India-China Border conflict

Angel of War

Country flag
Please read the above post. Now you acknowledge openly on the forum that your dad is/was in the Indian Armed forces so now everyone knows about it. It's fine now but please be careful of accounts which might DM or quote you and ask you Potential details. Especially on DFI. If such a case happens than please report it to some of the members and Mods/Moderators through DM.

Stay safe!

:india2:
thanks for your concern buddy

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
View attachment 153285
This is the largest PLAGF base near bumla towards slight northeast of the pass . It seems like a border defense regiment HQ
@mist_consecutive do you have any idea what troops are housed in there ? Since it's so close to the pass i assume it's a border defense regiment HQ .
Mate share some pics of our bases, I want to know how they look from above like this .

mokoman

Country flag
Hai ? Why the heck have they built so close to the mcmahon line then ? It's literally on below the reverse slope
IMHO most of those are residential houses + 1 red admin building .

they build it after we fortified the ridge with a stone wall and some other crap

the very famouse clash + kidnapping of 100 chinese troops took place at LAC next to here

Angel of War

Country flag
IMHO most of those are residential houses + 1 red admin building .

they build it after we fortified the ridge with a stone wall and some other crap
I don't think they are poverty alleviation villages . There must be PLA troops living there under the guise of a poverty alleviation village . No country would make villages so close to disputed borders without a reason , either it's a PLA base or it houses the people's Militia members

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Am I allowed to share those here ? I know they can be found on google earth but still...
There is no issue in sharing satellite images of our military Installations/Bases/headquarters etc as their location is public information.

And whatever satellite images that you find, they will be old ones and not of very recent. Our enemies have satellites monitoring these places and they are well aware of it. So you can go ahead and share them. It's totally fine!

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I don't think they are poverty alleviation villages . There must be PLA troops living there under the guise of a poverty alleviation village . No country would make villages so close to disputed borders without a reason , either it's a PLA base or it houses the people's Militia members
They could potentially be housing Terrorists there and also storing arms and Munition (i.e Rifles, Ammunition, Bombs etc). By the way has anyone till date recorded any human movement here ? (i.e Civilian villagers)

mokoman

Country flag
no man they are building it on indian land TM , bhutanese land TM . everywhere

for ex , check here 28.606278° 93.401438°

doesnt make sense to house soldiers in residential building anyway.

i saw a construction van with chinese written on it , building a housing complex few km near my house in kerala . things are happening quickly.

karn

Country flag
View attachment 153285
This is the largest PLAGF base near bumla towards slight northeast of the pass . It seems like a border defense regiment HQ
@mist_consecutive do you have any idea what troops are housed in there ? Since it's so close to the pass i assume it's a border defense regiment HQ .
Another PLA base with a large concentration of troops , this one is rather close to the McMahon Line towards North west of mago
View attachment 153286View attachment 153287
This is really weird. Imaybe wrong but i remember an officer mentioning that all modern IA bases are more spread out (colonial origin/ in city bases are exceptions ) cause a few airstrikes wipes out the lot otherwise.

Joe Shearer

Country flag
This is really weird. Imaybe wrong but i remember an officer mentioning that all modern IA bases are more spread out (colonial origin/ in city bases are exceptions ) cause a few airstrikes wipes out the lot otherwise.
They are sure they will never be attacked.
They are sure that even if there are ground encounters, the IAF will be kept reined in.
They are sure that they can do what they want, and we will watch respectfully.

In other words, they are complacent and wholly vulnerable.

karn

Country flag
They are sure they will never be attacked.
They are sure that even if there are ground encounters, the IAF will be kept reined in.
They are sure that they can do what they want, and we will watch respectfully.

In other words, they are complacent and wholly vulnerable.
After asean meekly accepted getting pushed around by Chinese fishermen the ccp was also sure that nobody would ever push back.
This totally looks like a peace time deployment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles