India-China Border conflict

maximus777

Country flag
100% agree. Chinese are in solid mood. Pakistan, the puppets they are, will always be yes to whatever Chinese say. I think recently Chinese presence was reported near LOC.
It had to come to this sooner or later. The silver lining here is that 2.5 front is an existential threat to Bharat and not some fictional theory any more. At this pace of defense procurement and theater command re-org, we should be in decent shape in the next decade or so. If not for Feb 27th 2019 fiasco, there would be only talk and no firm plan to decommission Migs. So we need 2 more solid terms of nationalist govt, not some maha-thug-bandhan. 🤞

Covfefe

Country flag
In any case, inviting QUAD partners for a military exercise in Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh is a great idea. India should stop dilly- dallying this militarisation of alliances.If there are issues with accepting the US as a full blown military partner, GoI must engage with Japan and Australia militarily.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
In any case, inviting QUAD partners for a military exercise in Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh is a great idea. India should stop dilly- dallying this militarisation of alliances.If there are issues with accepting the US as a full blown military partner, GoI must engage with Japan and Australia militarily.
Activate one of the commonwealth partner again

sachincba

Country flag
Chinese have been in expansion mode with all its neighbours. It will have to take Taiwan and coerce India before its claim to superpower status can be accepted. US has not committed for military intervention if China attacks Taiwan. Given Biden's kowtowing to XI, it seems further unlikely.
Chinese will be at the weakest when it engages in retaking Taiwan. India must free Tibet at the same time when China invades Taiwan.
It will be dangerous for India if Chinese take Taiwan without any major cost. Credibility of US as superpower will be gone as soon as Taiwan falls. After taking Taiwan, China will turn full throttle to India, the only rival it has in true senses.

chetan_chpd

Desi Homelander
Country flag
But there a lot of fanboys who just plain whitewashes him .I respect him but some of his comments are just too out of context
YEAH MAN, my door door ke rishtedar from in laws side is retired high ranking officer (very high-some said he was in competition with gen.suhag many years ago)...he too dislikes Rawat

he says he is ruining things...since i am not close to him i just said ok

but again- HE WROTE AN ARTICLE/ WAS QUOTED BY "THE PRINT"

so i am not taking it too seriously...

sachincba

Country flag
YEAH MAN, my door door ke rishtedar from in laws side is retired high ranking officer (very high-some said he was in competition with gen.suhag many years ago)...he too dislikes Rawat

he says he is ruining things...since i am not close to him i just said ok

but again- HE WROTE AN ARTICLE/ WAS QUOTED BY "THE PRINT"

so i am not taking it too seriously...
You have haters for anyone who achieves anything. It is best to ignore them. There will be only one general and one CDS, most will lose out who won't like someone sitting at post he desired.

The Shrike

Country flag
2001 military standoff was a boon to Indian military planners. It showed us lethargy in our structure and mobilization speed.
From learnings of 2001 standoff, we created cold-start doctrine and converted infantry divisions into RAPID, and now Pakistan pisses like an abused dog whenever they hear cold-start (their plan to thwart our invasion is to nuke their own soil :clap2:).

So, from this stand-off, maybe we will see one more Mountain strike corps dedicated for China, or maybe we will see IBGs dedicated to high-altitude warfare comprising of mechanized infantry and light artillery.
Didn’t Cold Start get practically invalidated in 2019? Our leadership lost the stomach for further conflict with just fighter shot down (and pilot PoW). Of course Army was not involved in it but that a problem of its own (what was IAF and IN role in cold start).

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Author's name is Chat Lee toh chat raha hai. Nothing new
naa, wrong assumption. His name is Chat Lee which means already licked.

usne pahle se hi chat li hai. Quad kab se military alliance ban gya AUKUS ki tarah? war me china ki maarne ke liye hume kisi ki help nahi chaihye.

GOI should work upon economic front.

hum khud unhe apna military budget de dete hai.

Covfefe

Country flag
Quad kab se military alliance ban gya AUKUS ki tarah? war me china ki maarne ke liye hume kisi ki help nahi chaihye.
Should not have any holier than thou approach. Chinks won't mind tag teaming with the Pakis, during any military offensive (their regulars in camos or their regulars in salwar kameez). Military alliance se mana nahi karna chahiye. If "sovereignty" is such an Achilles heel then let there be ambiguity.
GOI should work upon economic front.

hum khud unhe apna military budget de dete hai.
That is only going to increase during the decade, and if the government and other governments keep working on it only then there is a possibility for decoupling. It has been decades of dependence on the Cheenis, not going to vanish in a matter of years.

Jimih

Country flag
Author's name isn't as interesting as the position he claims to hold
Either Chinese intelligence agencies are now fondling USA's woman parts like no one's business or this just coincidentally happens to be a gook who made it big and is pulling his hair out because India isn't bothered by CAATSA due to the S400 purchase which honestly makes a lot more sense.

US can't be that retarded to allow a Chinese guy to oversee Indo US naval cooperation.

Right guys?

Right?
Guys?
There are many white guys with surname Lee in the US.

Covfefe

Country flag
Author's name isn't as interesting as the position he claims to holdView attachment 116294

Either Chinese intelligence agencies are now fondling USA's woman parts like no one's business or this just coincidentally happens to be a gook who made it big and is pulling his hair out because India isn't bothered by CAATSA due to the S400 purchase which honestly makes a lot more sense.

US can't be that retarded to allow a Chinese guy to oversee Indo US naval cooperation.

Right guys?

Right?
Guys?
Or he's a part of the US "Deep state" that wants the China-US relation to remain positive- the ones who profit from it the most. It is no longer hidden that there are a lot of compromised elements within the US administration including the top office. And these "think tank"s are known sellouts- heck even Pakistan has one in the form of USIP.

Signalling that India is not upto the job and that China is an established hegemon in South Asia, they aim to put more bargaining chips in the favor of China- so much so that it keeps the American corporates' profits safe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles