India-China Border conflict

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Taiwanese calculation of J-20 radar signature at its different angles.

Frontal RCS :- 0.05 m2
Side RCS :- 5 m2
Rearside RCS :- 20 m2

If these calculations are even ballpark correct, then J20 is hardly a 5th gen-jet, more like a low-observable 4.5 Gen. jet in the same category of Rafale & Typhoon.

Btw, people working with IAF will tell you Tejas & Rafale has lesser RCS than that :cool3:

THESIS THORON

Country flag

Taiwanese calculation of J-20 radar signature at its different angles.

Frontal RCS :- 0.05 m2
Side RCS :- 5 m2
Rearside RCS :- 20 m2

If these calculations are even ballpark correct, then J20 is hardly a 5th gen-jet, more like a low-observable 4.5 Gen. jet in the same category of Rafale & Typhoon.

Btw, people working with IAF will tell you Tejas & Rafale has lesser RCS than that :cool3:
so acc to you what is rcs of tejas and rafale ??

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
so acc to you what is rcs of tejas and rafale ??
Even the frontal one??🙀
Can't give you an exact numerical figure (I don't know it, only can be measured in labs or with multiple data feeds).

What I can tell you, is how Tejas is perceived by other jets and ground-based radars, according to pilots and ground-radar crews, and they say it is nearly never picked up by radar and they rely on radio comm. and other navigation systems to track it (e.g., TACAN).

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Can't give you an exact numerical figure (I don't know it, only can be measured in labs or with multiple data feeds).

What I can tell you, is how Tejas is perceived by other jets and ground-based radars, according to pilots and ground-radar crews, and they say it is nearly never picked up by radar and they rely on radio comm. and other navigation systems to track it (e.g., TACAN).
atlast we have transitoned from MR. INDIA to MR. TEJAS (serial number) :troll::troll:

sachincba

Country flag
Agreed, any large-scale war between Indo-China will inevitably invite global players into the game and may end with nuclear exchanges which creates a MAD situation.

We can expect the Pakistan-China nexus to gang up to a 2-front scenario to India, which in retaliation NATO + QUAD will blockade China and Pakistan, which in turn will rope in these countries into a Naval battle with PLAN.

Even in the best-case scenario, we will see complete destruction of Pakistan (economically and militarily exhausted), India partially destroyed (mainly economy and border regions), as well as a partial destruction of China (Economy destroyed, border and coastal cities razed).

All in all, the winners will be NATO + Russia, which had now successfully sent two emerging economies back to the stone ages.
I think any economic setback due to war is shortlived and economy bounces back like Germany after first world war-- after a few difficult years it became the biggest power. There is no reason to fear war, for long term benefits of war are great. Russia even after paying such devastating costs in WW2 became a formidable power.
Call me a warmonger. But going to a big war gives a major jump in technological capabilities, strategies, and a rallying point for nation. You will never be a great country if you don't fight great wars. Whatever respect India has, mostly it is because of 71 war, and not because Indians have yoga and knowledge of vedanta.

Thundering13th

Country flag
I think any economic setback due to war is shortlived and economy bounces back like Germany after first world war-- after a few difficult years it became the biggest power. There is no reason to fear war, for long term benefits of war are great. Russia even after paying such devastating costs in WW2 became a formidable power.
Call me a warmonger. But going to a big war gives a major jump in technological capabilities, strategies, and a rallying point for nation. You will never be a great country if you don't fight great wars. Whatever respect India has, mostly it is because of 71 war, and not because Indians have yoga and knowledge of vedanta.
Going by what is happening in terms of infra development in ladakh after / since the standoff began is perhaps a good thing we woke up after the alarm bell rang. I posted something about India releasing pictures. @mokoman I agree with your post in the other thread wrt GoI releasing pics in response.. But when has India really done tit for tat reaction when it comes to countering chink propaganda? So expecting a shift in the existing policy is a bit far flung. India is very watchful when it comes to china. It wants to be the reactor in this case is what I feel..instead of an initiator. I wish we initiate some day .. the kind of advantage we can gain specially in eastern sector if we move first is enormous. But we have to be prepared for a heavy counter attack thats for sure. I guess a short clash is the need of the hour if we want to go to the next level. Best scenario would be to push to restore the MacM line in arunachal... infiltrate the areas lost by Salslicing.. take the ridges and defend them. But its a far fetched dream. Hope we do it someday.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
View attachment 115780
Why do we always have these sewer rat kanglus meddling in every India related affair?
Those kanglus are need of another lesson.
It seems , finally we have east pakistan again at the eastern border .
I am not exegerrating when I think that when shaikh hasina goes out of power , the jamat will come and they will ask for nuke tech from Pakistanis .

maximus777

Country flag
Those kanglus are need of another lesson.
It seems , finally we have east pakistan again at the eastern border .
I am not exegerrating when I think that when shaikh hasina goes out of power , the jamat will come and they will ask for nuke tech from Pakistanis .
This will happen sooner than later and the successive govts of India have decided to take the "ostrich" approach to address the problem. You can spin it in as many ways as you want, but at the end of the day its a civilizational battle and there will only be one left standing - dharma or the "book" cults. At the moment the odds are stacked against dharma. :dude:

ym888

Very interesting conversation,

Determine the RCS of a fighter "only can be measured in labs or with multiple data feeds"

Or based on a picture or "I heard" or "I guess."

not so dravidian

Country flag

Interesting

frankly speaking i believe no country other than USA have near-to-exact figure of RCS..

USA has a modified Boeing plane with a long nose housing advanced radars, which is used in real time and on the spot RCS coverage.

I'll try to get the image/article

Global Defence

New threads

Articles