India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
No,,No... in spite of your name you can not be armchair...
1400 Dhanush by year-end is baseless dreaming...
From an order of 114 they have been able to make only six over two and a half years... Even if OFB, Kalyani, TATA, L&T and ATHOS get together .. they can not deliver 1400 by year-end...

However, 400 odd Bofors, 200 Sarangs, 125 ULH plus some more are good enough..
I point out these realities and get a lot of flakes from the fanboys here..
That was wishful thinking on my part going by the beg, borrow, steal rule to have overwhelming firepower over the adversaries.

However, going by your argument, the existing arty inventory of all assortments should be sufficient to cover the IB+LOC+LAC.

Dhanush has an advertised range of 38km. Bofors FH-77 averages about 24-27km, sometimes 30 as per claims. Not even factoring in the plains vs high altitude range variation here.

If range is averaged at 30 km, a single gun can cover a circular area of 2,827 sqkm.

If range is averaged at 20 km, a single gun can cover a circular area of 1256.64 sqkm.

Add Grad, Pinaka into the matrix and one can claim the situation isn't dire but more wouldn't hurt.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I only hope that henceforth the military, government and babudom permanently shift India's focus towards preparing the nation for a war with China, and no longer indulge themselves in the delusion that a war against China, is only possible in the distant future..
Also, make 17 strike corps a full strike corps with 2 or 3 full strength divisions.. and reorient 1 other strike corps for war with China. Having 3 strike corps equipped for war on the Pakistan front is an overkill.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I only hope that henceforth the military, government and babudom permanently shift India's focus towards preparing the nation for a war with China, and no longer indulge themselves in the delusion that a war against China, is only possible in the distant future..
Also, make 17 strike corps a full strike corps with 2 or 3 full strength divisions.. and reorient 1 other strike corps for war with China. Having 3 strike corps equipped for war on the Pakistan front is an overkill.
All gyan will be focused on Govt only, is it?

Give some gyan to people as well with the same intensity, ask people to pay their taxes properly as well. no funds = delay in defence spending to handle PLA.

Sehwag213

Country flag
If China was hell bent on war, it would have done a lot more than sitting tight in no man's land. If China was intent on humiliating India, it would not have allowed India even the fig leaf of saying that LAC perceptions differ. China would have occupied land which was indisputably beyond any Chinese claim line. An example would be sitting on DSDBO Road itself.. or having a battalion sit on Daulat beg oldi runway.. China has done nothing like that. It is only continuing its salami slicing.
They don't want to be seen as aggressor. They want India to fire first shot and then they will start war.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
That was wishful thinking on my part going by the beg, borrow, steal rule to have overwhelming firepower over the adversaries.

However, going by your argument, the existing arty inventory of all assortments should be sufficient to cover the IB+LOC+LAC.

Dhanush has an advertised range of 38km. Bofors FH-77 averages about 24-27km, sometimes 30 as per claims. Not even factoring in the plains vs high altitude range variation here.

If range is averaged at 30 km, a single gun can cover a circular area of 2,827 sqkm.

If range is averaged at 20 km, a single gun can cover a circular area of 1256.64 sqkm.

Add Grad, Pinaka into the matrix and one can claim the situation isn't dire but more wouldn't hurt.
Artillery is not employed measuring circular arc but frontal arcs and wherever it does not fit the bill then artillery is flexible enough to be moved a redeployed. Maximum efforts are made towards concentration of available fire by mixing and moving the guns. Ranges provide benefits of reaching flanks without redeployment and keeping out of enemy ranges.

155mm provides the advantages of delivering a devastating larger weight shell which is more destructive particularly in bunker-busting, against tanks and vehicles, in CB and against well-prepared defenses.

In Ladakh, a Mix of 105mm howitzers, 130mm Guns and 155mm Howitzers and 120mm Mortars would be available beside the rocket artillery. So there is no emergency as such.

But, yes. having all howitzers of 155 calibers would have added a significant advantage in firepower.

The Chinese have a significant number of 122mm howitzers with 22 km range and 155/45 SP how. No significant advantage over Indian artillery.

What matters in such an area is the availability of roads and tracks facilitating artillery deployment. The Indian side has those in satisfactory numbers to take guns as far forward as possible..

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
All gyan will be focused on Govt only, is it?

Give some gyan to people as well with the same intensity, ask people to pay their taxes properly as well. no funds = delay in defence spending to handle PLA.
As if people will listen to me. :facepalm:

Spindrift

Found this thread critiquing Chinese military hardware.
Long thread alert -

Also if you look at the video, around 0:31 to 0:34 seconds mark, the soldier firing his rifle. It look like the propellant in the ammunition is not getting properly burnt or oxidized as you can see black smoke coming out when the empty case is ejected and that's going to be a problem.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As if people will listen to me. :facepalm:
Count the number of posts you have given credibility to PLA which basically has never undertaken a military operation against an foreign military in 40 years, you don't seem to have a problem there.

why not use the same number of words promoting something useful to the nation?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Found this thread critiquing Chinese military hardware.
Long thread alert -

Count the number of posts you have given credibility to PLA which basically has never undertaken a military operation against an foreign military in 40 years, you don't seem to have a problem there.

The sinking tank...
Look!! How cute they look singing to their thug masters. :hehe: :hehe: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Their anthem says "they refuse to be slaves" and yet they are slaves. :troll:

View attachment 56332
I have a question is this a China Promotion thread on DFI? I heard of Business promotion Cultural Promotion. But not seen this kind of promotion create a different China Promotion /Bashing thread, Carry on my fellow Chineses DFIans. :yo:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I have a question is this a China Promotion thread on DFI? I heard of Business promotion Cultural Promotion. But not seen this kind of promotion create a different China Promotion /Bashing thread, Carry on my fellow Chineses DFIans. :yo:
It's a free country mate, people can say what they want with reasonable restrictions.
Good thing to remind ourselves on Independence Day 2020, both of our neighbours to east and west do not have this freedom.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
No, it's not promotion. Its called simply 'sharing the thoughts'. And we live in a free country, aren't we? And this is a public open forum!!! :dude:

And don't bother of the Chinkis here in DFI. They are either CCP paid minions or Porki trollers disguised as Chinkis (or any other foreign nationals).:crazy::crazy::crazy:

@ezsasa Exactly..

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

You are being too dismissive of the PLA there.. The fact that Indian Army hasn't undertaken any operation to restore the status quo ante, means that IA/GOI do not share you esteemed opinion of PLA incompetence..
Yes, PLA's lack of recent battlefield experience would be a handicap. But, would it be such a huge handicap that India can rest assured of victory..?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
It's a free country mate, people can say what they want with reasonable restrictions.
Good thing to remind ourselves on Independence Day 2020, both of our neighbours to east and west do not have this freedom.
No, it's not promotion. Its called simply 'sharing the thoughts'. And we live in a free country, aren't we? And this is a public open forum!!! :dude:

And don't bother of the Chinkis here in DFI. They are either CCP paid minions or Porki trollers disguised as Chinkis (or any other foreign nationals).:crazy::crazy::crazy:

@ezsasa Exactly..
Well I am not stopping you from posting the Chinese paid or not paid propaganda create a different thread for our fellow Chinese/pakmullahs DFIans and cary on. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles