops armed with Manpads, grenade launchers and AT missiles will do good job if aided by drones it will good force multiplier.
If we had gone for Su 25 instead of MIG 27 we would be having a good CAS platform which would still be in service.
Su 30 MKI can act as a bomb truck in air to ground configuration.

JBH22

Su 30 MKI can act as a bomb truck in air to ground configuration.
I don't think it can replace a subsonic jet like Su 25, note that this jet took direct stinger hits and came back. But I guess IAF like other airforce officials do not like no thrills platforms.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't think it can replace a subsonic jet like Su 25, note that this jet took direct stinger hits and came back. But I guess IAF like other airforce officials do not like no thrills platforms.
We still have MIG 27 in storage's

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
But they are in storage and we have 40 of them in storage
:nono: we might have a piece here and there as part of some museum. even if we have it in storage, then it safe to assume that they are not air worthy and probably the pilots have moved on to other fighters.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Having such a massive capability is always desirable bu from where the money will come from. So we should not have a big military ambition till we build a strong economy. We need to take some practical approach such as more order for Scorpene with gradual technological improvements etc.

So far as ICBMs are concern, our k series can match anything. Their payload and accuracy is so high that we can hit a target with conventional high explosive as well. K4 is superb. K5 will be even better.
Yes, the budget is definitely the only show stopper here. But incrementally adding to our diesel electric subs and AIP felt would be thE first series of steps we need to take. These subs are ultra quiet and are very efficient in hunting down subs close to our borders. Which is the main concern now. Regarding SSN,s I agree that they need to be updated too. But it’s time we increase the %budget increase to the navy.
A powerful navy will be a force to reckon with for decades to come. It’s about time, the Japanese and the Americans share technology for subs of this nature, If they truly want India to be a security provider in the region.
Now, I believe the next years Defence budget will go up. Because of recent events.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
:nono: we might have a piece here and there as part of some museum. even if we have it in storage, then it safe to assume that they are not air worthy and probably the pilots have moved on to other fighters.
Some one posted earlier that spare parts have been ordered for even mig 27's with a link a we have 40 upgraded bahadur's in warehouse but been able to reactivate them if needed

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, the budget is definitely the only show stopper here. But incrementally adding to our diesel electric subs and AIP felt would be thE first series of steps we need to take. These subs are ultra quiet and are very efficient in hunting down subs close to our borders. Which is the main concern now. Regarding SSN,s I agree that they need to be updated too. But it’s time we increase the %budget increase to the navy.
A powerful navy will be a force to reckon with for decades to come. It’s about time, the Japanese and the Americans share technology for subs of this nature, If they truly want India to be a security provider in the region.
Now, I believe the next years Defence budget will go up. Because of recent events.
We could find a middle way smaller ssns with large numbers in service's

Sanglamorre

Country flag
So, we have an unsinkable aircraft carrier in the East, A&N Is.

Do we also use the one to our West, Lakshwadweep in same capacity? I don't see much talk about it being a potential base.

JBH22

We still have MIG 27 in storage's
I understand that Jaguar will do that task if ever we need. But any skirmish in that environment will be better served with technicals. That is truck or SUV with mortars, HMG and grenade launchers.
Never saw IA exploring same.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Some one posted earlier that spare parts have been ordered for even mig 27's with a link a we have 40 upgraded bahadur's in warehouse but been able to reactivate them if needed
probably some rumor mills. i have friends in IAF, they have told me once a fighter type is retired from service then all planes of that type is melted to the core, including any left over parts.. occasionally a dozen or so planes after being gutted will enter some museum as show display.

even the manufacturer of 27's have stopped production line and 27's has been retired globally. there is no way you can order spares for 27 and no way mig 27 is coming back to life..

if we do have any in storage, then probably they are not air-worthy

Also, not to mention that.. we retire jets when we are no longer able to maintain the air worthiness due to oldage, lack of parts and service available.. or else we would have upgraded them like jags to serve another decade.

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Question to anyone with knowledge on the subject:
Brahmos. How accurate is this platform? Real talk, no jingoistic optimism.

Can this be used for taking out S400 radar systems across the border. I know this is a costly platform and will be used only for precision strikes, but how will this platform perform in mountainous terrain. Does it have a dive down capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles