India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I would like to mention, that I have done an extensive analysis of Chinese long-range MLRS, such as PHL-16 and PCL-191, and their quoted monstrous range of 300-350 km with apparent accuracy of 10m CEP.

Seems to be invincible right ? Yep, because it is all fabricated and propaganda. PCL-191 has an actual range of around 120, or 150km (absolute maximum, with a hand-grenade sized warhead).

All the flashy tests and pinpoint accuracy videos are carefully fabricated.

Don't fall for Chinese propaganda.

shiphone

Country flag
"PCL-191"? oh? so it sounds like a ‘Gun howitzer’ / 'Howitzer' here....lol... obviously you don't know the meanings of 'P' 'C' 'L' (especially the 'L')... then what kind of 'extensive analysis ' was made even if you couldn't name it correctly?

-----------
the export project AR-3 MRLS

300mm/370mm rockets and the '750mm rocket' (or the Short range surface-to-surface tactical missile?)...obviously the 370mm round has the much longer range....lol...

微信截图_20220523101350.png

basicly the 'red figure' part of a designation is the range.
微信截图_20220523101911.png

-----------
the XXX-191 in PLA ground force service...BTW, the 'H'=rocket ...lol

Last edited:

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
"PCL-191"? oh? so it sounds like a ‘Gun howitzer’ / 'Howitzer' here....lol... obviously you don't know the meanings of 'P' 'C' 'L' (especially the 'L')... then what kind of 'extensive analysis ' was made even if you couldn't name it correctly?

-----------
the export project AR-3 MRLS

300mm/370mm rockets and the '750mm rocket' (or the Short range surface-to-surface tactical missile?)...obviously the 370mm round has the much longer range....lol...

View attachment 157137

basicly the 'red figure' part of a designation is the range.View attachment 157138

-----------
the XXX-191 in PLA ground force service...BTW, the 'H'=rocket ...lol

Cant blame him when everyone else also says the same

The Shrike

Country flag
first time seeing chine bunker layout

which year is this ?
No idea, GE does not show dates anymore. The history layer is stuck at 2018, but don't see how that's possible (or is it?). IIRC imagery of this area was updated showing Chinese deployment of 2020/2021, so im guessing it from the last 1 year. (I'm too lazy to cross check the area on sentinel).

mokoman

Country flag
No idea, GE does not show dates anymore. The history layer is stuck at 2018, but don't see how that's possible (or is it?). IIRC imagery of this area was updated showing Chinese deployment of 2020/2021, so im guessing it from the last 1 year. (I'm too lazy to cross check the area on sentinel).
yea its 2018,nov , thats when construction started.

they covered it up now , looks like nothing is there except 2 roads.

LOL , doklam really woke them up .

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
You're basically talking nonsense
The data of pcl03 is in the data of pcl191
Even the range of pcl03
140km is not achieved by reducing the warhead, but by using a two-stage rocket engine. As for the CEP of 3 ~ 5m, the precision of satellite guided weapons is the same,
As for the data of the new pcl191 rocket
It has been shown that the maximum distance can reach 280km,
Pcl191 launches M20 ballistic missile
I think you should talk about some investigation before you talk nonsense next time, okay,
Tis a sad day for a wumao when their propaganda gets called out.

As a side note, your "science" is just fancy words thrown together. Two stage rockets add range, the dont give magic wings to ignore technical feasibility.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
You're basically talking nonsense
The data of pcl03 is in the data of pcl191
Even the range of pcl03
140km is not achieved by reducing the warhead, but by using a two-stage rocket engine. As for the CEP of 3 ~ 5m, the precision of satellite guided weapons is the same,
As for the data of the new pcl191 rocket
It has been shown that the maximum distance can reach 280km,
Pcl191 launches M20 ballistic missile
I think you should talk about some investigation before you talk nonsense next time, okay,

Looks like you didn't see this so I am again posting it so that we can discuss this matter in more detail.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I would like to mention, that I have done an extensive analysis of Chinese long-range MLRS, such as PHL-16 and PCL-191, and their quoted monstrous range of 300-350 km with apparent accuracy of 10m CEP.

Seems to be invincible right ? Yep, because it is all fabricated and propaganda. PCL-191 has an actual range of around 120, or 150km (absolute maximum, with a hand-grenade sized warhead).

All the flashy tests and pinpoint accuracy videos are carefully fabricated.

Don't fall for Chinese propaganda.
PCL-191 and PHL-16 are the same system, whatever range this MLRS has, it sure has more range than any MLRS which IA currently has in it's Inventory.

In category of Rocket Artillery, IA has 3 Different systems which are :
  • 1. Pinaka MBRL
  • 2. Smerch 9K58 MBRL
  • 3. BM-21.
BM-21 Grad has a range of 0.5–45 km.

The Smerch we have is said to have a Maximum firing range of 90 km (56 mi) so currently this is the best we have in terms of Rocket Artillery.

Currently the best Variant of Pinaka which is Pinaka Mk-2 with IA has a range of only 60 kms, MK-3 which is under development will supposively have 120 kms so Pinaka 3 is the one which we need if we want to try and match the best that the Chinese have.

If the range which you are quoting of PCL-191 is 120, 150 kms after your extensive Analysis is to be Taken true than it still means that we have Inferior range as compared to Chinese rocket Artillery.

Last edited:

Angel of War

Country flag
PCL-191 and PHL-16 are the same system, whatever range this MLRS has, it sure has more range than any MLRS which IA currently has in it's Inventory.

In category of Rocket Artillery, IA has 3 Different systems which are :

1. Pinaka MBRL
2. Smerch 9K58 MBRL
3. BM-21.

BM-21 Grad has range of 0.5–45 km.

The Smerch we have is said to have a Maximum firing range of 90 km (56 mi) so currently this the best we have in terms of Rocket Artillery.

Currently the best Variant of Pinaka which is Pinaka Mk-2 with IA has a range of only 60 kms, MK-3 which is under development will supposively have 120 kms so Pinaka 3 is the one which we need if we want to try and match the best that the Chinese have.

If the range which you are quoting of PCL-191 is 120, 150 kms than it still means that we have Inferior range as compared to Chinese rocket Artillery.
Rocket artillery and self propelled 155mm artillery is the core strength of PLA group army Artillery Brigades .

The Shrike

Country flag
yea its 2018,nov , thats when construction started.

they covered it up now , looks like nothing is there except 2 roads.

LOL , doklam really woke them up .
If it is really from 2018 then I guess we can say we patted our own back and went back to sleep after Doklam. Knowing the Chinese it's safe to say they have built similar bunkers in other places too, during the same period.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles