India-China Border conflict

Arihant Roy

Country flag
This is pretty significant news. Both of our offensive Mountain strike corps (17th Corps and 1 Corps) are now moved to the border.

This is as close to war as it can get!

3 Divisions + 1 Independent Air Defence Brigade. Out of these, 2 are newly constructed and one is attached.

I will be withholding names, hope you understand.

Just to sprinkle some masala, 17 Corps also have two PARA SF brigades dedicated for mountain strike :cool1:
I don't quite follow you when you say 3 divisions +1 Independent Air defense brigade . Out of these , 2 are newly constructed and one is attached.Pls excuse me for saying this .

The MSC was supposed to have 2 new divs but only 1 was raised , 51 mountain at Panagarh. 72 mountain was supposed to have been raised in Pathankot but the plan was later shelved due to financial constraints.

Besides 51 div, the other two newly raised divisions in NE under Eastern command are the 56 and 71 mountain divisions. They were raised between 2009 and 2012.

5 Ball of Fire mountain division is one such div which is permanently forward stationed on and close to the LAC ahead of Tawang.

So, when you say two new divs among the 3 divs + 1 Independent ad brigade, did you mean the 17 corp's 51 div and another div out of those two newly raised divs.

And we don't have para SF brigades. I think you meant para SF battalions. 11 and 12 are attached to MSC .

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Is I Corps (SC) totally converted to MSC?
No, it is dual-use.

So, when you say two new divs among the 3 divs + 1 Independent ad brigade, did you mean the 17 corp's 51 div and another div out of those two newly raised divs.
Yes. Basically - 2 newly formed. 1 - Attached, total 3 Divs.

And we don't have para SF brigades. I think you meant para SF battalions. 11 and 12 are attached to MSC .
Ah yes, my mistake! It is battalions, not brigades.

mokoman

Country flag

My prediction.

👉 Preparations are in place for our offensive.

👉 it will take place once winter fully hits eastern ladakh , locking escalation to eastern sector (sikkim / AP)

👉 we will capture some area from chinese , use that to negotiate a buffer zone in depsang-hotsprings.

👉 Chinese are fully aware of this , thats y they are asking us to accept status quo

👉 there will be no hot-war , it will be done without firing a single bullet.

👉 people asking for pics will be completely satisfied within next 3 months.

This will also be peak time astro-logically for india
After Octorber Rahu will transit from Gemini to Taurus and will remain there till December . Rahu is considered as a shadow planet in Vedic astrology, but its effect is observed on every zodiac sign. Normally, it shows results according to the planet in which it is placed. However, if it’s placed alone, then it shows the result of Saturn. If Rahu is positive then it has capability to give raj yoga, financial gains, and foreign travel.

How-To-See-Jupiter-And-Saturns-Grand-Conjunction-785x437.jpg

DUDES, TRUST ME , ULL SEE WITHIN 3 MONTHS
Untitled1.png_stripped.png

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

My prediction.

👉 it will take place once winter fully hits eastern ladakh , locking escalation to eastern sector (sikkim / AP)

👉 we will capture some area from chinese , use that to negotiate a buffer zone in depsang-hotsprings.

👉 Chinese are fully aware of this , thats y they are asking us to accept status quo

After Octorber Rahu will transit from Gemini to Taurus and will remain there till December . Rahu is considered as a shadow planet in Vedic astrology, but its effect is observed on every zodiac sign. Normally, it shows results according to the planet in which it is placed. However, if it’s placed alone, then it shows the result of Saturn. If Rahu is positive then it has capability to give raj yoga, financial gains, and foreign travel.

View attachment 116227

Covfefe

Country flag

My prediction.

View attachment 116227

Bhai padhte padhte khada ho gaya
Ummeedon ka pahad

The Shrike

Country flag
I see no harm in this as it will improve physical conditioning and also expedite acclimatization to the altitude. God forbid, but if sh.t hits the fan, I see a Kargil type close quarters hand to hand or bayonet charge type brutal combat. These skills along with our usual desi street goondagiri will come handy.
In my armchair opinion our troops should instead spend that time training on skills and tactics that would be be useful in an actual conflict. Nullify or mitigate the strengths pf the PLA (as perceived) such as concealment and digging in (evade their satellite and aircraft/Drone based ISR, and precision rocket/missile/UAV strikes), fighting in degraded C4I environment due to PLA EW and cyber attacks etc. And exploiting their weaknesses like their extended supply lines (raiding deep behind enemy lines) etc. Soldiers training time is limited and capacity to absorb is not infinite - expecting every one of them to be Rambo, 007, Bruce Lee at the same time is straight out stupidity.
Also this goes back to the meme of the military (not specifically India's) tendency to train to fight the last war and not the next war. Also that the Government does not want to escalate at almost any cost, and hence letting the Chinese set the terms.

sachincba

Country flag

My prediction.

View attachment 116227

You won't place such large forces for small incursions. We captured black peak with how many soldiers? And we would do that as a surprise not build up force. Current deployment looks more like a proper war prepration.

Floydian

Country flag
100% serious fellas , if chinese don't give anything in next talks , this is where its all headed.

the side taking the next big step will be us , not the chinese

atleast i hope so

View attachment 116237
As of now, all it seems is that GOI is again waiting to REACT, as always! They are waiting for the CCP monkeys to make the first move and attack us, so that they can show to the world that it was them who attacked and we retaliated! Hope they won't do a considerable damage by then! 😢
Look at the CCP monkeys, they care a croc's a** about what the world thinks about them (although they later on change the perceptions into favourable ones, through their media manipulation programs).

Jimih

Country flag

My prediction.

View attachment 116227

Astrology factor was over the top, no disrespect though.

Abdus Salem killed

As of now, all it seems is that GOI is again waiting to REACT, as always! They are waiting for the CCP monkeys to make the first move and attack us, so that they can show to the world that it was them who attacked and we retaliated! Hope they won't do a considerable damage by then! 😢
Look at the CCP monkeys, they care a croc's a** about what the world thinks about them (although they later on change the perceptions into favourable ones, through their media manipulation programs).
Does anyone even remember the virus I see no media talking about it now anywhere all is forgotten the Chinese are very good at this

sachincba

Country flag
Of course we will always react, because we never have been aggressors. I think India has got a hint of Chinese plan of major aggression; all this is a response to that.

mokoman

Country flag
You won't place such large forces for small incursions. We captured black peak with how many soldiers? And we would do that as a surprise not build up force. Current deployment looks more like a proper war prepration.
IMHO , a large force standing by is needed to prevent escalation.

IF we do take some 'forward' action , having a large force deployed will prevent chinese from escalating things to a shooting match.

if the Chinese wont agree to withdraw in next talks , what other option is there 🤷‍♂️

They already decided they dont care about economic delinking or QUAD .

this buildup will end up like the 2001 india-pakistan stand off . waste of money and time.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
100% serious fellas , if chinese don't give anything in next talks , this is where its all headed.

the side taking the next big step will be us , not the chinese

atleast i hope so

View attachment 116237
In all seriousness, I think this is just GoI posturing. We have always played carrot-stick diplomacy, which is we always dangle the carrot if things go smoothly that way, the stick comes out (military) only as the last option when nothing works.

Notice all these press conferences and hula-hoop only started after failed chai-biskut session. This is just GoI messaging, in these words -

"Don't mistake our docile diplomacy for weakness, we are not afraid of using military power against the bully China"

Now it is upon China whether they want to take the gamble of calling out our bluff, or take us seriously and compromise.

Personally, I think China will call out the bluff, and they are in the mood for war and pretty well prepared. They are also preparing Pakistan to poke us in case they decide things need to be sorted militarily.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
IMHO , a large force standing by is needed to prevent escalation.

IF we do take some 'forward' action , having a large force deployed will prevent chinese from escalating things to a shooting match.

if the Chinese wont agree to withdraw in next talks , what other option is there 🤷‍♂️

They already decided they dont care about economic delinking or QUAD .

this buildup will end up like the 2001 india-pakistan stand off . waste of money and time.
2001 military standoff was a boon to Indian military planners. It showed us lethargy in our structure and mobilization speed.
From learnings of 2001 standoff, we created cold-start doctrine and converted infantry divisions into RAPID, and now Pakistan pisses like an abused dog whenever they hear cold-start (their plan to thwart our invasion is to nuke their own soil :clap2:).

So, from this stand-off, maybe we will see one more Mountain strike corps dedicated for China, or maybe we will see IBGs dedicated to high-altitude warfare comprising of mechanized infantry and light artillery.

sachincba

Country flag
In all seriousness, I think this is just GoI posturing. We have always played carrot-stick diplomacy, which is we always dangle the carrot if things go smoothly that way, the stick comes out (military) only as the last option when nothing works.

Notice all these press conferences and hula-hoop only started after failed chai-biskut session. This is just GoI messaging, in these words -

"Don't mistake our docile diplomacy for weakness, we are not afraid of using military power against the bully China"

Now it is upon China whether they want to take the gamble of calling out our bluff, or take us seriously and compromise.

Personally, I think China will call out the bluff, and they are in the mood for war and pretty well prepared. They are also preparing Pakistan to poke us in case they decide things need to be sorted militarily.
100% agree. Chinese are in solid mood. Pakistan, the puppets they are, will always be yes to whatever Chinese say. I think recently Chinese presence was reported near LOC.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles