India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhay Rajput 02

I read this article earlier today and except for that supposed quote the rest of the article was informative.

If that quote is true though, I was wondering what on earth is the thinking....."undermines trust"? Didnt that happen when they parked themselves there in the first place.?...and it's not a deal breaker.? What type of deal are these guys selling in the first place..?

Btw, the point made that India had a permanent presence till Kargil war at finger 7 is an eye opener if true.
Well , welcome to the reality my friend. This is the thinking of babus who will solve the standoff . They will again leave some area under Chinese control . Believe me finger 7 was nothing as army was never in dominating positions there, also logistics were a grave issue. There is an area where we have to withdraw even while having army superiority in numbers . I mean army even outflank Chinese in circle yet our babus in there wisdom decided to give that area up. Sometimes I wonder if it wasn't for the army , we would have lost Leh by now. This incident hasn't changed our babus behaviour at all. They are still hindi chini Chini bhai bhai. We should just make peace with the border as it is and forget about akasi hind , otherwise we would lost leh also. Chutiyapa of highest order. Let me tell you that Chinese aren't going to move back from finger areas, and even if they did , then they want a permanent bunkers at finger 4 dominating ridge to look for Indian army positions . New LAC has been formed and babus had agreed to it. And the worst part is that indian general population would be in dark as in the past, and keep buying Chinese products and giving them money. When a nation is ruled by idiots(babus) what more can you except.

Brood Father

Country flag

By the way GoI responded, but that’s procedural..
=======
These ridiculous assertions have neither legal validity nor international credibility. In fact, this new effort only confirms the reality of Pakistan's obsession with territorial aggrandisement supported by cross-border terrorism: Government of India

This is an escalation. Actually this is all at behest of China ..Pakistan Nepal have started to trouble india and soon you will see Srilanka and Bangladesh joining the band wagon
Again the only solution is to test 4MT bomb and MIRV ..it will give you peace for next 10 years

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
On the contrary what India needs is a good rifle for the soldier, a good fighter aircraft for the pilot and good missiles as well. Against China, India needs full spectrum capability covering all aspects of a potential conflict. India should not view the China conflict as a border war because as of now, it is a border war for China because India's non nuclear land reach is limited to China's border, but China's non nuclear land reach has a capacity to strike deep into India. Against Pakistan it is a different matchup. On a purely border matchup basis I think India will get the better of China as of now if there is a full scale border war. But that will not make China go away. Just as killing 45-50 of their soldiers did not make them dis-engage from the Galwan valley until talks were held.
My purpose of making such comment was to convey what so many military and strategy commentators have ben saying. That in spite of a nuclear capabilities with two competing side possibility of a conventional wars always exist albiet with deterrence of final order and dterrence against an all out war.

In fact in our context Pakistan has felt embolden to carry out unconventional war activities in the form of terrorism and even military operations in Kargil. Similarly skirmishes and military confrontations between India and China of a magnitude less than an all out war is always a possibility.

Conclusion - India must maintain robust nuclear capabilities but also maintain a sound ability to achieve national interests through conventional wars.

Need to make such a comment is felt because it is a fact that a sizeable influential group in India particularly amongst bureaucrats and Police officials including some think tanks have been selling the line that in the light of India's nuclear capabilities, India need not maintain a robust conventional Forces.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
This is what babudom run democracy gives u, now people like her will go on to suck blood of the army.
Yes. some of them may remain in that rut of being anti establishment like Mr Hidayatulla and ex-Foreign Service Officer Mr Ansari but some others turn out to be excellent bureaucrats. The Muslim intellectual class like Zaved Akhtar or Irafn Habib and majority of them, unfortunately, are more fundamentalists and under the spell of the dream of their old Mogul Empires. Some are rabid enough to be termed as Pakistanis left behind in India by Pakistan. But some of them though very few, are rational and accommodative.

She must be around 24 and there would be sufficient time to expect behavioral changes in the new setup and culture. The student behavior does undergo changes after joining service otherwise 80 percent of All India Services and Class A Services by virtue of their education and selection process are typical leftists or left-leaning. Strangely they became the apostle of corruption, politics, yes manship, and worst bureaucratic behavior.

daya

Country flag
The only people, whose clear interest would be to bring up the nuclear option, in military matters ,concerning India's conventional forces, are Pakistanis.
Do we have such devices which demolished buildings in half mile area in Beirut. Such devices will be very useful against China. Just check the mushroom shaped cloud(not in this picture) ..lebanon-beirut-blast-660.jpg

Last edited:

Cheran

Country flag
Do we have such devices which demolished buildings in half mile area in Beirut. Such devices will be very useful against China. Just check the mushroom shaped cloud(not in this picture) ..View attachment 55464
As per reports this is caused by Sodium Nitrate that was stored.

We have our Garuthma 1000kg glide bombs for destroying air fields.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
This is an escalation. Actually this is all at behest of China ..Pakistan Nepal have started to trouble india and soon you will see Srilanka and Bangladesh joining the band wagon
Again the only solution is to test 4MT bomb and MIRV ..it will give you peace for next 10 years
No.. the solution is a military escalation with China.. and a scenario wherein China is humiliated and forced to withdraw a significant distance in aksai Chin.. Also good television coverage of stacked up invincible chinese dead bodies.. and chinese pows would help a lot.. to shutup the sidekicks like Nepal and Pakistan
Now, we might not possess such a capability is another matter.. :)
Discounting the above scenario, we needn't actually do anything.. unless Pakistan or Nepal, take some action on the ground that directly harms India in a major way.. With Nepal, we have a lot of options to kill them.. but hope that Nepal does not make a stupid move.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yes, there is no other option except military action. When China realises that India can initiate offensive action, the things will start moving towards normalcy.
that's what has been happening so far, every time there was news of more troops movements from indian side, news of disengagement of PLA from patrol points come with in days there after.

cereal killer

Country flag
Frankly even after so many kicks in the balls (or in the ass, as they dont have balls) our Globalization fuddu chuxxxxs cannot impose serious Economic Sanctions against China. Nepal & Pak claiming new territories inside India and we are doing Peace & Global Value Chain Bhajan
Tbh no need to get frustrated over this. Pakistanis already dream to claim whole India & we vice versa. That was not unexpected totally acting on China's behalf. Only thing I am disappointed is why the hell not we are establishing a diplomatic ties with Taiwan & negotiate them to release a new map of China which excludes Aksai Chin & AP.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Solid thukai chahiye tabhi shaant honge ye.

View attachment 55469
Occupying the Pamirs will stop India from linking up with Central asia and russia for energy supplies, in case India summons the will and the capability to take over Gilgit Baltistan in the future.. But probably, Cho Yao Lu did not have India on his mind when he composed the article.. I am prone to exaggerating India's importance .. :cruisin2:

Country flag
Occupying the Pamirs will stop India from linking up with Central asia and russia for energy supplies, in case India summons the will and the capability to take over Gilgit Baltistan in the future.. But probably, Cho Yao Lu did not have India on his mind when he composed the article.. I am prone to exaggerating India's importance .. :cruisin2:
very far fetched scenario. We cannot even take POK forget GB and central asia.

Kumata

Country flag
At times, I think we should claim whole pakistan and tibet citing some 17th century treaty between KIngs of Srinagar and tibet....

this absurdness of bat munchers need to be stopped.. next they will claim whole asia is theirs as per MAP of 1 st century..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles