India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
@mokoman @shade @Bhumihar you guys going apeshit or what ?

Creating unnecessary scenarios in the head, losing, and crying. Teenage girl syndrome?

Every year we dispose of off hundreds of tonnes of expired ammunition, most of them being artillery shells. No country except for the USA and Russia keeps a large stock of ammunition and military rations, and only starts their factories when the need arises.

What is that minimum level, is debatable, but I think 1 month's stock for intense fighting is more than enough.

Within one month, the merchant navy will be in full swing importing raw material and manufactured ammunitions, and our ordinance factories will start working over time.

Kumaoni

Lol unlimited friendship my ass.

It’s lavrov whose trusting the Chinese only, that’s it. The rest of the oligarchy damn well knows they will have to give up Vladivostok if they get too in bed with the Chinese.

India and Russia friendship makes the most sense. We help them against China (when the time comes), they help us in Central Asia. The two also desire multipolarity while China desires unipolarity and Europe is happily willing to oblige.

People need to read more about the Chinese. They want to revert their borders to PRE 1850 CHINA. Why? Becuase 1850 began their century of humiliation. That’s why they look at Arunachal Pradesh, as most likely it had some influence from tibet. The whole philosophy about Chinese expansion is global dominance. Period.
@mods, didn't want to create a new thread.
So posting here.

shade

Country flag

Creating unnecessary scenarios in the head, losing, and crying. Teenage girl syndrome?

Every year we dispose of off hundreds of tonnes of expired ammunition, most of them being artillery shells. No country except for the USA and Russia keeps a large stock of ammunition and military rations, and only starts their factories when the need arises.

What is that minimum level, is debatable, but I think 1 month's stock for intense fighting is more than enough.

Within one month, the merchant navy will be in full swing importing raw material and manufactured ammunitions, and our ordinance factories will start working over time.
Are there any penalties for doing drama of STRIKE during wartime for these sarkari-employees? :troll:

Also you have such faith in our industrial production once it comes online, which surely will take some time, yet the esteemed jernails didn't foresee the requirement for extreme cold weather clothing? I can understand the political class closing eyes, having chings drink coconut water in TN and chant sab changa si, but such apathy and complacence from the military class?

Anyway the reactive nature of decision-making here means they're always sleeping and need a tight slap from their enemies to wake them up.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

Ayy mate I never said that there is anything wrong with 1 month worth of stock but what I doubt is the the industrial performance during the time of war.

In kargil we fired 250000 shells in two months.
That was a skirmish and this will be full fledged war with multiple fronts opening and all arms of the militray being engaged.
Our current production rate per year is 50,000 to 60,000 as per TOI

I say we will spend no less than 300,000 artillery shell per month of it really escalate. Do you think all our industy combined able to match that.
Not to mention artillery will break down every day. Can we replace those artillery just as fast?

Hell do we Have proper helmets?

You and me both saw it took IA almost a month to match the Chinese in deployment during the galwan incident. Almost a month later generail was bragging about enough mutton Rogan Josh and just a month back they did not have proper winter clothing

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Not to mention our logistics and troop transport.
It is a hard fact that Infrastructure is better on the Chinese side and It will be so till the next decade, we are just starting to catch up but they were already superior and now further improvising.

Till this day we do not have airstrip in frontier areas of Himachal and not as many helipads either.

Chinese have 50+ watered down equivalent of c17 and we have our 11 c17. When the war comes c17 will be the most valued machine in logistics.

I haven't even taken their Missile stock into account which is anyway far superior to ours.

thebakofbakchod

Some battery projects are being built in Ladakh as part of the solar grid being built by various private companies there

Guess who is supplying the equipment:crazy::notbad:😭

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Are there any penalties for doing drama of STRIKE during wartime for these sarkari-employees? :troll:

Also you have such faith in our industrial production once it comes online, which surely will take some time, yet the esteemed jernails didn't foresee the requirement for extreme cold weather clothing? I can understand the political class closing eyes, having chings drink coconut water in TN and chant sab changa si, but such apathy and complacence from the military class?

Anyway the reactive nature of decision-making here means they're always sleeping and need a tight slap from their enemies to wake them up.
The communists and samosa-snackers of PSUs are being kicked out real fast. Don't have any proof on OFB units (just trust me vro), but here is for railways -

And regarding industrial production, would you believe if I say we do have the industrial capacity to produce ammunition and artillery shells (they are actually easy and not technologically intensive like semi-conductors). Tata, Kalyani, and L&Ts along with other private players will gladly pick up the opportunity.

Ayy mate I never said that there is anything wrong with 1 month worth of stock but what I doubt is the the industrial performance during the time of war.

In kargil we fired 250000 shells in two months.
That was a skirmish and this will be full fledged war with multiple fronts opening and all arms of the militray being engaged.
Our current production rate per year is 50,000 to 60,000 as per TOI

I say we will spend no less than 300,000 artillery shell per month of it really escalate. Do you think all our industy combined able to match that.
Not to mention artillery will break down every day. Can we replace those artillery just as fast?

Hell do we Have proper helmets?

You and me both saw it took IA almost a month to match the Chinese in deployment during the galwan incident. Almost a month later generail was bragging about enough mutton Rogan Josh and just a month back they did not have proper winter clothing
One thing I will say is, that it is not necessary that we manufacture every pin and bolt within the country. We can buy surplus ammunition and guns from other friendly countries as well. Replacing complex equipment (like Fighter jets, Tanks) will not be possible within a short span of time (within month), but definitely possible in few months time.

karn

Country flag

I agree with what you are saying . But what merchant Navy ? We have no dedicated merchant fleet .. all we do today is contract from international companies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Not to mention our logistics and troop transport.
It is a hard fact that Infrastructure is better on the Chinese side and It will be so till the next decade, we are just starting to catch up but they were already superior and now further improvising.

Till this day we do not have airstrip in frontier areas of Himachal and not as many helipads either.

Chinese have 50+ watered down equivalent of c17 and we have our 11 c17. When the war comes c17 will be the most valued machine in logistics.

I haven't even taken their Missile stock into account which is anyway far superior to ours.
Dude, the Chinese side got flat, straight plains for making roads and runaways. Himachal and Uttrakhand area is completely hilly and construction of airports is not really feasible.

You can cry about n-things we lack vis-a-vis China. True, we really do, but war is not fought and won by covering weaknesses, but by focusing on our strengths.
Every army in the world inevitably has some weakness in some form, the enemy will try to exploit that weakness, and you will try to exploit the enemy's weakness.

If Heinz Guderian had cried that France had better tanks than them in WW2, they would have never succeeded in Blitzkrieg, but instead, they made lighter and more maneuverable tanks to outflank heavier French tanks.

If Joseph Stalin had cried that Germany had better tanks than Russia, they would have never invaded Berlin and re-captured their lost territories, instead, they manufactured so many dirt cheap tanks that each German tank faced 10 Russian tanks.

If we cry that China/Pakistan has X things better than us, we will never be able to protect our motherland from mleechas, savages, and anti-nationals.

:india:

Kumaoni

Dude, the Chinese side got flat, straight plains for making roads and runaways. Himachal and Uttrakhand area is completely hilly and construction of airports is not really feasible.

You can cry about n-things we lack vis-a-vis China. True, we really do, but war is not fought and won by covering weaknesses, but by focusing on our strengths.
Every army in the world inevitably has some weakness in some form, the enemy will try to exploit that weakness, and you will try to exploit the enemy's weakness.

If Heinz Guderian had cried that France had better tanks than them in WW2, they would have never succeeded in Blitzkrieg, but instead, they made lighter and more maneuverable tanks to outflank heavier French tanks.

If Joseph Stalin had cried that Germany had better tanks than Russia, they would have never invaded Berlin and re-captured their lost territories, instead, they manufactured so many dirt cheap tanks that each German tank faced 10 Russian tanks.

If we cry that China/Pakistan has X things better than us, we will never be able to protect our motherland from mleechas, savages, and anti-nationals.

:india:
Even Aksai. It’s impossible to retake Aksai now best focus on keeping Arunachal which china claims

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Ching is soyboy but he has all kinds of mass produced toys
doesn't matter if our guys are 56" chested gigachads if they don't have chad industry backing them and instead need to be supplied by begging and (((emergency procurements))).

Roosi was shitting the early months of the war not knowing what he was doing but now he is peppering Hoholistan with 70k artillery shells a day :bplease:

Modern peer-wars won by industrial powa, has been since WW2, for insurgency or anti terror you may need different tactics, but for wars with a proper adversary industrial powa or btfo.
IMG_20220705_143505.jpg

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
There are steps to achieving capability.
1. Overall large war deterrence - Yes, with reliable nukes and delivery platforms, we have this. So full scale war not possible.

2. Tactical land grab wars - we are extremely underprepared and setup for this. We saw during the Porki’s Op. Swift Retreat the inability of IAF to mount a devastating response within a short time window. Plus the breakdown in comm protocols leading to fratricide. We are still short on border roads, short of surveillance capability, and deterrent armored formations. Armed drones in numbers are totally needed. Yet nothing. So, for now, we are not going to be able to establish dominance during short skirmishes over Porkis or chinki s. This capability must be attained ASAP.

Blademaster

I guess we already have some 600 Prithvi missiles spread out across 6 missile groups.
Remember reading it somewhere
How many Iskanders have the Russians fired so far? What about the older systems, the Tocha system? If it is more than 600 missiles, that means that the IA needs to procure about 3k of these missiles just to have any permanent impact.

Blademaster

The question is how long does it take for the Indian industry to gear up to a war footing and start mass producing the ammo and weapons in needed quantities to sustain India's war efforts. Look at the western countries. They are cribbing on how long it will take to replenish their war stocks that they have generously donated to Ukraine.

Hari Sud

Country flag
The West Asian QUAD and China expansionism

It is comprised of four countries: the United States, India, Israel and the United Arab Emirates. The name West Asian QUAD is poorly chosen. In fact, this is an International Forum on Economic Cooperation also known as I2U2. It has American blessings, but no formal declaration. Israel capitalized on the warming of relations with some Arab countries and with American blessings invited India, the great power of the region, to participate also.

See the parallel of US policy of 1950s when US in West Asia and South East Asia created Baghdad Pact, later called Central Treaty Organization (CENTO) and South East Asian Treaty Organization (SEATO). They were military agreements to prevent a Soviet takeover of the countries of West, South and East Asia. Nothing like this happened and John Foster Dulles, the American master of these pacts, died in 1958 and later his ideas were abandoned. The new grouping is purely economic in nature and protects only the economic interests of others. At a time when China is emerging as an economic powerhouse, the economy of each country is the key.

US President Joe Biden in his visit to West Asia this month (July 13-16) will hold a virtual summit and try and formalize the grouping into a bloc of like minded nations. The US is likely to re-emphasize economic co-operation, food security, improve the land & sea communications etc. in the declaration. In this contest, presence of India at any summit is very important. India holds the key to Indian Ocean security from the Suez Canal to Singapore. India's growing strength and ability to monitor the seaways of the Indian Ocean is of the utmost importance. It is only India that will keep control of China's rising naval power and maintain peace in the heavily infected naval piracy region of the east coast of Africa.

Therefore, it is clear that the Chinese will be prevented from dominating Indo-Pacific through the now formalized QUAD. In addition a full co-operation of AUKUS countries (US, UK and Australia) will standby by the QUAD to help out against any Chinese adventurism. India, in full collaboration between QUAD and AUKUS, will keep the Chinese out of the Indian Ocean.

The West Asian QUAD will provide stability and security to the West Asia, which is rife with adventurism and instability. The West Asian QUAD exploits cultural synergy, cooperation, shared values, trade and other economic aspects etc. A formal declaration may come during Joe Biden’s visit, but overall it’s formation enhances India’s position in trade, labor pool and act grand master in cultural matters.

The Shrike

Country flag
Our superb industrial manufacturing capabilities were well displayed last year during the second wave when our Giga Chad (TM) foreign minister had to beg the Chinese to air cargo route open so we could buy their substandard Oxygen concentrators at eye gouging prices - and this is one year into the covid and while we were having a military standoff with China. Tells you all you need to know. Since Kargil (at least) every military situation over the years exposed big gaps in our capabilities. And these gaps take years to fill, but the last 8 years have mostly been a wasted opportunity, there is very little evidence that we are prepared for a protracted for a high tempo war against a de facto super power.

The Shrike

Country flag
I can almost see Narendra Zelensky visiting European and Anglosphere capitals.
But Babaji can't make white women wet them selves like Zelensky - which is why I advise all DFI members simping for pootin to stop immediately and add Ukraine flag and Slava Ukraini in the social media profile to earn some brownie points from white masta. Stop laughing at the the Ukrainians and start applying for ARseNaL oF DeMoCracY (TM) credit card.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles