India-China Border conflict

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag

Bruh. AI and ML goes burrrr in Military. Only Autonomous currently have some credibility is UAV's. Still we don't see wide spread use of UGV and Underwater autonomous vehicles. Till then we are going to fight with man and machines for coming decades also.

Fancy words to cover beggaristan crowd

Last edited:

flanker99

Country flag
What's stopping the supreme leader from authorizing such a move? Brahmos in Taiwan would be such an eye candy!
Brahmos has russian parts export will not be possible...but we could give our irbm design to them in exchange for semiconductor

Tridev123

Country flag
must be those cuckys sitting in MEA who might be thinking a cruise ship is coming instead of a spy one
We have really fucked things up in Sri Lanka.
The ethnic Tamil population in Sri Lanka was our greatest asset and pressure point against the Sri Lankan Government(fully Sinhalese dominated).

Creating the LTTE was not an bad strategy. But the inability to moderate and control its activities proved counter productive. How the hell did we allow the LTTE to become an anti India force. It speaks of intelligence failure. Agreed that the Sri Lankan intelligence services and the CIA(the Americans were very anti India at that time) would have loved to embarrass New Delhi.

I believe that the then Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was led into a trap. The Indian Army should never have been sent to fight the LTTE in Sri Lanka. How can we fight our own brothers. It was the job of our intelligence agencies to ensure that such an course of action will never be warranted. Now who(plural) mislead PM Rajiv Gandhi is an unanswered question. I would guess that the CIA would have been very happy to see India fall into the trap and suffer an fiasco in its Sri Lanka policy.

I don't want to get into politics but I believe that if India Gandhi was the Prime Minister then the Indian Army would have entered Sri Lanka on only one condition. Creation of an independent Tamil Province combining both the North and East of the country. Whose security and foreign policy would be New Delhi's responsibility.
I am certainly not trying to boost the Congress Party image. But only pointing out the difference in the approaches to the problem between mother and son. Mrs Gandhi would never have allowed an Sri Lankan Tamil and Indian Armed Forces conflict.

The Tamils of Sri Lanka have become marginalised after the victory of the Sri Lankan Army in the ethnic conflict. By removing all Tamil armed resistance an important pressure point has been allowed to die. The Sinhalese extremists now believe that they have become invincible.

I believe that there has been an significant decline in the population of Tamils in Sri Lanka in the last few decades. Many thousands of ethnic Sri Lankan Tamils have migrated to Tamil Nadu permanently and further reduced the proportion of Tamils in Sri Lanka's total population.

Also I believe that there has been some amount of Sinhalese migration into traditionally Tamil areas in the last two decades. Thereby further weakening the political and economic position of the ethnic Tamil population.

Which is not good for Indian influence in Sri Lanka. If the Tamil population declines considerably it will have less and less impact on the politics of Sri Lanka. New Delhi will have less leverage to influence policy making in that country.

I will have to admit that the geo political situation has changed in recent times and not all Sinhalese are anti Indian but the bottom line is that an strong and empowered Sri Lankan Tamil population is in India's best interest.

I believe New Delhi has an responsibility to ensure that the legitimate interests of the Sri Lankan Tamils are protected.

maximus777

Country flag
The ethnic Tamil population in Sri Lanka was our greatest asset and pressure point against the Sri Lankan Government(fully Sinhalese dominated).

Creating the LTTE was not an bad strategy. But the inability to moderate and control its activities proved counter productive. How the hell did we allow the LTTE to become an anti India force. It speaks of intelligence failure. Agreed that the Sri Lankan intelligence services and the CIA(the Americans were very anti India at that time) would have loved to embarrass New Delhi.

I believe that the then Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was led into a trap. The Indian Army should never have been sent to fight the LTTE in Sri Lanka. How can we fight our own brothers. It was the job of our intelligence agencies to ensure that such an course of action will never be warranted. Now who(plural) mislead PM Rajiv Gandhi is an unanswered question. I would guess that the CIA would have been very happy to see India fall into the trap and suffer an fiasco in its Sri Lanka policy.

I don't want to get into politics but I believe that if India Gandhi was the Prime Minister then the Indian Army would have entered Sri Lanka on only one condition. Creation of an independent Tamil Province combining both the North and East of the country. Whose security and foreign policy would be New Delhi's responsibility.
I am certainly not trying to boost the Congress Party image. But only pointing out the difference in the approaches to the problem between mother and son. Mrs Gandhi would never have allowed an Sri Lankan Tamil and Indian Armed Forces conflict.

The Tamils of Sri Lanka have become marginalised after the victory of the Sri Lankan Army in the ethnic conflict. By removing all Tamil armed resistance an important pressure point has been allowed to die. The Sinhalese extremists now believe that they have become invincible.

I believe that there has been an significant decline in the population of Tamils in Sri Lanka in the last few decades. Many thousands of ethnic Sri Lankan Tamils have migrated to Tamil Nadu permanently and further reduced the proportion of Tamils in Sri Lanka's total population.

Also I believe that there has been some amount of Sinhalese migration into traditionally Tamil areas in the last two decades. Thereby further weakening the political and economic position of the ethnic Tamil population.

Which is not good for Indian influence in Sri Lanka. If the Tamil population declines considerably it will have less and less impact on the politics of Sri Lanka. New Delhi will have less leverage to influence policy making in that country.

I will have to admit that the geo political situation has changed in recent times and not all Sinhalese are anti Indian but the bottom line is that an strong and empowered Sri Lankan Tamil population is in India's best interest.

I believe New Delhi has an responsibility to ensure that the legitimate interests of the Sri Lankan Tamils are protected.
Totally agree. Intelligence failure on a massive scale. Now we have a PLA ship snooping on us from SL when the country is literally on dole from us. :facepalm:

Even with unfavorable developments, the Sinhalese are Buddhists and should have been within the Indic sphere of influence. Whatever happened to the Indian soft power - Buddha, yoga, lauda lassun?!?

defc0n

Country flag
With everything going on, I am thinking about two points -

A) Will China just dance around Taiwan and fire BMs and RAs accross the island into the water? If so, what are they trying to achieve here, scare the world with hot air?

B) If they decide to invade Taiwan, US will not be in a position to save them - not without risking a major global conflict. Will US choose that, I have my doubts given how US operates.

On the other hand, US has got sufficient shoe on the face after Russia hit Ukraine as US didn't do shit, so what will US's international image be if they let Taiwan fall.

Knowitall

Totally agree. Intelligence failure on a massive scale. Now we have a PLA ship snooping on us from SL when the country is literally on dole from us. :facepalm:

Even with unfavorable developments, the Sinhalese are Buddhists and should have been within the Indic sphere of influence. Whatever happened to the Indian soft power - Buddha, yoga, lauda lassun?!?
Because in the real world vishwaguru also known as vishwanapunsak strategy does not work.

Modi thinks that by hugging the shit out of gora saheb and throwing around the hard earned money of taxpayers he can get the job done when in reality all he has done is become the clown of this world.

Just think for a second.

A bankrupt country right at our doorstep just showed us the middle finger and all we can do is give diplomatic statements.

At this point why even blame Sri Lanka hijade ko hijada hi bolenge na aur kya.

armortec

Intelligence failure on a massive scale
Indeed. But bear in mind this candid interview on Strat News Global with Harinda Vidanage (Head of Strategic Affairs at a SL Uni).
Skip to about 19:40, he honestly says "SL has always been wary of India since independence hence we signed a defence pact with the British..." So for sure India got into a complete mess with with the LTTE and IPKF, but anti-India sentiments precedes that it seems. I hope it's just at the political level because I've never seen SL people as anything other than as the same (I cheer their sports teams and persons in events etc). My personal opinion is that Modi must certainly have been advised giving billions right now would be going down a black hole but did it anyway. Unfortunately right now India needs Modi (or someone else) to be like Putin or yes Indira - absolutely ruthless. $15T economy helps stuff pockets of many corruptable politicians across the world. Clearly Chinkpaksas are still running the show.

And nevermind SL how about Nepal? Even bigger fuck up!

Maybe it would be best if some of the SL discussion is moved to the SL thread.

Samaritan

Country flag

As government changes , policy changes , there are enough babu in screwed it up and i do not dunia lobbying for interest work in such cases. That to coalition government , you should not expect any national thing.
I may be wrong in my above analysis we it is fact that for some small personal gains we put nation under the bus. Coming back to your above analysis , yes , sending army in SL was very bad decision. finishing off the LTTE took pressure off of SL .
But i would say the subsequent governments after Indira Gandhi , made complete mess in foreign policy,
Sending army in other country will spoil the atmosphere more rather than helping it, Current government doing fine in diplomacy , but more aggression is needed , we have not provided red carpet to SL in this crises but also remember we can not let it at the mercy of China. In today's world , things can happen without war , use right strategy , I would refer the today's Afghan-India relations case in point. in this also you can not expect Taliban as your friends , these snakes will bite you whenever they get chance , but we are working with them and our presence matters. Same case is going to be with Nepal,Buthan and SL. It's long game and results will come if you play according to plan.but if government changes , it goes for toss.

Jimih

Country flag
This is why lankans should have been left to rot. In the worst case they would have ended up in Chinese camp like they already were. There was no downside, but vishwaguru wasted $3 billion of tax money to win nobel prize
No we should not have China owned Neighbours in our vicinity.

Problem is GoI is not doing enough to remove China's influence on our neighbours.

Combination of both Hard and Soft diplomacy is what India needs to deal with its neighbours who are suffering from Small Nation Syndrome.

Blank

Country flag
No we should not have China owned Neighbours in our vicinity.

Problem is GoI is not doing enough to remove China's influence on our neighbours.

Combination of both Hard and Soft diplomacy is what India needs to deal with its neighbours who are suffering from Small Nation Syndrome.
Every nation on the sub-continent thinks they are some big shit. Pakistan - Islamic Bomb, protector of Islam. Bangladesh - Asian tiger 😂, Sri Lanka - South Asian Singapore, Bhutan - Switzerland, Myanmar - Vietnam....Nepal - Nepal is a superpower

😂 😂 😂

They have egos bigger then European countries, think India has no right to act as a big brother even though it is the largest, has larger economy, larger army etc. In a nutshell, these countries are like ostriches putting their heads in sand and saying "Everything is cool. I am a fresh meat. Please eat me, China daddy. "

IndianHawk

Country flag
Every nation on the sub-continent thinks they are some big shit. Pakistan - Islamic Bomb, protector of Islam. Bangladesh - Asian tiger 😂, Sri Lanka - South Asian Singapore, Bhutan - Switzerland, Myanmar - Vietnam....Nepal - Nepal is a superpower

😂 😂 😂

They have egos bigger then European countries, think India has no right to act as a big brother even though it is the largest, has larger economy, larger army etc. In a nutshell, these countries are like ostriches putting their heads in sand and saying "Everything is cool. I am a fresh meat. Please eat me, China daddy. "
It's not ego but simply tribal politics. Basically nations around india are still rooted in tribe like politics rather than acknowledging there future lies with india. There are relegious divide as well.

India is also at fault because our slow economic growth has allowed china to emerge as larger trading partner sometimes.

But this won't last in next decade there economies will be more and more interwined with india than any other power and they will be forced to tow Indian line whether they like it or not.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles