India-China Border conflict

Clairvoyance

Country flag
Russians are a very pragmatic people I am sure they realize China is only moving in because the Ukraine war. Russians are in a trapped position and Chinese are there to take full advantage of it. I don’t see Russians playing second fiddle to China for long.
It's highly suboptimal to Russia. The Chinese are moving into Central Asia and have displaced Russian influence there.

I feel Russia lost the "bird in hand" (Central Asia) for "two in a bush" (Eastern Europe).

I don't see how Russia can get out of this situation though. It's truly trapped for at least the next two decades. And it's those decades that are going to be most crucial as China with its soon stagnatimg economy will put rising India to the test. There is nothing China wants less than an economically powerful India that can challenge Chinese power.

Country flag
It's highly suboptimal to Russia. The Chinese are moving into Central Asia and have displaced Russian influence there.

I feel Russia lost the "bird in hand" (Central Asia) for "two in a bush" (Eastern Europe).

I don't see how Russia can get out of this situation though. It's truly trapped for at least the next two decades. And it's those decades that are going to be most crucial as China with its soon stagnatimg economy will put rising India to the test. There is nothing China wants less than an economically powerful India that can challenge Chinese power.
this is the reason I view China as the biggest threat for India. They will do everything to prop pakis up and india will do everything to prop afghans up

Cheepek

Implications incase of a sino-India war(if true)?
One I can think of is no weapon support to India.
China also had a defense agreement with Ukraine not long time back... we know how it turned out

Anyway, agreements signed by Chinese are not worth the paper they are printed on.

It's up to Russia to hold Russia-India ties hostage to Chinese demands.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Putin is not stupid as Gl0b0h0ms want us to believe.
1) Russia China had long standing border issues so Russia would like to prefer keep close relationship with India as counterweight in future.
2) China has no option except supporting Russia because they know they are the next
3) China is looking under pressure that’s why they have come in open unlike India
4) Countries supporting Russia because they are fade up from Western Hegemony

Knowitall

Being biased under the pretext of being an "ally"

Under whose pressure or influence?

Russia has clearly chosen its partner. It will be a junior partner though.

So the 'Soviet Hangover' should be left off as quickly as possible.

India should not pay much attention to Russian antics.

One is a decayed nation another is an rising nation. We'll be five times their economy by next year.

Our surface shipbuilding capabilities already far exceed them. Similarly our army at this point has more manpower to throw at them.

Our manufacturing IT and pharma capabilities already dwarf them by a solid margin.

Once we buff up our spending whatever gap remains will be eliminated too.

Blademaster

India should not pay much attention to Russian antics.

One is a decayed nation another is an rising nation. We'll be five times their economy by next year.

Our surface shipbuilding capabilities already far exceed them. Similarly our army at this point has more manpower to throw at them.

Our manufacturing IT and pharma capabilities already dwarf them by a solid margin.

Once we buff up our spending whatever gap remains will be eliminated too.
What Russian antics are you talking about?

no we are not more advanced than they are. They mass produce combat planes, tanks, and missiles of a wide variety and sorts. Not only that they have some of the largest mineral deposits and reserves in addition to oil and gas.
And they launch from small to heavy rockets and have put men into space. They are training our men for space as well.

Dont be going around and giving the Russians the short shrift and not enough credence and doing the Americans homework.

Pls be realistic about Russian capabilities. Don’t overestimate or underestimate the Russians.

Clairvoyance

Country flag

no we are not more advanced than they are. They mass produce combat planes, tanks, and missiles of a wide variety and sorts. Not only that they have some of the largest mineral deposits and reserves in addition to oil and gas.
And they launch from small to heavy rockets and have put men into space. They are training our men for space as well.

Dont be going around and giving the Russians the short shrift and not enough credence and doing the Americans homework.

Pls be realistic about Russian capabilities. Don’t overestimate or underestimate the Russians.
Russia is certainly a highly advanced country. The question is how useful they can be for India though. Russia can produce a lot of stuff that's cost effective for India to buy, but the important thing to note is that Russia is today very reliant upon China.

Russia would certainly prefer if India could counterbalance Chinese influence. They invited India to the SCO for just that purpose. But the problem is that India simply doesn't have the ability yet to fill that role nor can it afford to wait until that moment. China is the main threat India is facing and due to Russian weakness now, they don't have a choice but to rely upon China.

This gives China a lot of leverage on Russia when it comes to availability of spares to India. Having a Chinese vassal as the primary arms supplier when facing off against China is untenable.

It is actually good that Russia has clearly signaled their alignment with China. This gives India a clear signal of what to expect from Russia rather than face a surprise in a moment of need.

skunk works

Country flag
Umm no this is a misnomer. Russia under Yeltsin came under US/west influence immediately and again during that time we saw some hand wringing by russians. Things improved once under Putin, but as it happens in Geo Politics.. realignment happened. Russia knew about this current inevitable realignment, if west went on with their aim of poking Russian bear in the eye and and in encroaching its territory.

The first INS chakra nuke submarine we got always had a USSR officers along with Indian officers. INS chakra 2 only came through once India agreed for exorbitant refitted Gorshkov and Mig 29K combo. Russia never shied in seducing or killing off Indian officers when it suited them. So lets not make saint out of them. In 71 war, Russia was primary reason we never went in PoK and Pakistan deep further.
Also don't forget Russia honey trapping and ruining the career of a up and coming Indian naval officer.

skunk works

Country flag

I would take their 'advancement' with a pinch of salt. Look at the relative quality of avionics and engines on a Russian aircraft vs. Western.
I don't think Russia is more advanced than India. In manufacturing maybe, but in design? No.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Russia is certainly a highly advanced country. The question is how useful they can be for India though. Russia can produce a lot of stuff that's cost effective for India to buy, but the important thing to note is that Russia is today very reliant upon China.

Russia would certainly prefer if India could counterbalance Chinese influence. They invited India to the SCO for just that purpose. But the problem is that India simply doesn't have the ability yet to fill that role nor can it afford to wait until that moment. China is the main threat India is facing and due to Russian weakness now, they don't have a choice but to rely upon China.

This gives China a lot of leverage on Russia when it comes to availability of spares to India. Having a Chinese vassal as the primary arms supplier when facing off against China is untenable.

It is actually good that Russia has clearly signaled their alignment with China. This gives India a clear signal of what to expect from Russia rather than face a surprise in a moment of need.
Tell me how Russia is reliant on China when it comes Fuel, fertiliser, heavy metals, food and weapons?

How Russia is becoming vassal state of China? What China has given to Russia in term of weapons? Few shells that’s it.

China in fact, using this opportunity to gain support from Russia because China will need Russia if there is Taiwan China war.

This Chutiyapa we has been hearing from the day BRIC was born. But so far BRICS is working fine.

Gl0b0h0ms Liberandu-Sickular are smart until shit hits the fan. Now their opinions are not making any sense at all.

Blademaster

I would take their 'advancement' with a pinch of salt. Look at the relative quality of avionics and engines on a Russian aircraft vs. Western.
I don't think Russia is more advanced than India. In manufacturing maybe, but in design? No.
Still more advanced than us. We can't even get the Kaveri engine up to specs and have to rely on their flying test-bed. They have way more advanced metallurgy. They have flying 5th gen fighters, UAVs, and can launch hypersonic missiles and supersonic cruise missiles. They have built advanced nuclear submarines, etc. And they have and are producing modern airliners etc. They even can produce semiconductor chips and can manufacture in the 65 nm while we can't. We have zero semiconductor manufacturing capabilities right now. The list goes on.

No we are not more advanced than the Russians. We are behind them. We are only more advanced than them in some areas of IT.

Knowitall

Can you please stop this simping for two minutes and think logically.

They are nothing but a glorified renfri state that wants to do trade in yuan while India is busy trading in rupees with a multitude of countries.

They have a declining population and an avg infrastructure network when compared to us. Their economy is feudal when compared to us by most standards.

Our digital economy far outstrips anything they posses. Our trade and international reputation exceeds anything they can dream of.

Some of our tier 1 cities generate 1/3rd the revenue their entire country does. Our surface naval capabilities far outstrips what their junk yards can produce. ISRO already with its limited budget far outstrips what they can do.

In the next 2-3 years when we breach the 5 trillion mark and invest heavily in our military we will dwarf them in all other sectors too.

And no this is not meant as some insult but rather a blunt display of reality.

vishnugupt

Country flag

They are nothing but a glorified renfri state that wants to do trade in yuan while India is busy trading in rupees with a multitude of countries.

They have a declining population and an avg infrastructure network when compared to us. Their economy is feudal when compared to us by most standards.

Our digital economy far outstrips anything they posses. Our trade and international reputation exceeds anything they can dream of.

Some of our tier 1 cities generate 1/3rd the revenue their entire country does. Our surface naval capabilities far outstrips what their junk yards can produce. ISRO already with its limited budget far outstrips what they can do.

In the next 2-3 years when we breach the 5 trillion mark and invest heavily in our military we will dwarf them in all other sectors too.

Except economy and IT, everything you said are looking precisely simping.

Blademaster

:rofl: There is no simping here. It is actual acknowledgement of the reality here in laymen terms.

Ok so what? What does it have to do with us?

So are many other countries' population declining. Have you actually visited Russia? Their manufacturing and industrial base is more advance than us even though USSR has fallen more than 30 years ago. They produce more on a per capita basis indicating higher industrial & manufacturing efficiency. Their GDP per capita and HDI are several levels higher than India. On what basis do you make that comparison?

Our digital economy far outstrips anything they posses.
That I agree and I did refer to us being more advanced than them in that area.

Our trade and international reputation exceeds anything they can dream of.
Are you sure about that? Putin got the entire African continent and some South American countries looking at his propositions and ideas about a trading bloc with great interest. The Middle East countries look at him for direction despite the West's sanctions. India cannot even get that gauge of interests in trade within the same level despite its success in making the rupee as the trading currency with 18 countries. And Russia did that in the face of massive Western sanctions. If India was facing the same conditions as Russia did, India would have wilted and faltered and most of the world would not pay attention to India.

I am sorry but face it. Russia is in a different league than us. We got our own strengths but we got our own weaknesses. Russia did and went through the biggest stress tests ever in the history of the world and emerged stronger. What does that tell you?

Some of our tier 1 cities generate 1/3rd the revenue their entire country does.
Your math is completely way off on this. Russia GDP is over 2 trillion dollars. Nowhere does Mumbai, New Delhi, or Bangalore produce that kind of revenue.

Visit Moscow and its surrounding areas. Also visit St. Petersburg too. Visit the metros and railroad stations. You will be surprised.

Our surface naval capabilities far outstrips what their junk yards can produce. ISRO already with its limited budget far outstrips what they can do.
WTF are you smoking??? (I am not trying to insult you but show you my astonishment) They produce more ships than us!!! We are buying advanced frigates from them!!! They launch more rockets than us!!!! They have way more cruise missiles than us!!!! and they perform way better than us!!!!! And they launch way more heavier payloads than us!!!!! Their engines are way more advanced than the one we got. Take a look at this video about Russian rocket engines:

Please get off from whatever you are smoking and come back to earth. Or please stop watching western propaganda anti Russia videos.

Ok but until then, Russia is still an highly advanced society in almost every field, just not in electronics and they are seeking to remedy this in order to reach parity with the West.

Are you sure about that? Because I feel that you are thinking about another country. What you described is not Russia but another country.

I am not trying to insult you but I need to know where you are coming from to justify the assertions you have made regarding Russia. And I am not sucking up to Russia because I am in love with Russia. I am not in love with Russia at all. I am just making sure that you guys don't fall for the western kool aid and throw everything away and go all in deep with the western world because that is the biggest mistake India can make. India needs to straddle both worlds and stay firm. Only India can grow strong and powerful and live by its own rules and conditions. That is what I want. US and the West wants India to abandon that Russian world and go completely in one world under US conditions and rules which I do not want.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
So Putin finally decided to become Jinping's bitch.

India's attempt should be not letting Russia to be completely under China's grip.

Russia is a now a junior partner to China and this will have implications in the region.
China is doing $300-400 Billion worth of Oil Business with Russia till 2024-25.

Aap bhi dedo itna paise Russia ko to Putin will become Modi's Bitch too!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles