India-China Border conflict

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
this bridge is ~20 km from LAC , they build a large base just 5km from LAC last year itself .

not much we can do except give press release saying "we are closely watching developments"

If they are building Military Installations/bases in such close proximity to the LAC than why are we not doing the same?

And anyways keep in mind that even though the Chinese are building such infrastructure close to the LAC, in a Potential war our Howitzers/Artillery will easily target them and Destroy them.

By the way do you know about some of our Army bases near LAC and how far they are from the Border?

Super Flanker

Country flag
If you say so,
Indian targets 50KM from the border are also meaningless as they are all under fire from Chinese howitzers
Both sides will exchange Artillery fire and hits with one another. The best SPG which we have in our inventory is the K-9 Vajra Which has a max range of 54 kms (Using K315, HE-RAP). Casualties will be faced by both sides.

Angel of War

Country flag
150 km loop, much difficult during an invasion scenario.
i think you are forgetting the chain of PLA bases along that entire 150km stretch . Please don't assume that the chinese are fools . They are smart, very very smart .

Super Flanker

Country flag
This depends on the reconnaissance level of both sides and the level of artillery informatization.
However, the K9 is too heavy, and the road may not be able to pass
What do you mean by Artillery information? K-9 has a weight of 47 tons, for Comparison T-90 has a weight of 46 tons and Arjun has weight of more than 50 tons. If heavier tanks will be able to move comfortably than why can't a same weight Category Howitzer. Sorry, I think so that I have misinterpreted what you have written.

Angel of War

Country flag
Well, my fault, it's a Chinese word,
It refers to the artillery automation command system and the army data link.
Indian army has had such a capability since 2009

Angel of War

Country flag
@L1551L @Super Flanker
From the article i just shared - ACCCS is the artillery component of the TAC C3I grid,which is the first step of the Army to acquire the capability of network-centric warfare at the tactical level,” they said. “Sakthi is the first C3I system being fielded in the Indian Army. The role of ACCCS is to automate and integrate all artillery operational functions and provide decision support at all levels of artillery command from the corps level down to the battery or guns level in a networked environment,” the officers said.

Developed by the Army’s Directorate General of Information Systems,the Sakthi’s three main electronic devices Enhanced Tactical Computer,Gun Display Unit and Hand Held Computer are produced by the defence public sector undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited.
Shakti,the officers said,would give the troops the capability to concentrate artillery fire power at operational and tactical levels in a reduced time-frame and deliver a decisive blow to the enemy at the desired place. “The capability of rapid acquisition,processing and dissemination of battlefield information and delivering crushing blows to enemy’s critical assets,even before he makes contact with our forces,will be the deciding factor in any future conflict,” they said,explaining the need for such a C3I system.

ACCS,they said,would perform five critical functions including ‘Technical Fire Control’ for trajectory computations and ‘Tactical Fire Control’ primarily involving processing of fire requests at battery to corps level and ammunition management. It also ensure ‘Deployment Management’ for guns and observation posts for defensive and offensive operations; ‘Operational Logistics’ for assisting in timely provisioning of ammunition and logistics support and ‘Fire Planning’ to facilitate production of fire plans,task tables and automatic generation of gun programmes.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Well, my fault, it's a Chinese word,
It refers to the artillery automation command system and the army data link.
When you refered to the term "Artillery Information" than I thought that you refered to:
  • 1. Information about your enemy Artillery (I.e. where they are, how far they are, what type of artillery they are, at what Altitude they are at etc)
  • 2. Also about information about your own Artillery as well so that you can Co-ordinate yours against the enemy in a effective way.
Thank you for elaborating @L1551L

Angel of War

Country flag
If you count it this way, China installed the first battalion artillery command system in the 112th Division of the 38th Army in 1991, and in 1998, China exported the artillery command system to Kuwait for the first time (with the export of PLZ45)
Nothing surprising though . China has had the lead over us in these .I am very well aware of that . Your capabilities in this segment are ahead of us

Angel of War

Country flag
If you count it this way, China installed the first battalion artillery command system in the 112th Division of the 38th Army in 1991, and in 1998, China exported the artillery command system to Kuwait for the first time (with the export of PLZ45)
can you share the details of the system ?
Thanks in advance .

Angel of War

Country flag
hmm. You are talking about battalion artillery command system. But indian ACCCS is to automate and integrate all artillery operational functions and provide decision support at all levels of artillery command from the corps level down to the battery or guns level in a networked environment.

Super Flanker

Country flag
can you share the details of the system ?
Thanks in advance .
He is talking about PLZ-45, also known as Type 88 which is a 155mm self propelled Howitzer.

"The PLZ-45 or Type 88 is a 155 mm self-propelled howitzer designed by Su Zhezi of 674 Factory, and developed by Norinco, 123 Factory (Heilongjiang Hua’an Industry Group Company), 127 Factory (Tsitsihar Heping Machine Shop), 674 Factory (Harbin First Machine Manufacture Limited Company) and Beijing Institute of Technology in the early 1990s for the export market. It is based on Norinco's Type 89 (PLL01) 155mm/45-calibre towed gun-howitzer"

Here is a picture of it.

300px-PLZ45155mm_Howitzer.jpg

Angel of War

Country flag
He is talking about PLZ-45, also known as Type 88 which is a 155mm self propelled Howitzer.

"The PLZ-45 or Type 88 is a 155 mm self-propelled howitzer designed by Su Zhezi of 674 Factory, and developed by Norinco, 123 Factory (Heilongjiang Hua’an Industry Group Company), 127 Factory (Tsitsihar Heping Machine Shop), 674 Factory (Harbin First Machine Manufacture Limited Company) and Beijing Institute of Technology in the early 1990s for the export market. It is based on Norinco's Type 89 (PLL01) 155mm/45-calibre towed gun-howitzer"

Here is a picture of it.

View attachment 156661
that isn't the system i am talking about mate. I asked for information on PLA's artillery C3I systems

Super Flanker

Country flag
that isn't the system i am talking about mate. I asked for information on PLA's artillery C3I systems
Well I tried to search through OPEN SOURCE= Google for information about PLA's Artillery C31 systems and unfortunately I am unable to find any AFAIK.

Tuco

Country flag
they are building a bridge which they totally can , I don't know why people are offended , we already have heavy presence along the south bank of the pangong tso which are there to make sure they don't secure the area for themselves . Very high level of alertness is being followed by all indian army formations .
They can build bridge yes offcourse, but will we take a proactive action when required? that's where I am worried about, what is the red line. We mostly reactionary. When a hand to hand situation arises on the other bank will we be ready to blow the bridge to stop the reinforcements?

Angel of War

Country flag
They can build bridge yes offcourse, but will we take a proactive action when required? that's where I am worried about, what is the red line. We mostly reactionary. When a hand to hand situation arises on the other bank will we be ready to blow the bridge to stop the reinforcements?
What kind of proactive action are you talking about ? That bridge is some 20km from the LAC , any large movement of PLA troops can be detected with the current level of our surveillance besides that we already have a big levels of troop strength on the south bank with armour and mechanised infantry . We can't stop them from building bridges just like they can't stop us from building the DS DBO road .

Hari Sud

Country flag
i think you are forgetting the chain of PLA bases along that entire 150km stretch . Please don't assume that the chinese are fools . They are smart, very very smart .
‘They definitely are fools by keeping tension alive on a useless piece of land and let india go stronger and stronger. Then india cannot be beaten.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles