India-China Border conflict

Alien_cat26

Country flag
but would cheenes allow jags to cross the LAC and bomb them?
But long range artillery can bomb even behind being 30-40 kms behind LAC
Has anyone estimated the firepower intensity of the two sides deployed on the border? "Within 100 km"
It's mainly a comparison of ground firepower, but unfortunately there is a lack of equipment information on both sides.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Why so much protection at tawang side. What about sikkim, ladakh , hp, uk, etc ?
Apparently our policy makers think if çhina attacks India they will from the tawang sector. So tawang is the priced objective. It was a shame that in 62 we vacated tawang without a fight but things are different. We don't have any sam battery in arunachal. Lot of gaps

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Apparently our policy makers think if çhina attacks India they will from the tawang sector. So tawang is the priced objective. It was a shame that in 62 we vacated tawang without a fight but things are different. We don't have any sam battery in arunachal. Lot of gaps
You sure we don't have a SAM battery in Arunachal?

I have read and agree with your concerns regarding the lack of our presence and infrastructure in remote valleys of Arunachal such as the Dibang and Subanshiri valleys.

I think we ought to fight with what we have. Road connectivity to these remote valleys is in progress but is estimated to take 2-3 years more to connect all of them. So those are our weaknesses, and we need to cover them with reciprocal strikes in other areas (such as H.P and Sikkim, where we have at par or better infrastructure than Chinese side).

Thundering13th

Country flag
You sure we don't have a SAM battery in Arunachal?

I have read and agree with your concerns regarding the lack of our presence and infrastructure in remote valleys of Arunachal such as the Dibang and Subanshiri valleys.

I think we ought to fight with what we have. Road connectivity to these remote valleys is in progress but is estimated to take 2-3 years more to connect all of them. So those are our weaknesses, and we need to cover them with reciprocal strikes in other areas (such as H.P and Sikkim, where we have at par or better infrastructure than Chinese side).
No permanent sam base in arunachal. And quite sure about this until proven wrong. Ad hoc deployments are there but you know what it means. What we lack is initiative. If we have initiative we can achieve a lot withstanding all the infra disadvantage we have. And the reason why I highlight this is because we need to have things in place as per our objectives. But what we are doing is reacting to Chinese initiatives. We construct roads when chinks knock. ICBR projects are one of the slowest in the country unfortunately. These are roads that should have been developed in the 80s so we are lagging by quite a margin. Also one of the reason why we get overwhelmed by Chinese patrols most of the times.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
No permanent sam base in arunachal. And quite sure about this until proven wrong. Ad hoc deployments are there but you know what it means. What we lack is initiative. If we have initiative we can achieve a lot withstanding all the infra disadvantage we have. And the reason why I highlight this is because we need to have things in place as per our objectives. But what we are doing is reacting to Chinese initiatives. We construct roads when chinks knock. ICBR projects are one of the slowest in the country unfortunately. These are roads that should have been developed in the 80s so we are lagging by quite a margin. Also one of the reason why we get overwhelmed by Chinese patrols most of the times.
Permanent deployment of short-range SAMs only in Arunachal. But that is because permanent deployment only happens if there is a critical infrastructure (like an airbase or army HQ).

I have seen the unfortunate situation of NE (used to formerly live there), and appalling neglect towards basic infrastructure thanks to the ruling govt. only caring for northern and north-western states where the majority of the Indian population resides.

Only in the last 10 years, I have seen some break-neck pace of development, as the govt. woke up from slumber and realized its mistake.
For China, it has been easier because the Yangtse river valley & Nyngchi, north of Arunachal Pradesh has been a hotspot of the population since ancient times, hence their infrastructure and footfall are naturally higher, whereas remote Arunachal valleys have extremely tiny population density.

Similarly opposite is the case for H.P, Sikkim and Uttrakhand for us where we have more population density and naturally better connectivity than China in some sectors. These remote Tibetian areas have nothing but nomads on the Chinese side hence they too did not care for much infrastructure on their side.

Good thing is, within the next 5 years we will be in a hopeful situation to counter and push back Chinese encroachment at every place at LAC.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Permanent deployment of short-range SAMs only in Arunachal. But that is because permanent deployment only happens if there is a critical infrastructure (like an airbase or army HQ).

I have seen the unfortunate situation of NE (used to formerly live there), and appalling neglect towards basic infrastructure thanks to the ruling govt. only caring for northern and north-western states where the majority of the Indian population resides.

Only in the last 10 years, I have seen some break-neck pace of development, as the govt. woke up from slumber and realized its mistake.
For China, it has been easier because the Yangtse river valley & Nyngchi, north of Arunachal Pradesh has been a hotspot of the population since ancient times, hence their infrastructure and footfall are naturally higher, whereas remote Arunachal valleys have extremely tiny population density.

Similarly opposite is the case for H.P, Sikkim and Uttrakhand for us where we have more population density and naturally better connectivity than China in some sectors. These remote Tibetian areas have nothing but nomads on the Chinese side hence they too did not care for much infrastructure on their side.

Good thing is, within the next 5 years we will be in a hopeful situation to counter and push back Chinese encroachment at every place at LAC.
With the kind of work going on now next 5 years are looking pretty good for us. Coming to the population scenario, the kind of infra we need to support a village or a dist hq is non existent here. There is a migration going on from the far flunged areas to the towns.but the kind of nationalism you see here is unparalleled. There is a trek to athu popu in fish tail 1 general area. Its a religious trek for the local idu population. I had the previllage to trek the route. The conditions that our itbp jawans live in is abysmal. We.should change that. I was born in dapo.dist hq of upper subansiri district in 89. Nothing much has changed here. There are villages with no roads no electricity no mobile connectivity . Neglect of the highest order. Look at ladakh now. Almost no population compared to Arunachal but the ground situation is very different. Countering China in arunachal is much easier provided we have the guts to initiate. Sikkim is an advantage we have over China. The entire region we are dominating them.

doreamon

Country flag
Any explosion in china & pokistan is a gas explosion :facepalm:
There was another big blast in Tianjin in 2015 . It is said it was done by rivals of xi to send him a message ..

Xi now not leaving china .. whn xi was in india last time PLA was doing such provocation on LAC . Also those digital companies are said to be ally of jiang faction

While we are all discussing china's grand plan .. arguing with wumaos etc wht ev happening in china and LAC cld be result of intra party politics of CCP . Unlike Indian Army PLA is army of CCP nt china and it has CCP party members in its cader . More i learn abt china more i get to knw abt their dirty politics . Its worse than our congress bjp .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles