India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country flag

Kennedy dispatched planes to India in 1962. US must join ‘digital strike’ to counter China

A US digital airlift should aim to add extra oomph to India’s counterpunches and thereby raise the immediate costs of Chinese territorial aggression.

Country flag

Pakistan chuckled while India clashed at LAC. Forgot how China nibbled at its borders too

A serious threat may lead to Beijing hitting the pause button on territorial expansion, but in the long run the slow decadal expansionism will not cease.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
From a geopolitical perspective from 2001 onwards it has been a total loss for the US. For 20 years the US fixated on the War on Terror and fighting wars in the Middle East. In the meantime China grew into an economic monster and vacuumed up the US industrial heartland.

Defanging China is IMO the greatest challenge facing the rest of the world and all countries will have to cooperate in making it happen. Russia is on the sidelines and cannot be counted on. That leaves the US, Japan, South Korea, Australia and hopefully most of the South East Asian countries that India can cooperate with and count on.
Just that India is not a competitor to China, U.S is. it's their play. it's their numero uno position that is in danger of being usurped.
And further more, the chance that U.S might accept a bi-polar world settlement with china is still on the table. it is one of the reason india can't pick sides. and so far they haven't even offered India anything "valuable", on the contrary their big social media companies & major news networks are assisting people here in undermining a govt that is standing upto china.

ataru09

Country flag
Country flag
Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
From a geopolitical perspective from 2001 onwards it has been a total loss for the US. For 20 years the US fixated on the War on Terror and fighting wars in the Middle East. In the meantime China grew into an economic monster and vacuumed up the US industrial heartland.

Defanging China is IMO the greatest challenge facing the rest of the world and all countries will have to cooperate in making it happen. Russia is on the sidelines and cannot be counted on. That leaves the US, Japan, South Korea, Australia and hopefully most of the South East Asian countries that India can cooperate with and count on.
to some extent that's true.. but the real reason is cheap labor in china for their american industries.

in america, if you have an industry and if you have employees then the following needs to be legally provided by employers

- legal protection
- equal opportunity and no discrimination.
- state/federal authorized minimum wages per hour
- medical insurance
- pay taxes
- 401 benifits
- safe working conditions and environment
- ensure product safety guidelines, provide protective gear and all
- no overtime without pay
- provide HR services
- job security(can't fire employee without documented cause)
- legally accept labor/trade unions
etc
etc

all this adds to the bottom line of the product cost..

in china, being a communist fuck government? what benefits does it provide to its employees?
- NOTHING.

this cheap labor contributed to the rise of companies like Apple, Walmart, Amazon etc.

its merely cost 7$ to assemble an Iphone in china (back in 2007/08) while the product is sold at 600$ minimum. (lets not talk about cost of developing IOS, softwares and app) that a different story.

so those 20 years beginning from 2000, china saw raise in magnitude scale.

china realized that its time has come to become superpower during 2008/09 economic recession.
china became the first country after ww2 to provide loans to america to keep its economy running.

things changed after this bailout events.

LDev

Country flag
it's their numero uno position that is in danger of being usurped.
You are correct. This is the motivation for the US response.
And further more, the chance that U.S might accept a bi-polar world settlement with china is still on the table.
The US will never willingly agree to a bi-polar financial world where the USD does not reign supreme. And that is irrespective of which party is in power and who the President is. A bi-polar world is a Chinese wet dream and the idea has been floated by a Chinese think tank. IMO there will be a hot war before that is allowed to happen by the US.
it is one of the reason india can't pick sides. and so far they haven't even offered India anything "valuable", on the contrary their big social media companies & major news networks are assisting people here in undermining a govt that is standing upto china.
That undermining is done by the typical leftist media/cabal who are against all right wing Governments beginning with Trump and going on to Modi, Bolsanaro and Netanyahu.

The "handover" from the British empire to the US empire was done mostly gracefully because of a shared culture and values. Any handover from the US or even a co-sharing will be bloody and violent specially with China.

LDev

Country flag
to some extent that's true.. but the real reason is cheap labor in china for their american industries.

in america, if you have an industry and if you have employees then the following needs to be legally provided by employers

- legal protection
- equal opportunity and no discrimination.
- state/federal authorized minimum wages per hour
- medical insurance
- pay taxes
- 401 benifits
- safe working conditions and environment
- ensure product safety guidelines, provide protective gear and all
- no overtime without pay
- provide HR services
- job security(can't fire employee without documented cause)
- legally accept labor/trade unions
etc
etc

all this adds to the bottom line of the product cost..

in china, being a communist fuck government? what benefits does it provide to its employees?
- NOTHING.

this cheap labor contributed to the rise of companies like Apple, Walmart, Amazon etc.

its merely cost 7$ to assemble an Iphone in china (back in 2007/08) while the product is sold at 600$ minimum. (lets not talk about cost of developing IOS, softwares and app) that a different story.

so those 20 years beginning from 2000, china saw raise in magnitude scale.

china realized that its time has come to become superpower during 2008/09 economic recession.
china became the first country after ww2 to provide loans to america to keep its economy running.

things changed after this bailout events.

Largely agree with your viewpoint. The entry of China into the WTO in 2001 because of lobbying by China and strongly supported by US business groups changed everything. And you have to credit China that in 20 years while the US was distracted they rose from being supplicants to be let into the WTO to a position that they dream of a bi-polar G2 world!!.

Trump was elected because he recognized what has happened. But he did not have his Yes men in the vast reaches of the US Government bureaucracy and so has been sabotaged every step of the way. And of course it does not help that he is a very very difficult person to get along with.

One small correction. The first country to which the US was a debtor nation after WW2 was Japan which still I believe holds the largest amount of US Treasury bonds/bills. Although Japan and China was swapped positions a few times in the recent past. But now with the current US China tensions, I think China has been gradually reducing it's holdings of USG securities.

Belagutti

Country flag
I got forward some video from WhatsApp Showing that authority has asked not to pick up calls from the number 140, else your mobile will get hacked, connected to chinese hacking. Is it true? Does somebody knows about it. Because I cant believe it, is it true of false ? I think it is probably false. Can some one clarify this?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
You are correct. This is the motivation for the US response.

The US will never willingly agree to a bi-polar financial world where the USD does not reign supreme. And that is irrespective of which party is in power and who the President is. A bi-polar world is a Chinese wet dream and the idea has been floated by a Chinese think tank. IMO there will be a hot war before that is allowed to happen by the US.

That undermining is done by the typical leftist media/cabal who are against all right wing Governments beginning with Trump and going on to Modi, Bolsanaro and Netanyahu.

The "handover" from the British empire to the US empire was done mostly gracefully because of a shared culture and values. Any handover from the US or even a co-sharing will be bloody and violent specially with China.
agreed. but, if we recall obama era, he nearly gave the keys of the kingdom to CCP. Chinese expansion was the fastest during his period, economically, diplomatically & strategically.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I got forward some video from WhatsApp Showing that authority has asked not to pick up calls from the number 140, else your mobile will get hacked, connected to chinese hacking. Is it true? Does somebody knows about it. Because I cant believe it, is it true of false ? I think it is probably false. Can some one clarify this?
Phone numbers starting with 140 is telemarketing number. And no, your phone can't be hacked if you just pick up the call. If they want to hack, they have much better methods.

Belagutti

Country flag
Phone numbers starting with 140 is telemarketing number. And no, your phone can't be hacked if you just pick up the call. If they want to hack, they have much better methods.
I think to much mess is going on right now.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
One small correction. The first country to which the US was a debtor nation after WW2 was Japan which still I believe holds the largest amount of US Treasury bonds/bills. Although Japan and China was swapped positions a few times in the recent past. But now with the current US China tensions, I think China has been gradually reducing it's holdings of USG securities.
i am not aware of such development between japan and us, because i haven't been following market for that long. so if this true then i take my words backs.

but its still true though, Chinese realized their dreams of superpower after that 700$ billion dollar bailout

agreed. but, if we recall obama era, he nearly gave the keys of the kingdom to CCP. Chinese expansion was the fastest during his period, economically, diplomatically & strategically.
true, i have ranted about obamas administration in earlier threads too. he was tunnel visioned into Obama Health care project among other things,

LDev

Country flag
Actually the recent US President who was most pro China was Clinton. China entered the WTO under his watch and also got the sweetheart deal to get into the WTO under his watch. It was also under his watch that the US offered that South Asia and the India Pakistan dispute in the aftermath of Kargil would fall under China's sphere of influence. That proposal was fiercely resisted by the Vajpayee Government. Credit for that has to go to Jaswant Singh as he built bridges with the US administration to prevent that from happening.

Obama was asleep at the geopolitical wheel, he was busy concentrating on ethnic, gender, minority rights in the US. And you have to credit the Chinese. They made sure that until they reached a certain level of economic and military heft they pretty much kept their mouth shut.

Shredder

Country flag
The way the US / West propped up HK and eventually whole of mainland China for the last 2-3 decades, they are trying to do the same with our country in their own way. As seen with what US / West is doing with China now, they don't want that country they groomed to challenge or overtake them. Please share feedback on this POV. If feel this has a lot of ramifications for the future.

The West just wants the ones they deem inferior to fight among themselves. The strength and philosophical depth of Bharat is something they have not seen unleashed until now. The future will be very interesting.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
true, i have ranted about obamas administration in earlier threads too. he was tunnel visioned into Obama Health care project among other things,
and i believe it was not "Tunnel vision" but rather a diversion to keep everybody occupied and sprinkled russia & climate change on the top for effect.
lefties got greedy, they wanted both east and west, because EU & south america at the time was already theirs. remember their original plan, they wanted to turn china into a liberal economy by making it rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles