India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
How PM Modi called China’s bluff in Ladakh, writes Shishir Gupta

Xi Jinping is on an expansionist spree. But India has set the momentum for resistance. Others are joining in

Yash Patel

Country flag
Good to see that China has moved back from F4 finally multiple sources reporting it. Would be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming winter.
PLA begins Pangong pullback ahead of army talks next week.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...army-talks-next-week/articleshow/76883374.cms

According to this report chinese have moved back from finger 4 to finger 5 however they are still to vacate the heights but most worrisome thing is we also pulled back to Dhan Singh Thapa post between Finger-2 and 3.

Tanmay

Country flag
The situation has improved in Uttarakhand.

A trans Himalayan road is also under constriction in Arunachal Pradesh which will run parallel to LAC in the inner areas thereby facilitating inter valley movement.

Helicopters can only take care of small tactical lifts and transfer of troops and equipment not large movements..
The Trans Arunachcal Highway will surely strengthen the communication in Arunachal and its making good progress

However its the 1800 km Arunachal Frontier Highway which will almost run parallel to the boundary/MacMahon line which will truly change the story as shown below. All forward areas will get east-west connectivity allowing Army to reposition troops easily. But its still in planning stages

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-mcmohan-line-home-ministry-223219-2014-10-15

You are correct about Uttarakhand. The Chardham Road (7 roads in total) under the guise of pilgrimage/tourism are actually to take care of China. Also the recent Darchula-Lipulekh Road will add to the Tanakpur-Pitoragarh road

All the three "disputed" areas of Pulam Sumda(Mana Pass), Barahoti(Niti Pass) and Lipulek Pass will get enhanced connectivity and allow Joshimath and Pitoragarh based army units to take positions quicky
01.PNG

Add to this the expressways in UttarPradesh which will allow Army to move its hinterland units quickly to other areas

Chardham road and some UP highways will be done by 2021. Chinis will have tough time here.

North East is a long way to go. Lots of work remain.

Thundering13th

Country flag
PLA begins Pangong pullback ahead of army talks next week.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...army-talks-next-week/articleshow/76883374.cms

According to this report chinese have moved back from finger 4 to finger 5 however they are still to vacate the heights but most worrisome thing is we also pulled back to Dhan Singh Thapa post between Finger-2 and 3.
Our OP was in the heights of sirijap complex. Well ahead of F8 in 62. Purani baatein choro. I have some info that we have direct observation from gogra complex to shore line of PG Tso?

Thundering13th

Country flag

An_indian_

Country flag
In my opinion if you look at Chinese future strategy with regard to india.... They have two logical options either make india its partner(bitch) or make it in the region irrelevant through various methods. They want unipolar asia... Thats why they created india specific western theatre command and built all that eco system, on the other hand their is offer of BRI if we want to be partner.
I dont know which choice will be better for us nevertheless i reckon hard times are ahead gentleman, lets hope for best. It will be difficult for us to not side with anyone.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
nope, don't even dream about it.. like i mentioned earlier.. things will get bad in next 2 ,months as winter approaches.
They are making preparation as we speak never give them chance and also we need time to bring the house in order's

ataru09

Country flag
In my opinion if you look at Chinese future strategy with regard to india.... They have two logical options either make india its partner(bitch) or make it in the region irrelevant through various methods. They want unipolar asia... Thats why they created india specific western theatre command and built all that eco system, on the other hand their is offer of BRI if we want to be partner.
I dont know which choice will be better for us nevertheless i reckon hard times are ahead gentleman, lets hope for best. It will be difficult for us to not side with anyone.
Tu phir as gaya? Both those options mean we are under their thumb. Nice try false flagger.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Tanmay these helicopters are very expensive to buy and maintain. And used very infrequently. Usually in peacetime, you will find ways to move things by road and rail. In wartime, these helis are big targets for enemy.

Ultimately it is a question of price/performance.
Chinooks are more agile than MI 26s. They carry more load, higher altitude and easier to maintain.
These are meant to be used for also inserting spec ops at longer ranges. It’s best that we acquire at least 27 more of these.
Entire heavy lift requirement will be solved.

They are also fitted with countermeasure systems and DRCIM pods if I recall correctly. I think it’s most ideal to operate these at the front lines and leave the mi17s to operate internally.

To all saying Mi 26 is a beast. Yes it is. But it’s a slow and heavy heavy beast. More of a strategic transport unit than a tactical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles