India-China Border conflict

armortec

I've also read recently that VLC player has been put on Ban List by GoI after it was found that Chinese were inserting spywares in it.
Wow that's shocking given VLC is open-source. Personally use mpv player 99% of the time both on PC and Android.

As to the wider issue of ads and pre-installed dirty clutter, then if on your phone you are able to unlock the bootloader, root it and then install LineageOS then I assure you you'll have a much better experience. You can check on XDA forums whether your phone is easy to unlock or not. I couldn't buy or use a phone without having done so. I don't know how people put up with ads.

Maybe it's worth having a thread to collate useful info for a more usable PC/phone experience giving how much we now use them.

armortec

DFI ads use Google AdSense.
Google AdSense is dead accurate working on your search history and website viewed (especially e-commerce websites).
Second case is if not you someone else in same location or similar id is searching said items.
Third case you have asked stopped Google AdSense from tracking you and Google AdSense is trying to predict you taste using generic location with generic search preference.
Don't know if it makes a difference but I use Tor Browser with NoScript or Firefox with uBlock Origin to block by default all javascript crap and manually unblock what's necessary. They use lots of sophisticated tracking methods but basically I'll do whatever is needed to not see ads of any kind. Also a guide page here for some things people can do if they wish:

Ironically Tor was invented by US intelligence agencies (so I have no misgivings about it if it's compromised but it's handy to browse web sometimes with it or get round geoblocking)

omaebakabaka

Don't know if it makes a difference but I use Tor Browser with NoScript or Firefox with uBlock Origin to block by default all javascript crap and manually unblock what's necessary. They use lots of sophisticated tracking methods but basically I'll do whatever is needed to not see ads of any kind. Also a guide page here for some things people can do if they wish:

Ironically Tor was invented by US intelligence agencies (so I have no misgivings about it if it's compromised but it's handy to browse web sometimes with it or get round geoblocking)
Brave in incognito does a decent job vs Tor shit where stuff just does not work and is painfully slow. Goodluck with tracking, plenty of ways to create a digital signature without using cookies. Even VPN's are not secure as they are in pockets of intelligence agencies. So, if you are online forget being totally anonymous privacy wise. Duckduck is compromised to when they got bought out and soon brave will too....too many chootiyas in the world that accepted digital slavery in terms of smart watches, pods and whatever the fuck

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Brave in incognito does a decent job vs Tor shit where stuff just does not work and is painfully slow. Goodluck with tracking, plenty of ways to create a digital signature without using cookies. Even VPN's are not secure as they are in pockets of intelligence agencies. So, if you are online forget being totally anonymous privacy wise. Duckduck is compromised to when they got bought out and soon brave will too....too many chootiyas in the world that accepted digital slavery in terms of smart watches, pods and whatever the fuck
I am using brave on phone 0 ads since 1 month

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Wow that's shocking given VLC is open-source. Personally use mpv player 99% of the time both on PC and Android.

As to the wider issue of ads and pre-installed dirty clutter, then if on your phone you are able to unlock the bootloader, root it and then install LineageOS then I assure you you'll have a much better experience. You can check on XDA forums whether your phone is easy to unlock or not. I couldn't buy or use a phone without having done so. I don't know how people put up with ads.

Maybe it's worth having a thread to collate useful info for a more usable PC/phone experience giving how much we now use them.
Been using octavi on my realme 3 pro works like a charm 1000 times better than realme os was confused between lineage and octavi is lineage good might try it and yes please mods can we have a thread for tech?

Cheepek

just goes to show how retarded they are :crazy:. ,

its open source software , chinese hackers put out a hacked up version , and GOI bans the original site .
Government should not have banned the official website, it's probably the most trusted place to download the official version of the software; but the problem here is original VLC being used as a tool, not a hacked one.
I thought folks in CERT-In are a bit smarter...

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Been using octavi on my realme 3 pro works like a charm 1000 times better than realme os was confused between lineage and octavi is lineage good might try it and yes please mods can we have a thread for tech?
Why the hell were you getting ads on Realme 3 pro in the first place? I didn't do custom ROM yet no ads.

Unless you mean online ads when you visit websites

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Why the hell were you getting ads on Realme 3 pro in the first place? I didn't do custom ROM yet no ads.

Unless you mean online ads when you visit websites
I did custom rom cause relame ui 2.0 messed up the whole phone wasn't optimised most people went back to 1.0 but I didn't wanna roll back so went with custom rom

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Your AdSense is off I think. I know mine is, and the only ads i get in DFI now are either weapon companies selling tactical gear or meet hot babes online type. No in between 😂😂
Looks like as per Google Adsense people only people visiting DFI are either gun nuts or desperate loners wanting to meet women online.

DumbPilot

Country flag
We are hurting where they cant even say and show and whole world knows including P5-china. Everything is not machines and when this forum questions the integrity even the best of the people who have put there neck on the line way before the age of social media it raises important questions do we really think critically?

- Modi we can have a debate why he said so and so which we will come to know may be decades later but the man who has guts to walk in Srinagar's lal chowk that too in the peak of terrorism and unfurl Indian flag and seat there. Who among us will even come out of our home if a gun shot fire is heard? yes his decisions will fail because there is an ecosystem which is being nurtured and when we say its 70 yrs lol no way it starts back to late 18th century.

I sometimes just look at myself and wonder how much brainwashing has been done and yes it impacts DNA it does. You may have a smile for this but this is the fact.

- Doval - a man has single handedly made the western neighbourhood bleed - before thinking that he disrespects army go and read his articles when he was in his think tanks..

- Jaishankar - a man of few words. Single handedly responsible for energy Sovereignty of INDIA. he is the man who has secured India's path for developed nation.

- Rajnath - you may mock him kadi ninda which is really funny. But he is the most decisive person. Art 370 abbrogation is no one else but his soles credit. Nd just like one of my friends used to say Art 370 to bhagwan hi hata sakta hai.

This all have a plan and they are playing cards one by one. This not nehru's era where patel and menon's warnings will not be paid heed to.
for every Indian's sake, I hope this is true

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
- Rajnath - you may mock him kadi ninda which is really funny. But he is the most decisive person. Art 370 abbrogation is no one else but his soles credit. Nd just like one of my friends used to say Art 370 to bhagwan hi hata sakta hai.
Article 370 abrogation is Modi-Shah brain child especially Amit Shah. No one else can take credit for that.
Rajnath Singh had nothing to do with it.
The entire episode fell under jurisdiction of home ministry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles