India-China Border conflict

srevster

Country flag
I’m looking at old war records. During World War two, Churchill and Britain were on the brink of defeat. The unwavering public support, the tedious diplomacy and fundamental belief of the leader to take all abuse and ridicule while focusing on building the nation’s capabilities has a lot of similarities with Modi

The Shrike

Country flag

scatterStorm

Country flag
Civilians as 'first line of defense'

There passing of a border law could be as similar to us passing article 370. You don't pass laws on a whim. Its a signal, a posture to let our leadership know that they aren't going anywhere and that they are adamant of there long term vision of "consolidating all borders by 2021-22", what you have just witnessed people is them executing it. With this, they are challenging our perception. Remember folks,

1. You don't build villages so remotely in a disputed territory unless you have a "historical or cultural" agenda to lay your claim on.
2. Putting military population in the guise of civil and quickly moving in trade to be later filled with actual civil population is "pre-conditioning".
3. Having then a civil population to come in, negates any military intervention on global stage.

I think IA and our leadership has realized it already. The chai biscuit session are all ways to buy time.

Mikel

Country flag

Read the article. Frustration of Chinese military official is clearly visible. He speaks the language which is not used by any mature nation in International relations. India's cold blooded formidable response seems to have frustrated China. Neither Modi nor any of our top ranked diplomat or general is responding to the rattled china. They are busy in placing our assets at proper location.
That's just how the Chinese talk though. Always jingoistically barking at someone.

Jimih

Country flag
There passing of a border law could be as similar to us passing article 370. You don't pass laws on a whim. Its a signal, a posture to let our leadership know that they aren't going anywhere and that they are adamant of there long term vision of "consolidating all borders by 2021-22", what you have just witnessed people is them executing it. With this, they are challenging our perception. Remember folks,

1. You don't build villages so remotely in a disputed territory unless you have a "historical or cultural" agenda to lay your claim on.
2. Putting military population in the guise of civil and quickly moving in trade to be later filled with actual civil population is "pre-conditioning".
3. Having then a civil population to come in, negates any military intervention on global stage.

I think IA and our leadership has realized it already. The chai biscuit session are all ways to buy time.
Well said, totally agreed.

scatterStorm

Country flag
A few observations of mine:

1. US has realized that they are not just facing an economic war, but war on there cultural and philosophical ideologies, i.e. Classic democracy model Vs Pseudo Communist model.
2. Biden is a weak president. Trump had more spine, I mean he was insane but he definitely knew how to execute orders.
3. There's definitely a power struggle going on in Xi's paradise.
4. AUCUS is the new "White Privilege", save my ass daddy model.
5. Bhutan & Nepal Salami Slicing is underway again.

The Shrike

Country flag
I’m looking at old war records. During World War two, Churchill and Britain were on the brink of defeat. The unwavering public support, the tedious diplomacy and fundamental belief of the leader to take all abuse and ridicule while focusing on building the nation’s capabilities has a lot of similarities with Modi
Well before Churchill, there was Neville Chamberlain who followed the policy of appeasement, months of "phoney war", was roundly criticised for his conduct before and at the start of the war, and finally resigned to make way for Churchill as the Germans were sweeping through the low countries and France (by which time the die was cast for the outcome of the next couple of years).
I for one think our security issues are only starting and we will see much greater challenges in the coming months and years. We don't have have the hindsight of history to say how things will turn out, only time will tell. But one thing that os similar to WW2 Britain is that this country's people are ready to fight and sacrifice when called to do so and have always done so (even during dire times of 1962). Of course it is up to the leadership of this country to first tell the people that they are in (or at least close to) a state of war.

srevster

Country flag
Well before Churchill, there was Neville Chamberlain who followed the policy of appeasement, months of "phoney war", was roundly criticised for his conduct before and at the start of the war, and finally resigned to make way for Churchill as the Germans were sweeping through the low countries and France (by which time the die was cast for the outcome of the next couple of years).
I for one think our security issues are only starting and we will see much greater challenges in the coming months and years. We don't have have the hindsight of history to say how things will turn out, only time will tell. But one thing that os similar to WW2 Britain is that this country's people are ready to fight and sacrifice when called to do so and have always done so (even during dire times of 1962). Of course it is up to the leadership of this country to first tell the people that they are in (or at least close to) a state of war.
in the context of Chamberlain, I think that’s the Nehru family

Waanar

Country flag
Roads are like that for strategic purpose. no need to give pave road to enemy to roll over in case of hostilities.
That's a very poor assessment.

Roads are necessary. Any enemy push through them can easily be slowed down by mining and IEDs.

Iirc, there was some congress neta who said the same thing and was ridiculed for it.

Jimih

Country flag
No need to give pave road all the way to border, no country does that. It's a bad strategy if you don't have the number or superiority on ground & air in case of hostilities.
In that case China by constructing roads along LAC, are they expecting India to roll over in case of hostilities?

Which countries don't do that according to you? And talking about strategies China is doing it.

It seems that your suggestion wasnt acknowledged by them.

Mantospace

Country flag
A few observations of mine:

1. US has realized that they are not just facing an economic war, but war on there cultural and philosophical ideologies, i.e. Classic democracy model Vs Pseudo Communist model.
2. Biden is a weak president. Trump had more spine, I mean he was insane but he definitely knew how to execute orders.
3. There's definitely a power struggle going on in Xi's paradise.
4. AUCUS is the new "White Privilege", save my ass daddy model.
5. Bhutan & Nepal Salami Slicing is underway again.
US not going to help India in anyway. I think now india required next generation leaders. World dont admire gandhian words.

Blank

Country flag

Blank

Country flag

not so dravidian

Country flag
Tasers, Pepper Spray: Chinese PLA Soldiers Patrol Disputed LAC Areas with Unconventional Weapons.

Ladki hai Ka reh. Pepper spray ghoom kai firta hai
Bloody! Call in the trishul and electric gloves from UP!!

And shove this up the ass of Pedobear, 2BHK and chuti"ya journos for trolling

Should encourage such guys given the need has increased

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles