India-China Border conflict

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
IA and ITBP need to have a relook at their gear in forward areas again?

===========
Chinese PLA continues to carry a variety of unconventional weapons such as tasers, sticks, clubs with metal spikes along with rifles during patrols along LAC. PLA troops also bring mace-like weapons attached with a sharp blade. India also procuring body armours & similar weapons

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

===========
Chinese PLA continues to carry a variety of unconventional weapons such as tasers, sticks, clubs with metal spikes along with rifles during patrols along LAC. PLA troops also bring mace-like weapons attached with a sharp blade. India also procuring body armours & similar weapons

So, still there aren't clear orders from top to the men on ground to fire shots if it goes to such a level?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So, still there aren't clear orders from top to the men on ground to fire shots if it goes to such a level?
“The commanders at LAC (line of actual control) can now give troops complete freedom of action to handle situations at the tactical level," the person said, on condition of anonymity.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

===========

This is just useless madness.

We should just set a personal melee weapon standard of whatever soldiers are comfortable with, replacing it with tactical knives.

For example,

Sikhs/Jats can carry such scimitar if they wish -

Gorkha troops can carry their beloved Khukhri

Assam/Naga people can carry the trusty Dao

Rajputs can carry Wagh Nakhs , and/or a sword
1635256921090.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was not uncommon in the military to carry personal melee weapons in WW2. Japanese soldiers used to carry a Katana and British/Australian officers sometimes carried Cutlass with them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

We should just set a personal melee weapon standard of whatever soldiers are comfortable with, replacing it with tactical knives.

For example,

View attachment 116211

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was not uncommon in the military to carry personal melee weapons in WW2. Japanese soldiers used to carry a Katana and British/Australian officers sometimes carried Cutlass with them.
and south fellas can carry aruval

1635257259191.png

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

For example,

View attachment 116211

Only Officers and non coms in among Japs were armed with Katana I believe
But yes
It'll also be a tremendous morale booster to have the weapons of each communities, with which, their own ancestors fought against Mlechha

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Only Officers and non coms in among Japs were armed with Katana I believe
But yes
It'll also be a tremendous morale booster to have the weapons of each communities, with which, their own ancestors fought against Mlechha
Yes, however, we can issue or let each soldier buy their personal melee weapons given the extraordinary circumstances of our border.

@Hariharan_kalarikkal considering you are from Kerala (I think, correct me if I am wrong) and have more knowledge about South India than me, can you make a list of medieval weapons used by South Indian dynasties and empires?

Anyone else with more knowledge of India's medieval weapons can make a list.

maximus777

Country flag

===========

Just carry the firearm and hose them with or without approval if attacked. That's basic self defense. Everything else can be dealt with later.

The Shrike

Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
This is pretty significant news. Both of our offensive Mountain strike corps (17th Corps and 1 Corps) are now moved to the border.

This is as close to war as it can get!

Does MSC still have just the one division? The article mentions "one attached from the east" without specifics.
3 Divisions + 1 Independent Air Defence Brigade. Out of these, 2 are newly constructed and one is attached.

I will be withholding names, hope you understand.

Just to sprinkle some masala, 17 Corps also have two PARA SF brigades dedicated for mountain strike :cool1:

The Shrike

Country flag
Don't know about the veracity of the news, but this is utter stupidity IMO. If the PLA gets overmatched in hand weapons (can't really call them non lethal weapons at this point), they will simply change up the game (including using firearms).

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒍𝒇𝑷𝒂𝒄𝒌
@TheWolfpackIN

Report: Indian Army is training its troops at high altitudes in unarmed combat techniques and drills every day for three hours under ‘PLAN 190’ programme.

sachincba

Country flag
This is pretty significant news. Both of our offensive Mountain strike corps (17th Corps and 1 Corps) are now moved to the border.

3 Divisions + 1 Independent Air Defence Brigade. Out of these, 2 are newly constructed and one is attached.

Just to sprinkle some masala, 17 Corps also have two PARA SF brigades dedicated for mountain strike :cool1:
Is think it is wise to be ready for offensive in an area of your choice rather than anticipating an offensive anywhere and reacting to that. Seems a good military startegy.
Finally some good news.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

PARA SF brigades or PARA brigades?

maximus777

Country flag
Don't know about the veracity of the news, but this is utter stupidity IMO. If the PLA gets overmatched in hand weapons (can't really call them non lethal weapons at this point), they will simply change up the game (including using firearms).

I see no harm in this as it will improve physical conditioning and also expedite acclimatization to the altitude. God forbid, but if sh.t hits the fan, I see a Kargil type close quarters hand to hand or bayonet charge type brutal combat. These skills along with our usual desi street goondagiri will come handy.

sachincba

Country flag

Ye ham kya karna chahte hain. Soldiers should shoot to kill, ye kya sarak ki larai hai.

maximus777

Country flag
PARA SF brigades or PARA brigades?
They will be absolute Rambos in wooded Arunachal. Ladakh maybe better suited for traditional pahaadi troops like Gurkhas and Kumoanis. But I am just an arm chair expert, so what do I know about the capabilities of Para SF!:india:

Jimih

Country flag

Exactly, how Swords, Aruval, Urumi, Dao, Kirpan, Khukri, etc, that is sharp-bladed weapons falls under non-lethal weapons category?

I think GoI should also order horses, camels and elephants to go along with these weapons, it will match completely with the type of weapons and the next step should be also to provide them with matching costumes.

No countries in the world with volatile borders have this policy like India and China.

If borders were not settled than LAC should have been exactly equated as LOC from the start, totally no difference.

India totally fell into the trap of Chinese induced Cold Weapons jumla. If firearms were used from the start, believe me, we would be not in the position of what we are today.

Indrajit

Country flag
Bipin Rawat is a senile budhdha, large chunk of ex-servicemen totally dislike him - including my dad!
I assume from your post that your dad is an ex serviceman, respect that but you are way out of line in your language speaking about someone who’s achieved more than you or I and who has had actual skin in the game. Gen. Rawat has earned the right to speak though most here probably know that all such comments in public follow MoD instructions. Your comment is in bad taste.

maximus777

Country flag
Exactly, how Swords, Aruval, Urumi, Dao, Kirpan, Khukri, etc, that is sharp-bladed weapons falls under non-lethal weapons category?

I think GoI should also order horses, camels and elephants to go along with these weapons, it will match completely with the type of weapons and the next step should be also to provide them with matching costumes.

No countries in the world with volatile borders have this policy like India and China.

If borders were not settled than LAC should have been exactly equated as LOC from the start, totally no difference.

India totally fell into the trap of Chinese induced Cold Weapons jumla. If firearms were used from the start, believe me, we would be not in the position of what we are today.
Yes, the complete 18th century battle outfit

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles