India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaaleshwaar

Country flag
Hope to god that there is some announcement or even some hint or sign or anything today or else chances of us doing something become slim.

Bhurki

This is not all of a sudden its just that as days and months pass by and winter comes closer what many people feared is happening.

The fear that we won't fight back.
Well, that has been clear for quite some time now, hasnt it?
If there was to be a counterhold of territory or an attack, it would have happened within a week of the incident. Thats just how long the honeymoon period lasts when a force is expected to retaliate.
Once you miss that period of 7-10 days, any aggression that you show is seen is escalatory.

Eg - Iran firing ballistic missiles at US base after suleimani's death.

Knowitall

Well, that has been clear for quite some time now, hasnt it.
If there was to be a counterhold of territory or an attack, it would have happened within a week of the incident. Thats just how long the honeymoon period lasts when a force is expected to retaliate.
Once you miss that period of 7-10 days, any aggression that you show is seen is escalatory.
That's quite true but most people here including me were actually hoping that the wait would be worth it seems that's not the case anymore.

Bhurki

That's quite true but most people here including me were actually hoping that the wait would be worth it seems that's not the case anymore.
Wait would be worth for what?

If a limited retaliation would've happened, like Iran hitting US base with BM after suliemani (to which the US didnt even respond back, after its own base being hit !!! ), not only the national morale could've been kept high, but aggressor would've understood the going would get tough from here on.

Any military step taken now will just give the enemy a chance to retaliate, and it is upto them to choose the scale of retaliation.

nick_indian

Country flag
Sorry I am not a world citizen but I am an Indian so I can tell only my version and this is not a debate.
Btw GB is not expansionism but Akhand Bharat is..
Expansionists also make claims based on their own country's versions of history. I am not debating. Just made a point.

Anyway, I personally believe that taking or trying to take any Muslim dominated area from Pakistan by force would be counter productive. Would just be another pain in the ass like Kashmir Valley.

If we can, we should just take some uninhabited land or areas inhabited by pro India population, if any.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Wow, this thread has become quite pessimistic all of a sudden.
The longer this current weird situation drags on, and the more dumb, generic comments we hear from the establishment about age of expansionism/peaceful country - the more things will get anxious, nasty and pessimistic.

I've been trying very hard to keep a cool head, and keep faith in the leadership, but without some significant, visible action in the near future - even I won't be able to contain myself forever.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Expansionists also make claims based on their own country's versions of history. I am not debating. Just made a point.

Anyway, I personally believe that taking or trying to take any Muslim dominated area from Pakistan by force would be counter productive. Would just be another pain in the ass like Kashmir Valley.

If we can, we should just take some uninhabited land or areas inhabited by pro India population, if any.
GB is a tempting target. So is Sindh Baluchistan. Muslim is not the issue. Issue is how amenable population is to India's goals.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The longer this current weird situation drags on, and the more dumb, generic comments we hear from the establishment about age of expansionism/peaceful country - the more things will get anxious, nasty and pessimistic.

I've been trying very hard to keep a cool head, and keep faith in the leadership, but without some significant, visible action in the near future - even I won't be able to contain myself forever.
Not much is likely to happen immediately if that is what you expect. The war will likely start from middle east.

We are very close to a world war.

revenge002

Country flag
Annual report of ministry of transport india 2019-20 road projects in northeast and boundry states with china
Screenshot_2020-08-15-00-03-56-847_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg
Screenshot_2020-08-15-00-03-06-338_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles