India-China Border conflict

Knowitall

Another important point to note is how we have shifted some of our forces from LOC to LAC which I'm sure would give pakistan a lot of leeway in a conventional conflict with us.

Looking at the war in ukraine any decently armed nation with well built fortifications can slow down the operation and increase the casualties drastically.

Pakistan unlike ukraine does have a well functioning airforce which can be quite the spoiler in our plans to end the conflict fast. We too will have to face a level of urban warfare like the Russians in Lahore Islamabad hyderbad etc. So a shift of our forces from LOC to LAC does give pakistan a lot of respite.

Kumaoni

Another important point to note is how we have shifted some of our forces from LOC to LAC which I'm sure would give pakistan a lot of leeway in a conventional conflict with us.

Looking at the war in ukraine any decently armed nation with well built fortifications can slow down the operation and increase the casualties drastically.

Pakistan unlike ukraine does have a well functioning airforce which can be quite the spoiler in our plans to end the conflict fast. We too will have to face a level of urban warfare like the Russians in Lahore Islamabad hyderbad etc. So a shift of our forces from LOC to LAC does give pakistan a lot of respite.
No one wants to invade shitty pakiland. In our offensives, we never actually wanted to annex their shitty land but destroy their manpower by encircling their positions (achieved to an extent but not quite). We just conducted limited offensives to areas like Lawhore and Sialkot.

Knowitall

No one wants to invade shitty pakiland. In our offensives, we never actually wanted to annex their shitty land but destroy their manpower by encircling their positions (achieved to an extent but not quite). We just conducted limited offensives to areas like Lawhore and Sialkot.
India does need POK to access central aisa and also cut off china from Pakistan. At the same time capturing strategic parts of Punjab and sindh will be extremely useful to us long term.

We need to understand that a lot of infiltration routes today exist solely because of bad negotiations made during peace treaties.

Capturing the agricultural and fertile lands of Pakistan at the border while occupying POK will cripple pakistan for life.

Kumaoni

India does need POK to access central aisa and also cut off china from Pakistan. At the same time capturing strategic parts of Punjab and sindh will be extremely useful to us long term.

We need to understand that a lot of infiltration routes today exist solely because of bad negotiations made during peace treaties.

Capturing the agricultural and fertile lands of Pakistan at the border while occupying POK will cripple pakistan for life.
You can’t capture POK without striking Pakistan in Sindh. Sindh is virtually unprotected and doing limited offensives to THREATEN NOT CAPTURE is key in loosening up Pakistani forces.

This has always been indias goal. In 1965, india pretty much captured Phase one of their objectives (BRB and Phillora-Bhagowal Cross Roads).

Instead of worrying about junk cities Full of Paki Orcs, chokepoints like the Brb, MRl Ravi, and communications centers which isolate and threaten these Paki Infested cities, would leave POK pretty much unguarded.

cereal killer

Country flag

There's can't be significant movement from either side of LoC... It's a deadlock like always. That's why PoK is harder to take than Pakistani Punjab.
Indo-Pak main battlefront is always in the plains.
In 1965 we did tried a raid on Sialkot front which completely surprised Pak army. Although I don't know how successful it was exactly as it was not that well coordinated. It did relieve pressure on Chammb & ended any Paki dream on Akhnoor.
I do believe next time we will go one better & take out Sialkot first.
Any action along Kashmir is just too tough & futile for both sides.

Blademaster

I need a straight answer. Did India lose territory or not since the Galwan clash and has India regained it back or not? How much territory did India lose permanently?

Blademaster

Well, I have given you the facts, it's upon you to conclude. For example, @mokoman considers this a successful Chinese salami slicing of our territory, and he insists we lost that piece of land to China.
What is your conclusion? Please give a straight answer not obsufucation like Joe Shearer? By the way is Joe Shearer banned? Haven't heard from him since.

mokoman

Country flag
What is your conclusion? Please give a straight answer not obsufucation like Joe Shearer? By the way is Joe Shearer banned? Haven't heard from him since.
no one knows 100% , because no one knows where the LAC is . add politics to it , then it becomes even more muddled. according to old UPA gov , Chinese are now ~10-15 km inside indian LAC .

my opinion - we lost a large 'buffer zone' - chinese slowly took control of a large area that was patrolled by both sides in past .

altogether , LAC - the actual control line has shifted in chinese favour . which is bad - for us.

vishnugupt

Country flag
no one knows 100% , because no one knows where the LAC is . add politics to it , then it becomes even more muddled. according to old UPA gov , Chinese are now ~10-15 km inside indian LAC .

my opinion - we lost a large 'buffer zone' - chinese slowly took control of a large area that was patrolled by both sides in past .

altogether , LAC - the actual control line has shifted in chinese favour . which is bad - for us.
Everyone knows where is perceived LAC and where are Chinese standing.

India has lost all buffer zone, means China have reached the area up to they used to claim.

India has no option except preparing for what will china do the next. If they don't anything and so do we.

Moral of the story is, we lost the territory atleast contested territory, A common area.

Our UN armed forces didn't even tried to repel the Chinese at the time of incursion. They just came back crying. In retaliation, Generals ran for more kickback deals.

Some people will jump to lecture me but let me tell them, my loyalty is towards Bharat not towards institutions.

War is only option left with China no matter when but India has left with only this option.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles