India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
One question here, everyone seems to be using the word "watershed" in the context of Arunachal Pradesh. What is exactly its meaning in this context ?

Angel of War

Country flag
I don't think you following, they have already built a road up to the crest (pass) plus a few smallish building there. And the altitude is more like ~3850m not 6000m.
Any specific sections where you see the Google earth line not following the watershed?
as you can see in both the Posts , The google earth line is going to the tibetan side

mokoman

Country flag
as you can see in both the Posts , The google earth line is going to the tibetan side
but thats not the area in question 🤷‍♂️ , besides Chinese claim entire AP , so no use arguing about what Mcmahon wanted to draw or what watershed is where.

i am just pissed that the fuckers can come down from up top a ridge and block us down in the valley. :scared2:

Angel of War

Country flag
but thats not the area in question 🤷‍♂️ , besides Chinese claim entire AP , so no use arguing about what Mcmahon wanted to draw or what watershed is where.

i am just pissed that the fuckers can come down from up top a ridge and block us down in the valley.
@The Shrike wanted me to give an example about the alignment errors on google earth

Angel of War

Country flag
Government should allow the army to play dirty with chinks . All these years we have only did tit for tat missions against them . If we really want them to stop transgressions then we gotta stay a step ahead of them in doing mischief on the border . First step should be to set up permanent camps just across the watershed on their side
You'll see them panicking like they did in august 2020

altruist ROR

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

i am just pissed that the fuckers can come down from up top a ridge and block us down in the valley. :scared2:
But isn't it they doing it since a long time. Last time they went 10-15 km deep. At least now their movement is much restricted. Any conventional war is not possible in the region. A small-scale skirmish like Galwan though can happen. But that will be more brutal in terms of casualities. Chinese how hard they try, can not hold the region for long giving to the region's altitude.

altruist ROR

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Government should allow the army to play dirty with chinks . All these years we have only did tit for tat missions against them . If we really want them to stop transgressions then we gotta stay a step ahead of them in doing mischief on the border . First step should be to set up permanent camps just across the watershed on their side
You'll see them panicking like they did in august 2020
Preemptive measures... No Babu will let that happen. Aug 2020 happened in the backdrop of Galwan, as you rightly said tic for tac.

Angel of War

Country flag
But isn't it they doing it since a long time. Last time they went 10-15 km deep. At least now their movement is much restricted. Any conventional war is not possible in the region. A small-scale skirmish like Galwan though can happen. But that will be more brutal in terms of casualities. Chinese how hard they try, can not hold the region for long giving to the region's altitude.

There are only two places in arunachal where major battles can actually taken place
1) Tawang
2) Walong
Rest of the areas will see tactical skirmishes at best with no strategic impact . Simply because other areas are densely forested and extremely hilly .
Until 1987 we were in a weak position in the tawang theatre in front of china but after 1987 with the additon of 21 Div to ORBAT IV corps the army got a great boost in Tawang sector . Our strength was further boosted with the addition of 71 div to ORBAT IV corps

Jimih

Country flag
There are only two places in arunachal where major battles can actually taken place
1) Tawang
2) Walong
Rest of the areas will see tactical skirmishes at best with no strategic impact . Simply because other areas are densely forested and extremely hilly .
Until 1987 we were in a weak position in the tawang theatre in front of china but after 1987 with the additon of 21 Div to ORBAT IV corps the army got a great boost in Tawang sector . Our strength was further boosted with the addition of 71 div to ORBAT IV corps
I think RALP (rest of Arunachal Pradesh) is the only vulnerable area right now. The RALP in Arunachal Pradesh means the area other than the Kameng region (East and West Kameng districts)

Tawang is fine with 4 corps guarding it. Walong/Kibithu is still vulnerable as it falls under RALP. 3 corps has been assigned to guard it.

Angel of War

Country flag
I think RALP (rest of Arunachal Pradesh) is the only vulnerable area right now. The RALP in Arunachal Pradesh means the area other than the Kameng region (East and West Kameng districts)

Tawang is fine with 4 corps guarding it. Walong/Kibithu is still vulnerable as it falls under RALP, 3 corps has been assign to guard it.
Walong kibithu , mechuka and gelling are well covered by III corps .
Gaps exist in dibang, upper subansiri and asphila . That's why i believe 57 MD should be moved to dibang

The Shrike

Country flag
Long but worth the read, first section has a recent interview that Gen Naravane gave - indicates Depsang and Demchok is not on the table (so called "Legacy" issue).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles