India-China Border conflict

scatterStorm

Country flag
They were building roads to that place. Shouldn't be hard to place truck-mounted 155/52 guns there after that. Point is, Garuda is a system not part of original Army plans and requires that the Army logistics cater for 105mm shell just for this gun. Otherwise the Army with its FARP has been planning to retire ALL 105mm guns.
What about places that do not have roads yet?

👉 A 4x4 platform is ideal for such cases.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
What about places that do not have roads yet?

👉 A 4x4 platform is ideal for such cases.
If there is such a place, then yeah. But I still think the only places without roads should be places that are within mortar range from LoC/LAC. There should be an effort to ensure that all other places are well connected with roads. If that happens, then its better to have 4X4 mounted heavy automatic mortar for the remaining no-road areas. Mortars could be really devastating for the Chinese Infantry.

scatterStorm

Country flag
They were building roads to that place. Shouldn't be hard to place truck-mounted 155/52 guns there after that. Point is, Garuda is a system not part of original Army plans and requires that the Army logistics cater for 105mm shell just for this gun. Otherwise the Army with its FARP has been planning to retire ALL 105mm guns.
For economic perspective, you have a point. Army logistics will have to cater for 105mm shell just for such systems.

What about private players?
👉Post OFB dissolve, private players can pitch in to help that.

mokoman

Country flag
this is across LAC on chinese side.

:| these people dont know where LAC is , they are talking about their traditional land.

same reason y newspaper people keep claiming about PLA crossing there , here. They are quoting Ladakhi people who are unaware about LAC.
they also dont know where blacktop is either :lawl::lawl:

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

:| these people dont know where LAC is , they are talking about their traditional land.

same reason y newspaper people keep claiming about PLA crossing there , here. They are quoting Ladakhi people who are unaware about LAC.
How far from the LAC?

scatterStorm

Country flag

Man this is lame 🤦‍♂️, next time the PLA would ask for this land just because there YAK pissed on our grasslands.

Jimih

Country flag

pankaj nema

Country flag

We should shoot their Horses and Yaks

Next Time when they come on Horses
Just shoot the Horses , They will have to go back on Foot and make a Video 🤣

mokoman

Country flag
We should shoot their Horses and Yaks

Next Time when they come on Horses
Just shoot the Horses , They will have to go back on Foot and make a Video 🤣
Man this is lame 🤦‍♂️, next time the PLA would ask for this land just because there YAK pissed on our grasslands.
:confused: i meant other side of LAC , on chinese land. not indian.

person who posted this is a counsellor from chushul .i am guessing he is doin this on purpose.

as @Abdus Salem killed always says "he is liar , don't post here"

But the 2nd tweet claims grazing ground was lost over there a few years ago
photo is from east of kui la pass.

IMHO 2nd tweet is right , chinese do sent in civilians to grab territory , but thats not the case here. that person is talking about Chumur.

Abdus Salem killed

:confused: i meant other side of LAC , on chinese land. not indian.

person who posted this is a counsellor from chushul .i am guessing he is doin this on purpose.

as @Abdus Salem killed always says "he is liar , don't post here"

photo is from east of kui la pass.

IMHO 2nd tweet is right , chinese do sent in civilians to grab territory , but thats not the case here. that person is talking about Chumur.
Kochin satzaki

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Very interesting conversation,

Determine the RCS of a fighter "only can be measured in labs or with multiple data feeds"

Or based on a picture or "I heard" or "I guess."
I have heard a lot of Chinese lack basic common sense, are too literal and nerdy due to mugging up a huge amount of textbook education.

I mentioned in my previous post, and I quote myself again - "If these figures are even ballpark correct".

A jet having a 90° RCS of 5m2 will be picked up at 200km by a modern radar. There were also reports of J-20 being detected by Su-30MKI using its BARS radar across the border.
At last, all these are hypothetical and based on observations from different sources.

i think Chinese , US and us as well have ground labs where we can measure the RCS . they lift the 1:1 model using a crane and measure RCS for various angles.

if u have a already flying jet , u can measure RCS by just flying it into RADAR space .🤷‍♂️

i remember US airforce claiming the J-20 having similar RCS as F-117 , so its not bad.

Tejas being stealthier than J-20 sounds like wishfull thinking. why did chinese bother making J-20 then ??.
Your point is valid, my observation was solely based on the chart of Taiwanese AF.

The second point, J-20 is nearly 2-times the size of Tejas, and hence its surface area increases by its square, hence 4 times. So if Tejas sports an RCS of 1m2, it is not improbable to say J-20 will sport 4m2 from certain angles, like rearside.

As long as GOI doesnt release anything , i agree with him.

100% delusions :scared2::scared2::scared2:
A lot of people connected with the army will tell you they have seen reports and pictures of PLA PoWs. But I understand, a picture is worth thousand words and so I cannot help you.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Interesting

frankly speaking i believe no country other than USA have near-to-exact figure of RCS..

USA has a modified Boeing plane with a long nose housing advanced radars, which is used in real time and on the spot RCS coverage.

I'll try to get the image/article
Helina, Nag sab kaha hai bhai !!!!

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
Good observation, I have a use-case scenario over here.

👉 Classic Kargil style bunker with PLA troops hunkered with there LMGs
👉 Or there company of troops massed up and ready to make an assaults on our bunkers

Proximity: Close say 1 to 3 miles (although a 105 shell can reach up to 15Km)

In such scenario, a 105 is good at suppressing targets as such. A company of troops providing requiring immediate support, a 4x4 ready say 10Km away. Meanwhile, a towed system has to be dug in, be a sitting duck to weapon locating radars of PLA.

A M-ULH is big piece of equipment, plus countering bunker buildup say a few, we are not optimally using it anyway. A shoulder mounted manpad, sure ... but what about a company of troops ready to make an assaults on us.

The Recon Scoot and Shoot capability combined with IBGs is something to think off.

Indian Army can buy it bcoz Kalyani can provide them with Phoren Maal and Gaal

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles