India-China Border conflict

cereal killer

Country flag
If I were China I'd wait a little bit more. Gap is increasing day by day in our & their preparedness. Right now with Russia Ukraine ongoing time is not right.
But I expect XI riding on his high horse & ultra nationalism to committ a blunder. A sure shot win in few years could very well be stalemate right now. India missed the bus in June 2020 to pull off another 1967. Right now best we can hope for is XI to do a miscalculation.

BabaKhalbali

If I were China I'd wait a little bit more. Gap is increasing day by day in our & their preparedness. Right now with Russia Ukraine ongoing time is not right.
But I expect XI riding on his high horse & ultra nationalism to committ a blunder. A sure shot win in few years could very well be stalemate right now. India missed the bus in June 2020 to pull off another 1967. Right now best we can hope for is XI to do a miscalculation.
Jinping is pondering on what you said

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
The best time was in 2020, and now the gap is decreasing day by day.

Do you know the single-most deciding factor between India and China winning the land war ? It is the logistics. The next most important thing is the air force. God of war is artillery no more, it is the ever-hovering birds that can drop PGMs on your head anytime.

With the 2020 Chinese encroachment, we suddenly woke up from our slumber and started building both of them at a fast pace. By around 2040, we will probably get parity, or may even outgun China in military hardware, if we play our cards right.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Actually, the reverse. China is ageing and slowing down, and India is at its peak of demographic dividend and is growing like crazy.If chinese wait a decade, they will never get a chance. Their only chance is to hit in this decade.

Angel of War

Country flag
elaborate please . I'll be interested to hear your view point , but I seriously don't agree with you . Also the scenario from 67 which you've brought up is very different from what is happening right now , it was limited and short.

Knowitall

Actually, the reverse. China is ageing and slowing down, and India is at its peak of demographic dividend and is growing like crazy.If chinese wait a decade, they will never get a chance. Their only chance is to hit in this decade.
Chinese ageing issues won't show themselves for a good 30-40 years and being a single party state means they can devote considerable resources to this problem.

India on the other hand will have it' own issues by 2030's. Assam Bengal and other states would be muslim majority by them. Infiltration conversion and insurgency would be at an all time high in NE. This is discounting the massive conversions going on in southern states like Andhra and the emergence of khalistani issues in the north.

Our TFR in most states is already below conversion levels and our own ageing problems will pop up by 2040-50.

I don't understand why people just magically assume that we will move ahead of china after a decade or so. infact we have a thread here on the forum itself where a article talked about us matching china in 2020s and yet here we are.

With inflation at a all time high and the world economy on a roll we are not exactly in a good spot. Our 5 trillion estimates lay around 2026-27. We are not exactly on top in emerging markets like AI semiconductors robotics etc.

End of the day both nations will have their own issues no point making such predictions.

cereal killer

Country flag
elaborate please . I'll be interested to hear your view point , but I seriously don't agree with you . Also the scenario from 67 which you've brought up is very different from what is happening right now , it was limited and short.
It does seem a lot similar considering Art 370.. Bifurcating Ladakh & J&K. Ladakh becomimg a separate UT. Chinese have always been sensitive about it far more than AP. Sikkim was on its way to become a Indian state as well back in 67. First dent to five finger plan happened right there in 67.

Hari Sud

Country flag
What is wrong with the remaining Mariupol defenders. Their commander has already asked them to stop defending the city. Their local sergeant does not wish to surrender. It is all fool hardy.

There is no shame in fighting when you think battle can be won. There has been no battle in the underground hiding places. Russians are sparing them to come out and live and fight another day. But stupidly not. Now if the Russians gas them the same way as the US was doing it in Vietnam then no international laws are broken. It is the local sergeant to be blamed…… God knock some sense in the local defender’s head.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
What is wrong with the remaining Mariupol defenders. Their commander has already asked them to stop defending the city. Their local sergeant does not wish to surrender. It is all fool hardy.

There is no shame in fighting when you think battle can be won. There has been no battle in the underground hiding places. Russians are sparing them to come out and live and fight another day. But stupidly not. Now if the Russians gas them the same way as the US was doing it in Vietnam then no international laws are broken. It is the local sergeant to be blamed…… God knock some sense in the local defender’s head.
why posting this on indo-china tough?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles