India-China Border conflict

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That list is too long. In general, double lane road connectivity to all border areas, and permanent bridges that can support > 70T weight (can move tanks). Electricity and mobile network connections are the second thing that is indirectly very significant.
Are we sure of 4g internet connectivity
I heard water supply and electricity is still not available to few areas
I guess I am misinterpreting with Arunachal

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Perhaps we were ready for Doklam but no so much for Galwan, we came out of Doklam with flying colors as if we were expecting it. Deployment was swift and matched chinese speed on the other hand during Galwan we were caught off guard we didn't start proper Deployment until months into the event.

Perhaps we did not expect them to show up in Aksai Chin?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Perhaps we were ready for Doklam but no so much for Galwan, we came out of Doklam with flying colors as if we were expecting it. Deployment was swift and matched chinese speed on the other hand during Galwan we were caught off guard we didn't start proper Deployment until months into the event.

Perhaps we did not expect them to show up in Aksai Chin?
The aggressor always has the advantage of surprise. During Doklam, we were the first movers, and during Galwan, Chinese.
Also to note, some reports say China was preparing for the 2020 conflict for since last 3 years, which means since Doklam's defeat. They had infinite time to build barracks, gather high-altitude equipment, plan strategy, and train troops.
Compared to that, our response was in haste, and we took 3 months (June - Aug) to get ready to formulate a response. Not too bad, but it could have been better.

Wasting precious flat lands for muh phool Patti.
Nah man, it is better than a barren, cold desert.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The concern is valid, we are surrounded by 2 sides with our back against the Karakoram mountain ranges at DBO.

Rather than DBO, we should convert the Nyoma airstrip into a full-fledged fighter-capable airport.
It would make sense to secure maximum bases in this frontier since Himachal is lacking a proper one also DBO overlooks Hotana and Kashgahr air bases.

mokoman

Country flag

Has Asphalt been laid in DBO air strip?
we are laying new asphalt road to DBO + activated/build up an old helipad close by .

maybe DBO will be asphalted last .

not much point to it anyway unless we are on offsensive which is unlikely .

Chinese will shell it from across border , making it useless.

Angel of War

Country flag
Rather than DBO, we should convert the Nyoma airstrip into a full-fledged fighter-capable airport.
Nyoma is too close to the LAC to support fighter operations , roughly 23km from the chinese positions. Our fighter jets could be vulnerable to PLA special forces and artillery from that distance. I believe it can be upgraded as a attack helicopter base and a permanent heliport.

Blank

Country flag

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Respect to BRO for doing it record time. But I wish GoI also allow companies like L&T, AFCONS to start working on this border road. What is stopping them from doing this? It is funding or some other related rules?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles