India-China Border conflict

Blademaster

The weakest point of silliguri corridor borders nepal its between nepal and bangladesh
View attachment 157698
I never understood why after 1971 we gave that piece of land jutting north out of Bangladesh back to Bangladesh. We should have kept that piece of land and make our corridor to the NE much stronger. Indira Gandhi was truly strategically stupid in the end.

Jimih

Country flag
I never understood why after 1971 we gave that piece of land jutting north out of Bangladesh back to Bangladesh. We should have kept that piece of land and make our corridor to the NE much stronger. Indira Gandhi was truly strategically stupid in the end.
Nobody understood, only India can give up gains after winning a war.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
china cannot come to silliguri via bangladesh

rockdog

Country flag
The weakest point of silliguri corridor borders nepal its between nepal and bangladesh
View attachment 157698
I think the Doklam is the nearest point from China to corridor.

The Siliguri corridor, known as India's 'chicken neck', became a crucial passageway after the India-China Doklam crisis in 2017.

Located in West Bengal, the corridor is 60 km long and 20 km wide and connects the North-East with the rest of India.

The region is surrounded by Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and China. Tibet's Chumbi valley is just 130 km away from the chicken neck corridor.

mokoman

Country flag
Yes, thank you. better you leave the topic if you don't have enough knewlege.

Since this is disputed area between China and Buthan, there was no India regular patrols, you as claimed:

The real aim is IA was worrying the siliguri corridor.
I hope you learn enough knowlege before dissucion, thank you.
yep the corridor is the reason for the crisis . anyways standoff was peacefully ended .

no chance PLA will ever reach the jampheri ridge overlooking the corridor .

best make peace with that .

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think the Doklam is the nearest point from China to corridor.

its impossible to block chickens neck from doklam though

mokoman

Country flag
its impossible to block chickens neck from doklam though
doklam plataue gives them visilibity over entire chicken neck and they can target chicken neck with rockets from the doklam plataue edge if they had taken it .

like pakistan did in drass kargil with artillery .

CCP outlook def changed after doklam , they jump started construction along the border . probably one of the reason they overreacted in ladakh in 2020

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
doklam plataue gives them visilibity over entire chicken neck and they can target chicken neck with rockets from the doklam plataue edge if they had taken it .

like pakistan did in drass kargil with artillery .

CCP outlook def changed after doklam , they jump started construction along the border . probably one of the reason they overreacted in ladakh in 2020
Hypothetically, yes, it is indeed a deep Chinese outpost towards India. But IMO it is more valuable as a surveillance outpost than an offensive one.
The reason is simple, its lack of strategic depth and vulnerability makes it a ripe target. Shooting artillery rounds from that location is akin to throwing stones from your glass house.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, thank you. better you leave the topic if you don't have enough knewlege.

Since this is disputed area between China and Buthan, there was no India regular patrols, you as claimed:

The real aim is IA was worrying the siliguri corridor.
I hope you learn enough knowlege before dissucion, thank you.
Stop propagating lies
I didn't leave the discussion I left bcoz i had work
It was pla who intruded our borders in doklam and we pushed as your aim was to come closer to siliguri
I have read your comments and u are stressing that its us who invited to u to fight be 1962 1967 2017 or 2020
It was u who intruded
In 1962 your nation was suffering from famine and to divert attention u attacked us as Mao knew that nehru and Krishna menon are biggest fools
I quoted few senior members as they have better knowledge regarding maps and could answer in detail

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1962 is truly the worst and most dangerous time for CCP. The famine during 1959-1962 made nationl wide economic crisis. CCP had bad relationships both on USSR and USA. The Taiwan Army almsot ready for fight back and landing to Fujian province. Tibet had massive disorders and India had conflicts with PLA on all border areas...

I check the history after 1949, no year is worse than 1961 & 1962, China would lost the control of Tibet. Nehru is not stupid on marco view, he knew this was the chance, but he was lack of ability to practise as a leader.

By defeated India, CCP finally cut all the Indian official connections and previleges in Tibet. Before 1960, there were even Indian's post offices, small police offices in Tibet, this is unacceptable by CCP.
We didn't had any influence in Tibet
That was under your control U fought 1962 for ladakh which your so called history text claims to bu yours
What was the point of capturing barren lands
It was your claim and u achieved it
We were weak in terms equipments logistics and majorly due to foolishness and unwillingness of nehru we didn't even used our airforce

Cheepek

I don't know how you define “defeated”, the IA backoff from disputed area between China & Buthan, China didn't loss any land to India. If you look at recent sattelite image, the contructions were finished ...

The confict on Galwan was a coincidence from my POV, since the tension between two sides already been 2 yrs, it's just a spark to ignite.

Plus 2020 is the hardest time if you look China's power for last 30 years, the whole nation were busy on resuming from the Covid-19 & economic slow down. It's India's best chance to grab some land on LAC.

Same as 1962 war, 1959-1961 China was the weakest time since of failture of grand leap forword, but Nehru's forward policy started 2 year ago.

Is it possible that, India always try to find some chance when China relatively weak? Just my personal POV.
You were building a road, did you complete it after 5 years?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is the main topic. Stop torturing Tibetians and return back their land. Stop installing your Messiah Xi Jinping's ugly looking portraits inside their monasteries.
Now it belongs to China bro
I don't think Tibet will be independent 1 day
We must look after our land which we are protecting from them with too much of difficulty

Global Defence

New threads

Articles