India-China Border conflict

AlphaLegis

Country flag
Here are my findings after reading views of so many authors:

In the west, according to the Chinese officials, from Karakoram Pass, the boundary runs eastward to a point east of 78°05’E , the line turned southwest to a point 78°1’E and 35° 21’N where it crossed the Chip Chap river. After this, it turned southeast along the mountain ridge and passed through two peaks 6845 metres (78°12 ‘ E and 34° 57’N) and Peak 6598 metres (78° 13’E 34° 54’N. Thereafter it crossed the Galwan River at 78°13’E 34° 46N. Thereafter it passes through peak 6,556 (approximately 78° 26′ E, 34° 32′ N), and runs along the watershed between the Kugrang Tsangpo River and its tributary the Changlung River to approximately 78° 53′ E, 34° 22′ N. where it crosses the Changlung River and reaches the Kongka Pass. It reached the Pangong Lake at 78° 49’E, 33° 44’N and crossed the southern bank of the Lake at 78° 43’E, 33° 40’N.
Primary Source (corroborates the data quoted above):

"Q. 9.-The Indian side would like to have some heights of peaks and location of passes on this particular ridge.

A.-From 78° 5' East, the line turned south-west to a point Long. 78° l' E. and Lat. 35° 21' N., where it crossed the Chip Chap river. After this, it turned south east along' the mountain ridge and passed through two peaks Peak 6845 metres and Peak 6598 metres. The co-ordinates of Peak 6845 M were Long. 78° 12' E, Lat. 34° 57' N. The co-ordinates of Peak 6598 M were Long. 68° 13' E., Lat. 34° 54' N. After the alignment passed over the two peaks, it went south along the mountain ridge, where it crossed the Galwan river at Long. 78° 13' E, Lat. 34. 46' N. It then passed over Peak 6556 M and followed the watershed between the Khugrang Tsangpo river and its tributary the Changlung river, crossed the Changlung river at Long. 78° 53' E, Lat. 34° 22' N, and reached the Kongka Pass."

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Lets hope our move forward genetics work this time vs retreating ones if an opportunity presents to get back Kailash and Aksai..
Political unrest in China will have zero effect on its military preparedness. In fact, the newly-appointed chairman might as well do something adventurous to Taiwan or LAC to solidify his reputation.

Its happening lmao
I have a vacancy in my WFB shop, ask him to send his resume to me.

omaebakabaka

Political unrest in China will have zero effect on its military preparedness. In fact, the newly-appointed chairman might as well do something adventurous to Taiwan or LAC to solidify his reputation.

I have a vacancy in my WFB shop, ask him to send his resume to me.
Opportunities may come up and it could be that US may push it or push honkkong to seperate , who knows....civil wars in totaliterian systems are unpredictable. Unlikely but odds are super low we will move forward even if they vacate.

Blademaster

Typical knee jerk reaction of self entitled teen.
Do you ever have anything constructive to offer or is it always just rants?
What I don't get about you is that you want to live in US, enjoy American lifestyle, dish against US online, simp for Putin but lecture Indians why they should not be pissed when they loose control of Indian land while masquerading as a military expert.
And we should take your word over his even though you are not a military expert? You are the one that want to get close to the US and Kumoni after his experience of years of living in the US is repeatedly warning you and other Indians not to get too close to US.

Kumaoni

And we should take your word over his even though you are not a military expert? You are the one that want to get close to the US and Kumoni after his experience of years of living in the US is repeatedly warning you and other Indians not to get too close to US.
Never said "don't get too close" but don't align totally as US presidents are a wild bunch when it comes to foreign policy expert. You can be very pro India like trump or the most anti-India in Joe Biden. Don't become a Japan or South Korea basically.

flanker99

Country flag
@mokoman @mist_consecutive
routine or out of ordinary?
======
Many Flights to Lhasa Gonggar are also being cancelled. We have to see if there is an uptick in military air traffic over the Tibetan plateau or not.

Nothing civilian or with its transponder on seems to be flying over TAR at the moment.

I've checked flight radar history this isnt abnormal tibetian plateu always mostly remains empty but traffic over xinjiang isnt always this empty but sometimes it is we have keep watch over airtraffic for whole day to come to any conclusion

Jimih

Country flag
I've checked flight radar history this isnt abnormal tibetian plateu always mostly remains empty but traffic over xinjiang isnt always this empty but sometimes it is we have keep watch over airtraffic for whole day to come to any conclusion
Yes, the air traffic over TAR is always near empty at any given time.

But the tweet also mentioned Cancelled Flights to that region.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles