India-China Border conflict

Angel of War

Country flag
The 23rd infantry division was an infantry division of IA during WW-2. This division saw Battle in the Burma Campaign. The division was raised on 1 January 1942, at Jhansi in Central India.

Now coming to its composition :-

There are 4 brigades in 23 Infantry Division. They are:
  • 23 Artillery Brigade (Dipatoli Cantt, Ranchi, Jharkhand)
  • 61 Infantry Brigade (Dipatoli Cantt, Ranchi, Jharkhand)
  • 167 Infantry Brigade (Shahjahanpur Cantt, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh)
  • 301 Infantry Brigade (MONUSCO, South Africa)
Presently we have the following units assigned to the 23rd infantry division :-
  • 23 IDSR (Infantry Division Signal Regiment)
  • 23 IDOU (Infantry Division Ordnance Unit)
  • 23 IDPU (Infantry Division Provost Unit)
  • 51 Armoured Regiment
  • 100 (Independent) Tank Transporter Company (ASC)
  • 107 Engineers Regiment (Bombay Sappers)
  • 323 Field Hospital
  • 423 Field Hospital
  • 523 ASC Battalion
  • 623 EME Battalion
Hope you found this information which I have shared with you, Helpful.
Spot on @Super Flanker . But just a correction - 107 engr regt is in tenga valley in arunachal under 5 mountain div .

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
It's just getting messed
For a once signals are given everything normal, status quo accepted
Something news like this and now many other changes are being made in structure of our forces
Can anyone guess or assume what's going on
Prevention for another galwan. Chinese got away with galwan because we took time to mobilise - If we had done multiple Snow Leopards (or even had the the capability of doing so) the chinese wouldnt have been able to ingress.

Blank

Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
It's time that our armed forces give more priority to China as compared to Pakistan. Pakistan is definitely a threat but right now, the bigger threat is being posed by Chinese.

On a minor note, can someone give me Intel about how much Indian territory Chinese have occupied and how much Territory we currently are having in our possession. Thank you in advance.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
It's time that our armed forces give more priority to China as compared to Pakistan. Pakistan is definitely a threat but right now, the bigger threat is being posed by Chinese.

On a minor note, can someone give me Intel about how much Indian territory Chinese have occupied and how much Territory we currently are having in our possession. Thank you in advance.
6 divisions have been moved/repositioned for LAC, as for IAF I am not sure what is the situation with them.
How much territory has been lost, well depends on which version you listen, govt says depsang issue has been legacy (2013 onwards), whereas former 14 corps and 3 div commanders have said we have sent patrols upto (or beyond, I'll need to recheck that) Y junction till Jan 2020. Otherwise as per what has been said here, pla have occupied some territory here and there in Gogra, Hotsprings.

BTW apart from more armoured elements what else do strike corps have exclusively?
And regarding 17 MSC, a few years ago a pic surfaced where they were very poorly equipped (some with sterlings). How are troops from 17 msc suppose to take the battle into Tibet, by mechanized forces or by air?

mokoman

Country flag

👀 we been using swathi radar against Pakistan during cross border shelling .

feels like LAC also bit by bit changing to LOC .

Angel of War

Country flag
BTW apart from more armoured elements what else do strike corps have exclusively?
And regarding 17 MSC, a few years ago a pic surfaced where they were very poorly equipped (some with sterlings). How are troops from 17 msc suppose to take the battle into Tibet, by mechanized forces or by air?
I suggest you go through this article

Angel of War

Country flag
so what the government is telling the chinese - We won't stand our ground till you decide to slap us hard again . Seriously why are they even making such statements .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles