India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
do you really believe china stopped their aggression in the border because of our mirror deployments? or perhaps, we went on a shopping spree? or maybe we now own 5 rafales? or is it because the USA gave full support to INDIA by sending 1 carrier battle group to south china sea and 1 carrier battle group to the Arabian Sea;
China stopped their aggression?
You talk as if China was planning a war.. Chinese forces levels and the resulting Indian mirror deployments, meant they never had the local superiority to overwhelm India. If they had any intention for war, the Chinese would have went to the trouble of atleast firing a bullet.. They would have occupied areas outside of no man's land.. In any India China war, the limitations of Chinese basing in Indian ocean, ensure that Naval engagements would be minimum.. And US will never risk its personnel for India. So, these aircraft carrier tours dont count for much.. Yes, the US diplomatic support makes a difference, but, the chinese would have played it differently if they ever wanted to capture sub sector north, in a suprise attack.

And tell me dude, how has Trump benefitted India in the economic realm ? He has been worse than obama, as he is a proteectionist at heart, has withdrawn GSP, put tariff on indian steel.. and so on.. Its just that he has screwed China much harder..
Yds, Biden might be bad, but, nothing that India cannot manage.

Last edited:

LDev

Country flag
"This needs political/diplomatic solution".....:shock:

Don't people who make such pronouncements realize that unilateral action on the ground or war happens precisely because of the failure of diplomacy. After the highest political office holder in India has met the highest political officer holder in China 18 times since 2014 the PLA has taken unilateral action on the ground on multiple occasions. If this does not indicate the failure of diplomacy I don't know what does. How did people who make sure pronouncements get into the IAS/IFS/IPS etc?

BangaliBabu

Country flag

Don't people who make such pronouncements realize that unilateral action on the ground or war happens precisely because of the failure of diplomacy. After the highest political office holder in India has met the highest political officer holder in China 18 times since 2014 the PLA has taken unilateral action on the ground on multiple occasions. If this does not indicate the failure of diplomacy I don't know what does. How did people who make sure pronouncements get into the IAS/IFS/IPS etc?
that's why they are IAS/IPS/IFS.

IAS - Indian Apathy Service

IPS - Indian Pass-time Service

IFS - Indian Flunking Service

Sehwag213

Country flag

What he means to say that this requires intervention from top. Military level talk won't cut it.

cereal killer

Country flag
You talk as if China was planning a war.. Chinese forces levels and the resulting Indian mirror deployments, meant they never had the local superiority to overwhelm India. If they had any intention for war, the Chinese would have went to the trouble of atleast firing a bullet.. They would have occupied areas outside of no man's land.. In any India China war, the limitations of Chinese basing in Indian ocean, ensure that Naval engagements would be minimum.. And US will never risk its personnel for India. So, these aircraft carrier tours dont count for much.. Yes, the US diplomatic support makes a difference, but, the chinese would have played it differently if they ever wanted to capture sub sector north, in a suprise attack.

And tell me dude, how has Trump benefitted India in the economic realm ? He has been worse than obama, as he is a proteectionist at heart, has withdrawn GSP, put tariff on indian steel.. and so on.. Its just that he has screwed China much harder..
Trump has not been too good to India too. Regardless who wins I doubt it matters much. Quad is operational already & Pentagon wants good ties with India. We may able to manipulate Biden administration well too.
Trump is not India's saviour. He was/is a business minded person.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

You talk as if China is not preparing for war.

if china is not preparing for the war then please tell me, what are they doing by openly challenging our IA at lac? are they doing picnic by crossing LAC and denying our patrols or are they doing sightseeing? defying LAC and occupying no-mans-land is act of aggression and war. you are mistaken if you think war means limited to firing bullets and missiles only. in modern days war comes in many forms.

china is on war with INDIA since past decade, they have openly armed porkistan against INDIA, openly supported and defended terrorists, and masterminds of the Mumbai attack at UN. openly using their proxy countries like Nepal, Srilanka to provoke INDIA, its matter of time before Bangladesh joins in.. on behest of china, porkistan is bypassing the mighty rihad and mobilizing all 57 Islamic countries to gather support for Kashmir cause, china openly opposed our entry to NSG, UNCS. oh yes, not to forget dhoklam and 2013 Daulat Beg Oldi incident... heck they recently planned military aggression near Galway valley killing and injuring many of our soldiers. do you know? china is about to deliver 18-24 brand new warships to porkistan navy by 2022-2024?

-does any of these sound like an act of war to you?

Yes, Trump is nationalist and protectionist, similar to Modi and Xi Jinping. no one can blame trump for that.. but as long as trump is POTUS, we have true friend in Whitehouse and trump will do whatever he can to help or support INDIA if war breaks out.. and the only trump has balls to stop Chinese aggression globally. The USA will need INDIA as mush as INDIA will need USA to put check on Chinese dominance. the same statement cannot be applied to other friendly nations like Russia, isreal or France.

Name one single statement or comment from Joe Biden against china till today? - i dare you..

India can't even manage tattus like oli, Hasina and Rajapaksa and yet we dream of managing POTUS. I am merely asking peoples to wake up. there are 535 senators in USA and 1/3 of the campaign managers are either from china and few are from pakistan.

that being said, I will rest with my case stating "if Biden wins, both USA and INDIA will be anally raped"..

garg_bharat

Country flag
Okay.

That said, I don't have any confidence the political establishment will listen to IA. The reason no political talks are happening because they're afraid of the political costs and trying to solve it via military talks and if adverse blowback occurs, to blame it on army.
Nobody is blaming the army.

What I see is war only. But not immediately.

garg_bharat

Country flag

A USA China conflict will precede India China conflict.

An event in SCS or with Iran is far more likely than in vicinity of India in near future.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Deescalation Hogaya Kya? :lehappy:

India, China to hold senior military-level talks, disengagement at friction areas on agenda

India asks China to pull back troops, cease further construction in Depsang sector in Ladakh at military talks

BC, bita kal subha se Deescalation ki baatein horahe hai.. :frusty: abh tak toh chai biscuit ka stock bhi khatam hogaya hoga

garg_bharat

Country flag
Deescalation Hogaya Kya? :lehappy:

India, China to hold senior military-level talks, disengagement at friction areas on agenda

India asks China to pull back troops, cease further construction in Depsang sector in Ladakh at military talks

BC, bita kal subha se Deescalation ki baatein horahe hai.. :frusty: abh tak toh chai biscuit ka stock bhi khatam hogaya hoga
Bhai ess chai ka slowly slowly maja lo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles