India-China Border conflict

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
How often do they update their images ?
I am not sure about that but the images are at Times more 2 weeks Old, even I am not exactly sure how often does google earth update their images. According to the Google Earth blog, Google Earth updates about once a month. However, this doesn’t mean that every image is updated once a month – far from it, only some places are updated every month. In fact, the average map data is between one and three years old. So not very helpful.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
How often do they update their images ?
Maybe this be of Some help you I guess.

mokoman

Country flag
They have four live SAM launchers near Mansarovar Lake . I've seen them through google earth . Yes you're right about decoys too .
posted image during construction

:hmm: did they place launchers ? , ~3 years to complete a SAM site .

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag

More PPE-kit showoff and bannerbaazi
saw their special forces wear PPE , i mean u could get shot by wearing an all white PPE , but atleast u wont get covid.

---------------

bonus image

:hmm: new chinese aircraft carrier 'Sea Dragon' , with Xi Jingping at helm

really dont know the context , felt like this belonged here 🤓

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
why are we not replacing these ??
The upgrades that this system has got makes them relevant for another 10-15 years.
Also, IAF has 13 squadrons of Akash SAM with 2 more squadrons to be delivered.
So it will not be a one-on-one replacement if these S-125 squadrons are all retired at once.
Hence, they have not been retired.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
saw their special forces wear PPE , i mean u could get shot by wearing an all white PPE , but atleast u wont get covid.

---------------

bonus image

:hmm: new chinese aircraft carrier 'Sea Dragon' , with Xi Jingping at helm

really dont know the context , felt like this belonged here 🤓
PPE is not a breathable fabric, and on top of it they put BPJ and accessories cutting out whatever little airflow that happens within.

Angel of War

Country flag
Why did they pick him up? Anyone spoke on that?
he was hunting in the woods and was captured by a PLA patrol . Hunting is very common in arunachal and youth often go out into the woods to hunt for wild boars and deers. In the part of arunachal where i lived Jungle boar meat was a delicacy

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
he was hunting in the woods and was captured by a PLA patrol . Hunting is very common in arunachal and youth often go out into the woods to hunt for wild boars and deers. In the part of arunachal where i lived Jungle boar meat was a delicacy
So he was on the Indian side of the border and pla came and picked him up or he crossed the border and went into chinese territory?

Angel of War

Country flag
So he was on the Indian side of the border and pla came and picked him up or he crossed the border and went into chinese territory?
yeah , thats what PLA does . They come on our side and put banners thus claiming that territory in this way civillians often come in contact with PLA , most of the times they let those civillians leave but many times they abduct them . IA patrols often remove those banners put up by PLA and put their own signs challenging PLA claims

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Please quote some of those sites? That will helpful for us. The pictures should be as recent as possible so.
zoom.earth is one, I believe it has real time for zoomed out (wildfire etc) and some lag for zoomed in. Still okay for checking permanent deployment.

EG here are a couple paki ships in karachi shipyard:-
Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 12.33.39 PM.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles