India-China Border conflict

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Look up on "OPEN SOURCE" and you will find lots of articles and news what claims that PLA is inferior as compared to IA in High altitude Warfare.

Also is it true that most of the soldiers serving in PLA are younger as compared to soldiers in IA?
Yeah brother we have more experience and training than them
But that doesn't mean they aren't prepared they may not be of our level but they have advantages over other issues which can compensate it
And as @abingdonboy said training and experience doesn't take time it requires will to learn and no lethargic attitude

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Well Indian army has fought every battle that it could possibly get into. Be it with Pakistan or China.

And what Do you mean by "they never fight a war until they are not sure of victory or complete supremacy" "They" here was referred to as Indian army by you.

For example, If say Chinese army attacked India with full force, Than would Indian Army just sit back thinking whether they will win or lose against China?

DEFINITION OF ARMY : "An army (from Latin arma "arms, weapons" via Old French armée, "armed" [feminine]), ground force or land force is a fighting force that fights primarily on land."

So the job of army is attack, Defend it's Nation, it doesn't matter whether they lose or win.

Indian_army-1-e1557911223179.jpg

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well Indian army has fought every battle that it could possibly get into. Be it with Pakistan or China.

And what Do you mean by "they never fight a war until they are not sure of victory or complete supremacy" "They" here was referred to as Indian army by you.

For example, If say Chinese army attacked India with full force, Than would Indian Army just sit back thinking whether they will win or lose against China?

DEFINITION OF ARMY : "An army (from Latin arma "arms, weapons" via Old French armée, "armed" [feminine]), ground force or land force is a fighting force that fights primarily on land."

So the job of army is attack, Defend it's Nation, it doesn't matter whether they lose or win.

View attachment 156849
"They" in my comment meant by PLA I have written above not IA
I hope it clear now

Pls stop posting pics in every post man

Super Flanker

Country flag
Yeah brother we have more experience and training than them
But that doesn't mean they aren't prepared they may not be of our level but they have advantages over other issues which can compensate it
And as @abingdonboy said training and experience doesn't take time it requires will to learn and no lethargic attitude
The only Advantage that PLA has over the Indian army is Numerical Superiority. PLA has more assets as compared to Indian Army.

PLA has more tanks as compared to India, they have more vehicles, more Helicopters and also more missiles as compared to India.

Also along with Numerical Superiority, PLA has a technological edge over us. Training wise and Experience wise, Indian army is superior and exceeds PLA in high altitude Warfare.

Even though PLA might have more assets, to counter them, we don't need to have the same number. We will be a Defensive force, please remember these Important words my friend:-

"Defense is inherently stronger than the offense. As a general rule of thumb, attacking forces have to be at least three times stronger than defending forces."

So to counter PLA in defensive war, our army will have some more years to modernise. After army gets Additional 200 K-9 SPGs, also maybe light tanks, also AK-203s and SIG-716, also I hope IA places order for Additional LCH, Rudra Helicopters etc. With this we will be able to fight PLA. But this level of Modernisation will take lot of years unfortunately.

Super Flanker

Country flag
"They" in my comment meant by PLA I have written above not IA
I hope it clear now

Pls stop posting pics in every post man
Oh ok got it, I got triggered because I thought that you had said Indian Army.

PLA already had lost 1967 clash with India. They won 1962 war but lost 1967 battle so your Argument that PLA enters a fight only if they are sure that they will win is not correct.

I hope everything is clear now.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
most of your replies diminish Indan army , are you Indian?? Did not see this in Galwan??
I think, some forum members tend to over glorify Galwan.

In Galwan, China tried to change the status quo and they "most probably"succeeded(by paying a certain price).

Just this tweet's timeline clear everything(courtesey @mokoman )

Short summary:
1653074818947.png

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The only Advantage that PLA has over the Indian army is Numerical Superiority. PLA has more assets as compared to Indian Army.

PLA has more tanks as compared to India, they have more vehicles, more Helicopters and also more missiles as compared to India.

Also along with Numerical Superiority, PLA has a technological edge over us. Training wise and Experience wise, Indian army is superior and exceeds PLA in high altitude Warfare.

Even though PLA might have more assets, to counter them, we don't need to have the same number. We will be a Defensive force, please remember these Important words my friend:-

"Defense is inherently stronger than the offense. As a general rule of thumb, attacking forces have to be at least three times stronger than defending forces."

So to counter PLA in defensive war, our army will have some more years to modernise. After army gets Additional 200 K-9 SPGs, also maybe light tanks, also AK-203s and SIG-716, also I hope IA places order for Additional LCH, Rudra Helicopters etc. With this we will be able to fight PLA. But this level of Modernisation will take lot of years unfortunately.
Yes if it's case of a long stretched war then all your points are valid
But we here are focusing on stopping incursions, standoffs and small level conflict
PLA will stop incursion if we have a better logistics, better weapons, better surveillance, better intelligence, etc.
Again defensive force can one or other day be suppressed using huge force leave it we can talk later about it

Super Flanker

Country flag
Yes if it's case of a long stretched war then all your points are valid
But we here are focusing on stopping incursions, standoffs and small level conflict
PLA will stop incursion if we have a better logistics, better weapons, better surveillance, better intelligence, etc.
Again defensive force can one or other day be suppressed using huge force leave it we can talk later about it
This I agree with.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
@India Super Power
I've noticed one thing in you - you are always low on morale. You somehow assume that they( chinese) will just smash our heads open with a rock without thinking much about what we can do. Of any of us here atleast you should be thinking that india is a super power ( I meant literally ! Lol)
He tends to think Indian Armed Forces are pushovers.
He has been fed a lot of Chinese propaganda or maybe he thinks unless soldiers are not equipped like Americans, they can't win a war.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles