India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarjen

And the declaration of independence should come before Taiwan builds serious amphibious warfare capabilities.. Like 10 Type 75 LHDs would pose a serious threat to Taiwan. .Right now China has just one..
even now China can take Taiwan by force after paying a heavy price,,, but if US decided to stop then china can't. Taiwan is strategic location to western Pacific and the US Tech investments in taiwan are very high to lose it out to China not to mention the question of trusting US as a Protectorate. So US will get involved.

Maybe current stand off with India can be also a message not to get involved...who knows, but they calculated wrongly

Knowitall

I disagree.

Why conflate land lost to China in past with current military action which India took and pushed China back on two occasions under current dispensation?

The grey areas existed all the time, patrolled by 2 soldiers before or 200 now, they were always grey.

You can argue that nuclear deterrence will fail once nukes are tossed and we will lose the precious numbers. But here you are surrendering them as non viable assets which do not make into any operational or tactical calculation leave alone strategic. I am sorry this sound simplistic and pessimistic.

Nuclear deterrence is not nuclear war fighting only because the numbers are said to be limited. In India’s case the ambiguity is quite thick, the know how is very advance, the fissile material is abundant, production cog wheels are well oiled, the threshold is quite low and prescription is well justifiable given Chinese and Pakistani nuclear posturing is only directed at us. These coward bat eaters Chinese do not even send their type 092 and 094 on deterrence patrol against USA.

Peaceniks always play safe and win by betting their money and guesses on deescalation without talking about aggressive posturing which includes nuclear trigger that actually brings about the so called de-escalation.

Please feel free to disagree but I will always bring in Nukes and bay for Chinese blood. Finding excuses not to fight them may be more popular with many but the Indian soilders and their leaders are ready to fight them even with pocket knives.

Yes I know grey areas always existed but what I was saying is that they don't exist anymore chinese have occupied those now.

My whole point is that they have even occupied those grey areas which was our former territory.

So where do we draw the line when do we say enough is enough?

Indian soldiers yes Indian leaders no this is where you are wrong Indian leaders have time and time again shown they don't have the appetite for a large war.

Balakot is the best example pakistan was defending terrorists they had attacked us everything was on our side they were the aggressors and yet when the best time to attack them arrived we backed out.

Your view of nukes is not wrong at all but what you are indeed getting wrong here is the will of the establishment to actually use them as a tool of diplomacy or deterrence.

You can say that the govt is willing to fight but all I am pointing out to you is the reality on the ground there are no updates except useless talks media has mostly left this topic the govt toio has been very careful to not bring out this topic.

I only point out to you what is happening right in front of my eyes.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
even now China can take Taiwan by force after paying a heavy price,,, but if US decided to stop then china can't. Taiwan is strategic location to western Pacific and the US Tech investments in taiwan are very high to lose it out to China not to mention the question of trusting US as a Protectorate. So US will get involved.

Maybe current stand off with India can be also a message not to get involved...who knows, but they calculated wrongly
Did they?

Let's say China starts hostilities with Taiwan/USA in SCS. Do we have faith that India will take that chance and attack?

The threat of two front still exists. India will not move a muscle as war rages on and will lose goodwill after the end.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Guys we are moving towards war. Make no mistake entire Kashmir is at risk. It is not only Ladakh.

The government cannot rush into a war. There are nukes on all sides and everybody understands the repercussions of all out escalation.

The war will be intense and long. No short border war anymore. We are looking at a defining moment in history.

johnq

In case of war, taking back land from China becomes necessary so this Chinese invasion does not happen in the future. The Chinese have to be pushed back beyond the mountains and valleys of the Himalayas, otherwise India will be fighting the same war every year and the soldiers' sacrifices would have been for nothing.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Guys we are moving towards war. Make no mistake entire Kashmir is at risk. It is not only Ladakh.

The government cannot rush into a war. There are nukes on all sides and everybody understands the repercussions of all out escalation.

The war will be intense and long. No short border war anymore. We are looking at a defining moment in history.
Okay, what made you think war is imminent?

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
Lol these handles :crying: :hail:. If China is indeed planning then how come he knows about that.
Anyways we should be prepared for anything at least. Sept OCT months are going to be critical.
The desire for information is natural, but I fail to understand how people can take these anonymous accounts seriously. Likewise, there is a lot of hyping in this thread about war coming soon, but this seems to be based on no real credible information.

garg_bharat

Country flag
The desire for information is natural, but I fail to understand how people can take these anonymous accounts seriously. Likewise, there is a lot of hyping in this thread about war coming soon, but this seems to be based on no real credible information.
I think you need info direct from James bond.

Who u trust is up to you. Trusting anonymous accounts in the current age of government disinformation can be beneficial.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Need to fix Bureaucracy. There are Startup's that can do well in defences we need such companies that are willing to R&D and not just copy paste stuff.

Make our system like that of Israel. Israeli bureaucrats scout for companies and offer them cheap loans to set up business.

We need a massive mobilization and motivation to encourage companies to enter manufacturing in big way. I think that NPA time is almost over and now new phase of investment will begin in most transparent way. I foresee a solid based manufacturing surge before 2024 and India take a giant leap amongs international economies and substituting china in a big way.

Economic, political and strategic isolation of china has begun. I foresee china marginalized and losing all its shine. By Next year, India will be a trade surplus economy and in my opinion, INR will start strengthening. This will help India to achieve 5 Tr USD economy goal much sooner than expected.

scatterStorm

Country flag
And the declaration of independence should come before Taiwan builds serious amphibious warfare capabilities.. Like 10 Type 75 LHDs would pose a serious threat to Taiwan. .Right now China has just one..
Chinese are building LHDs very quickly. What's the no. of these? I think it was 2 or 3 are already there, right? 10LHD with Few hundred Anti ship missiles are enough to pose the threat to these. Just these ASMs should work when they are required.

scatterStorm

Country flag

Jay99

Country flag

While war is imminent however i dont see a prolonged war..it might at best last for 3 weeks however porki's will pay a heavy price let alone the chinese

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
While war is imminent however i dont see a prolonged war..it might at best last for 3 weeks however porki's will pay a heavy price let alone the chinese
Long conventional wars between countries are largely a thing of the past now. With the exception of long term invasion + foreign occupations like AFG or Iraq.

A situation like the current one between India and China cannot start a long war, it's not really justifiable. On the other hand, if there is some severe threat or provocation (think 26/11 or 9/11) - then we may see a more grand, long-lasting war. But even those types of wars will be executed in much quicker fashion than they would have been in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles