India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Hmm, we have started pushing reinforcements in Ladakh finally. Pretty late for this year, I think the standoff is more or less over now. Everybody has accepted the new ground reality and no one is eager to push forward.

China wins this round, but only by a slight margin. The next standoff will be in our favor.

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
Who said Galwan was a battle.. ? It was a Gang fight..
i was saying that i don't want to hear that IA got "surprises" factor from their enemy counterpart even if its termed under gang fight....the enemy should get befitting reply even when they want to surprises us....

Photon

Country flag
China-developed floating airship "Jimu No. 1" successfully lifted off from the "Earth Summit Mission 2022" scientific research camp (probably in Tibet)at an altitude of 4,300 meters and reached 9,032 meters on Sunday, setting a new world record for atmospheric scientific observation by airships.
Nb: The design look pretty similar to Elta aerostat we acquired from Israel.
1652612039252.png
1652612048672.png
1652612058428.png
1652612069626.png

Angel of War

Country flag
Hmm, we have started pushing reinforcements in Ladakh finally. Pretty late for this year, I think the standoff is more or less over now. Everybody has accepted the new ground reality and no one is eager to push forward.

China wins this round, but only by a slight margin. The next standoff will be in our favor.
I don't agree that they won . We haven't been coerced to abandon our indo pacific strategy yet , infact , the standoff has emboldened us to take a more pro active stance against PLA . For me , victory can only be achieved at the strategic level of operations , not at the tactical level of operations

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I don't agree that they won . We haven't been coerced to abandon our indo pacific strategy yet , infact , the standoff has emboldened us to take a more pro active stance against PLA . For me , victory can only be achieved at the strategic level of operations , not at the tactical level of operations
That is the golden line from this standoff. India and our population's thinking direction is reactive, not proactive.

This standoff finally kicked all the delusions of Indo-China love angles and strictly focused our forces from Pakistan-centric to China-centric offensive capabilities. Nothing short of a direct war with China could have changed this, and it cost us the sacrifice of our 20 Bravehearts.

When I say, they have won marginally, is because they have solidified their supply chain & road network, are constantly learning the nitty-gritty of mountain warfare, and finally, either secured the disputed territories or strengthen them. (Depsang, Gogra, Pangong Tso).

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
China could have grabbed so much more on their first surprise offensive in April-May 2020. We were so ill-prepared that any credible response would have taken more than a month of time to muster for us.

For example, they could have walked straight into DBO-Depsang using some 100-200 tanks and would have faced little resistance from simple rifle-wielding ITBP and a handful of T-72s stationed at DBO.

They could have (in fact they almost) captured large chunks of Gogra-Hotspring and we would have difficulty even in sending reinforcements there.

Chinese were not even serious when they occupied our territory in May 2020, they thought we will do absolutely nothing. The only place they got serious was Pangong Tso, but then we did too.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

mokoman

Country flag
China could have grabbed so much more on their first surprise offensive in April-May 2020. We were so ill-prepared that any credible response would have taken more than a month of time to muster for us.

For example, they could have walked straight into DBO-Depsang using some 100-200 tanks and would have faced little resistance from simple rifle-wielding ITBP and a handful of T-72s stationed at DBO.

They could have (in fact they almost) captured large chunks of Gogra-Hotspring and we would have difficulty even in sending reinforcements there.

Chinese were not even serious when they occupied our territory in May 2020, they thought we will do absolutely nothing. The only place they got serious was Pangong Tso, but then we did too.

😕 we are not that spineless , DBO isnt claimed by china , we have observation posts at LAC in DBO which means we would see them coming , yea Chinese can overrun , but not without killing our people , blowing up our tanks . which would automatically kick start the 2nd india-china war .

yea general pang also said same thing , he claims we had no reserve in june and july and chinese would have taken that entire chenmo valley

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

😕 we are not that spineless , DBO isnt claimed by china , we have observation posts at LAC in DBO which means we would see them coming , yea Chinese can overrun , but not without killing our people , blowing up our tanks . which would automatically kick start the 2nd india-china war .
Yep, and are they afraid of drawing the first blood? I think Galwan has proved that the Chinese are not afraid of shooting the first bullet, neither they are hesitant in killing.

Let's say if China did capture Depsang + DBO in a bloody offensive, what could we have done, to take it back? Nothing short of a nuclear war would have moved China from the Depsang-DBO axis, as the geography of that area does not favor us for a conventional offensive.

Worst case, we might have been begging just like we are doing right now to give us back DBO-Depsang.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
@Angel of War. Bhai kuch briefing do is formation ke baare me .
Like which regiment it is composed of
The 23rd infantry division was an infantry division of IA during WW-2. This division saw Battle in the Burma Campaign. The division was raised on 1 January 1942, at Jhansi in Central India.

Now coming to its composition :-

There are 4 brigades in 23 Infantry Division. They are:
  • 23 Artillery Brigade (Dipatoli Cantt, Ranchi, Jharkhand)
  • 61 Infantry Brigade (Dipatoli Cantt, Ranchi, Jharkhand)
  • 167 Infantry Brigade (Shahjahanpur Cantt, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh)
  • 301 Infantry Brigade (MONUSCO, South Africa)
Presently we have the following units assigned to the 23rd infantry division :-
  • 23 IDSR (Infantry Division Signal Regiment)
  • 23 IDOU (Infantry Division Ordnance Unit)
  • 23 IDPU (Infantry Division Provost Unit)
  • 51 Armoured Regiment
  • 100 (Independent) Tank Transporter Company (ASC)
  • 107 Engineers Regiment (Bombay Sappers)
  • 323 Field Hospital
  • 423 Field Hospital
  • 523 ASC Battalion
  • 623 EME Battalion
Hope you found this information which I have shared with you, Helpful.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Re-alignment, as threat is there

It's just getting messed
For a once signals are given everything normal, status quo accepted
Something news like this and now many other changes are being made in structure of our forces
Can anyone guess or assume what's going on

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles