India-China Border conflict

Country flag
Not the only unfortunate case. Steve Jobs did the same and it turned out terribly. He had pancreatic cancer which is almost usually fatal but his was a rare type which could have been cured. He preferred alternate medicine and pretty much killed himself.
Pancreatic cancer is usually a very aggressive cancer where most patients die within a few months.
Chances of survival are very slim no matter what treatment is given. Steve Jobs survived a long time
compared to others with that condition.

Indrajit

Country flag
Pancreatic cancer is usually a very aggressive cancer where most patients die within a few months.
Chances of survival are very slim no matter what treatment is given. Steve Jobs survived a long time
As I said in my post, while that is true usually, he had a rare form which could have been treated. While we will never know whether the outcome would have been different, the belief was that he did himself no service going for alternate treatments.

Jobs’ cancer had been discovered by chance during a CT scan in 2003 to look for kidney stones, during which doctors saw a "shadow” on his pancreas. Isaacson told CBS’ 60 Minutes last night that while the news was not good, the upside was that the form of pancreatic cancer from which Jobs suffered (a neuroendocrine islet tumor) was one of the 5% or so that are slow growing and most likely to be cured.

But Jobs refused surgery after diagnosis and for nine months after, favoring instead dietary treatments and other alternative methods.
Isaacson says that when he asked Jobs why he had resisted it, Jobs said “I didn't want my body to be opened...I didn't want to be violated in that way.” His early resistance to surgery was apparently incomprehensible to his wife and close friends, who continually urged him to do it.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
some of the top Indian university are not ranked very high on a world level. Corruption has
created a system where only rich kids are getting an education, not talent based.
Nope it has to do with worthless reservation system which works for these elite quota folks whose families have been sucking upto quota since the beginning and not letting the real downtrodden who work in fields.Secondly private medical education is very costly and china,russia,ukraine,philipiens offers cheap medical degrees with low quality teaching .

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Steve jobs tried autophagy it only works with folks with certain immunnity and dna mix.

Country flag
Nope it has to do with worthless reservation system which works for these elite quota folks whose families have been sucking upto quota since the beginning and not letting the real downtrodden who work in fields.Secondly private medical education is very costly and china,russia,ukraine,philipiens offers cheap medical degrees with low quality teaching .
I always wonder why India a country which has million of engineers has little to no innovation or
research in many fields? This kind of explains it.

Blademaster

Wrong, these are not the meritorious types. Most students with decent ranking will get either a government seat or a partially subsidized one. These are people with no real chance here except to pay ridiculous amounts at a private college. 90% of them fail the qualifying exam here, no evidence of any quality there.
BS. I got several relatives coming here to US from India and paying a fortune because even though they got very good marks, they couldn't get into top schools in India due to reservation system and the alternatives were worse in India. It was better for them to go abroad.

Your argument fails for several reasons. The students going abroad would not do well if they weren't meritorious type.

Due to reservation system, half of the people accepted cannot afford education but the Supreme Court in their utopian wisdom demands that the colleges and universities provide high level quality of education free of charges to those who cannot afford them and the rest who can afford them can pay. What is the result? Colleges and universities not having sufficient funds to hire and retain quality professors and maintain quality research and this leads to a vicious cycle. As a result, their rankings become lower over time.

Vinash

Country flag
I always wonder why India a country which has million of engineers has little to no innovation or
A huge % of succesful high IQ UC Hindu's who can get out of this social justice hellhole will get out.

In my grandparents village of 80 houses, almost half of them have a family member that's settled in US/Aus/Canada/UK.

Why should he/she sacrifice his/her kids future for caste oppression that he didn't do?

By law of nature, India doesn't deserve to succeed as Indian system artificially elevates low quality graduates via reservations. It's a double whammy as this pisses off meritorious graduates who see the unfairness and try to get out of the country.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Because most of these rich brats just need degree to go to foreign countries and invest their parents black money over there.Many girls too dont even attend class because they are doing it for marriage.Only serious folks hustle.

Vinash

Country flag
Wrong, these are not the meritorious types. Most students with decent ranking will get either a government seat or a partially subsidized one. These are people with no real chance here except to pay ridiculous amounts at a private college. 90% of them fail the qualifying exam here, no evidence of any quality there.
What is your definition of "meritorious"?

Top 1% or Top 10%?

You are right if it's about top 1% but you are wrong if it's about top 10%.

The people who go overseas, a significant % of them would be top 10% in India.

Indrajit

Country flag
BS. I got several relatives coming here to US from India and paying a fortune because even though they got very good marks, they couldn't get into top schools in India due to reservation system and the alternatives were worse in India. It was better for them to go abroad.

Your argument fails for several reasons. The students going abroad would not do well if they weren't meritorious type.

Due to reservation system, half of the people accepted cannot afford education but the Supreme Court in their utopian wisdom demands that the colleges and universities provide high level quality of education free of charges to those who cannot afford them and the rest who can afford them can pay. What is the result? Colleges and universities not having sufficient funds to hire and retain quality professors and maintain quality research and this leads to a vicious cycle. As a result, their rankings become lower over time.
I will have to disagree. People who go to the US aren't exactly those lacking money. I was referring to those going to China, Russia, Ukraine etc. People going to the US don't come back for a reason, which is why their arguments on reservation are largely self serving and bogus.

As for the second point, while it is undoubtedly true that quality has come down, it's because of a general deterioration that plagues most institutions. Reservations have without doubt made it tough for many meritorious students but is also the excuse cited by many others, both undeserving and those covering up their real reasons with blame elsewhere.

(BTW, i come from a family with plenty of doctors..3 generations worth..all getting in through merit and in top institutions. Mentioning just in case you think I'm talking through my hat..)

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag
What is your definition of "meritorious"?

Top 1% or Top 10%?

You are right if it's about top 1% but you are wrong if it's about top 10%.

The people who go overseas, a significant % of them would be top 10% in India.
Not if you are talking about those going to China etc..
US (UG), UK(usually for PG only)...I might agree but even there, I'm not sure that lack of opportunities is the only reason driving that....

Vinash

Country flag
Not if you are talking about those going to China etc..
US (UG), UK(usually for PG only)...I might agree but even there, I'm not sure that lack of opportunities is the only reason driving that....
Ah!

I was only referring to USA/Aus/UK/Canada/Europe

Nobody in my circles goes to countries like China, Ukraine etc

Truthsoldier

Country flag
If this is true then govt is bending backwards to appease China. Instead of giving greater control to Army over ITBP for better coordination and swifter response they are going retrograde. They want to deploy a police force against a bully who respects no rules.
The govt really running shit scared of China.

another_armchair

Country flag
Maybe their seniors and top bosses are incompetent, corrupt and self serving individuals who wouldn't want anything to do with science but continue to cling on to their position.

Country flag
If this is true then govt is bending backwards to appease China. Instead of giving greater control to Army over ITBP for better coordination and swifter response they are going retrograde. They want to deploy a police force against a bully who respects no rules.
Government says this will prevent any army -army mishaps. What a lame ass move. Lot of Modi's
recent policies are turning into real flops.

Country flag
Maybe their seniors and top bosses are incompetent, corrupt and self serving individuals who wouldn't want anything to do with science but continue to cling on to their position.
India wants to be a world competitor. The west innovates and competes , China steals
and competes , what can India do to compete with these 2??

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
A massive blunder from GoI. ITBPs have proven to be inadequate in training, strength, equipment, and diplomacy while dealing with Chinese troops, who often come in massive numbers, and in better equipment and armored vehicles.

Also, from unofficial sources, the blunder of Chinese squatting on F4 Pangong Tso happened because ITBP local commander failed to identify the gravity of the threat as well as tackle it. Their platoon of some 50ish soldiers deployed at Maj. Dhan Singh Thapa post between F2 & F3 got beaten black and blue by 200+ Chinese soldiers (video is available).
Even after this, the local ITBP commander delayed conveying the situation to the army, which resulted in F3 & F4 ridges falling to Chinese control.

When ITBP handles the situation, just see the pathetically meek body language and conversation.

When the chad army handles the situation, the Chinese given free golgappas

Country flag
A massive blunder from GoI. ITBPs have proven to be inadequate in training, strength, equipment, and diplomacy while dealing with Chinese troops, who often come in massive numbers, and in better equipment and armored vehicles.

Also, from unofficial sources, the blunder of Chinese squatting on F4 Pangong Tso happened because ITBP local commander failed to identify the gravity of the threat as well as tackle it. Their platoon of some 50ish soldiers deployed at Maj. Dhan Singh Thapa post between F2 & F3 got beaten black and blue by 200+ Chinese soldiers (video is available).
Even after this, the local ITBP commander delayed conveying the situation to the army, which resulted in F3 & F4 ridges falling to Chinese control.

When ITBP handles the situation, just see the pathetically meek body language and conversation.

really disappointed . why move all this equipment and do construction if ITBP is going to be on the border??

another_armchair

Country flag

Doval doctrine. NSA is calling all the shots.

Army has been reduced to CI and ceremonial role with Babudom having the last call. Feels like a redux of UPA era.

With a difficult negotiator(CDS Rawat) out of the way, some people are having a free run with our security policy. Bailing out Lanka and eventually getting dung on our face has Babudom masterstroke written all over it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles