India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag
👀 heard this bizzare rumour in chinese social media .

we deployed subs in pangong tso , back in 2020

subs could be mean underwater drones , mini vehicles used by special forces .

it was apparently sighted on their side by chinese forces

probably explains this 👇

Jimih

Country flag
Maybe that's how congress thinks:doh: about chinese encroachments. That's why there is inaction in previous governments
He bitches daily on twitter about, "Modi sarkar Chinio ke aage ghutne tek diye", "Chin hamare hazaron square kms area mein squat kar rahi hai" , etc.

And now he says, "India should be neutral" !?

Just like the professor in the 3 idiots movie, I would ask,

"Aakhir kehna kya chahte ho"?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
👀 heard this bizzare rumour in chinese social media .

we deployed subs in pangong tso , back in 2020

subs could be mean underwater drones , mini vehicles used by special forces .

it was apparently sighted on their side by chinese forces

Actually nothing surprising. It would be only natural to deploy midget subs and UUVs in Pangong Tso, I expected China to field them first.

But, the article comes up with no proof of any underwater activity, only that they have spotted Chinese reconnaissance planes equipped with MAD in Tibet. It is pertinent to note that many reconnaissance aircraft including Chinese AWACS and ELINT aircraft with MAD as part of their sensor suite, it has nothing to do with hunting submarines.

Waanar

Country flag
This is the golden line ,that is why we need an offensive maneuvering force , which can counter attack and isolate enemy maneuvering forces from their supply lines . I hope you got it now
Yes yes, I get what you mean. In my defense, I meant "prioritizing defense" instead of "only defense". That was a miscommunication on my part.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Actually nothing surprising. It would be only natural to deploy midget subs and UUVs in Pangong Tso, I expected China to field them first.

But, the article comes up with no proof of any underwater activity, only that they have spotted Chinese reconnaissance planes equipped with MAD in Tibet. It is pertinent to note that many reconnaissance aircraft including Chinese AWACS and ELINT aircraft with MAD as part of their sensor suite, it has nothing to do with hunting submarines.
Pangong Tso has a maximum depth of 330 ft. (100 meters). Midget submarines such as those built by the Japanese or Italians are said to be able to dive at a depth of 100-150 meters.

Indian Navy is planning to procure Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (SDV). All these subs will be built Indigenously. So I think that if India Wants to deploy any sort of Underwater platform in the lake than it should be an UUV. Deployment of any kind of Midget submarines by us will be unlikely.

Angel of War

Country flag

Angel of War

Country flag
The BBC report says
A picture circulated on Indian social media is said to be a weapon used by China
This is similar to the Russian Tass News Agency quoting Indian media reports that 45 people died in China, which was regarded by many Indians as evidence of China's heavy casualties,
We call it export to domestic sales
Why dosen't chinese viewpoint get as widely accepted as the indian ? It's simply because your media is even worse in terms of credibility than ours. The chinese always portray themselves as victims despite being aggressors .

Super Flanker

Country flag
Why dosen't chinese viewpoint get as widely accepted as the indian ? It's simply because your media is even worse in terms of credibility than ours. The chinese always portray themselves as victims despite being aggressors .
The Answer is simple : It's because of countries like Japan, South Korea, USA etc which are anti China, also China's Various neighbouring countries also have an Anti China Sentiment.

So the fact is that there are way more countries which are Anti China as compared to Anti India and these countries like to defame China a lot hence you see more coverage of Indian media as compared to Chinese media.

Angel of War

Country flag
How can Indians accept the views of the Chinese,
Then the chinese should try to be more credible and transparent in presenting their views to the world.
Just like you told the Russians to trust the Ukrainian media, Russia has failed because the Ukrainian media are more impartial and Ukraine is a democratic country,
When did I tell the Russians to trust Ukrainian media ?

Jimih

Country flag
Indian Navy is planning to procure Swimmer Delivery Vehicle (SDV). So I think that if India Wants to deploy any sort of Underwater platform in the lake than it should be an UUV.
Iam sure that DPVs were employed in Pangong Lake

This pic is Raksha Mantri's visit to one of the forward base in Leh in the year 2020.

1653133219381.jpg

Angel of War

Country flag
The Answer is simple : It's because of countries like Japan, South Korea, USA etc which are anti China, also China's Various neighbouring countries also have an Anti China Sentiment.

So the fact is that there are way more countries which are Anti China as compared to Anti India and these countries like to defame China a lot hence you see more coverage of Indian media as compared to Chinese media.
And what has china done to change that reputation, they're aggressively pushing their claim lines and bullying phillipines and vietnam constantly ? Mate don't defend their wrong actions .

Super Flanker

Country flag
And what has china done to change that reputation , they're aggressively pushing their claim lines and bullying phillipines and vietnam constantly ? Mate don't defend their wrong actions .
I never defended the wrong actions of the Chinese, all I was saying is that countries like USA, UK, Japan, SK etc have a very anti-China reputation which they convey through their media. These countries which I have listed have a very large media influence in the world which results in anti-China news being spread more Faster and hence the Narrative reaches more people. And yes, the behaviour of China as an expansionist power has earned them this reputation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles