India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmitG

Country flag
The reason we need to liberate atleast part of Tibet is that we need buffer and control of the water there in friendly hands.

Rest we can finance the Tibetan insurgents and they can fight their own liberation.
Bhai we are not willing to kick the Chinese out of our own territory. Tibet toh bahut dooor ki bath hai.

mokoman

Country flag
Bringing the discussion back from political to apolitical side of things.

These can go across the pass and occupy a convenient feature on the other side. Then they will sit tight, forcing the PLA to react – either through an assault or through negotiations.

Isn't this what we did in 1962 ?

Chinese and Indian troops circling and interlocking each other.

In response to Indian outposts encircling Chinese positions, Chinese forces would build more outposts to counter-encircle these Indian positions.[SUP][54][/SUP] This pattern of encirclement and counter-encirclement resulted in an interlocking, chessboard-like deployment of Chinese and Indian forces.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@LETHALFORCE

these kind of bombers are used for area denials and area destructions. for example, the bombers can be used to destroy enemy airbases, enemy camps, civilians structures and populations, enemy forward positions, the reserves and ammo storage.

if i was Chinese general, then i will use the h6 heavies to take out
  • leh airbase
  • dbo airbase
  • take out INDIA army camp where modi and rakhsha mantri gave out that infamous speech in ladakh,
  • carpet bomb finger 2, 3
  • carpet bomb mirror formation at depsang plains.
  • carpet bomb other storage and dumps and reserves.
  • etc
it won't be easy for the bombers to break our air-defense but if they do, then ...
For that you need to have local air superiority.

I highly doubt they will have that.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
But first, public has to be prepared for eventuality of losses & setbacks.
Yeah, that's why wars are preceded by public conditioning. One such very manipulative but stunning example would be the Order of White Feather in England. Crazy, but effective.

For current times, a steady diet of atrocity Literature and Nationalistic movies and jayagathas need to be flooded into the airwaves.

cereal killer

Country flag
These can go across the pass and occupy a convenient feature on the other side. Then they will sit tight, forcing the PLA to react – either through an assault or through negotiations.

Isn't this what we did in 1962 ?

Chinese and Indian troops circling and interlocking each other.

In response to Indian outposts encircling Chinese positions, Chinese forces would build more outposts to counter-encircle these Indian positions.[SUP][54][/SUP] This pattern of encirclement and counter-encirclement resulted in an interlocking, chessboard-like deployment of Chinese and Indian forces.
Though I agree with the Gen as removing them physically from Pangong will also involve using force so he is suggesting a counter intrusion that may or may not get kinetic.
But he is saying crossing Karakoram pass with light artillery but just above that lies heavily defended Shenxiawan post. So any action there will sure trigger the war & immediate IAF operations will be needed.
Chumar seems to be the safest option to intrude.

mokoman

Country flag
Yeah, that's why wars are preceded by public conditioning. One such very manipulative but stunning example would be the Order of White Feather in England. Crazy, but effective.

For current times, a steady diet of atrocity Literature and Nationalistic movies and jayagathas need to be flooded into the airwaves.
With 20 dead , public will accept a conflict with the Chinese.

I doubt any amount of conditioning will prepare our people or our media for any setback or losses.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The only reason I am not replying point by point is...already promised a member I'll not criticise till end of Aug.

Anyway, so I'll not talk about chai biscoot for now. Just one thing though.

"OoOOh DoNT Criticise Modi Nahi toh Congress aa Jayega" lmao. Haan pata hai na. Agar koi air Hindu nationalist option hota toh pressure mein rehta ye Sarkar.
Notice de rahe ho kya ki August tak war nahi hua to Pappu ko vote daal dunga ? 😂

Sanglamorre

Country flag

I doubt any amount of conditioning will prepare our people or our media for any setback or losses.
What kind of setback or loss are we talking about?

A chauhan

Country flag

IAF has to play the most important role in it, and IAF is dependent on MKIs more than anything else. If MKIs are problem free (sensor miscommunication issue) then it's a go go otherwise be ready for tight slap and losing half of fleet.​

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Notice de rahe ho kya ki August tak war nahi hua to Pappu ko vote daal dunga ? 😂
I was thinking when you'll resort to that again. IT cell ho kya Bhai? Congressi and Pappu k alawa bhi cheezein Hain. Ye Modi ki 9D chess nahi accha laga toh congressi hai ye soch badi buri hai.

Anyway, politics Ka thread hai Nahi ye. What I meant was end of August should be indication enough to what is going to happen.

AmitG

Country flag
Though I agree with the Gen as removing them physically from Pangong will also involve using force so he is suggesting a counter intrusion that may or may not get kinetic.
But he is saying crossing Karakoram pass with light artillery but just above that lies heavily defended Shenxiawan post. So any action there will sure trigger the war & immediate IAF operations will be needed.
Chumar seems to be the safest option to intrude.
Occupying Karakoram pass will definitely trigger a war. But I would think there would be other options and targets.

A chauhan

Country flag
I was thinking when you'll resort to that again. IT cell ho kya Bhai? Congressi and Pappu k alawa bhi cheezein Hain. Ye Modi ki 9D chess nahi accha laga toh congressi hai ye soch badi buri hai.

Anyway, politics Ka thread hai Nahi ye. What I meant was end of August should be indication enough to what is going to happen.
Kahe ka chess ? Ok for August part. If Chinese are found in wrong areas after August I'll also criticize govt. That's what we are doing here keeping fingers crossed.

But I might still give govt more time looking at the circumstances.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Kahe ka chess ? Ok for August part. If Chinese are found in wrong areas after August I'll also criticize govt. That's what we are doing here keeping fingers crossed.

But I might still give govt more time looking at the circumstances.
Here is my prediction.. Right now Chinese are at Finger 5.. after going back a little from Finger 4. End of August, they might go back to Finger 6. Then, end of September Chinese will go back to Finger 8.. I sometimes feel that more than holding a few dozen square kilometers of territory.. they want to embarass India and Modi, by forcing us to do repeated Naagin dance, with this Corps-Commander talks..
But, if by the beginning of winter, China pulls back to Finger 8, then, I would still be happy with Modi.. if he/Army negotiators manage to achieve this without a war..

A chauhan

Country flag
Here is my prediction.. Right now Chinese are at Finger 5.. after going back a little from Finger 4. End of August, they might go back to Finger 6. Then, end of September Chinese will go back to Finger 8.. I sometimes feel that more than holding a few dozen square kilometers of territory.. they want to embarass India and Modi, by forcing us to do repeated Naagin dance, with this Corps-Commander talks..
But, if by the beginning of winter, China pulls back to Finger 8, then, I would still be happy with Modi.. if he/Army negotiators manage to achieve this without a war..
This might have been written in their war philosophy perhaps. They were in Arunachal in 62 but didn't keep it. Perhaps they like to scare their enemies by constant pushing, may be.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

It’s probably going to be October, that’s when the CCP big meeting is happening.

mokoman

Country flag
This might have been written in their war philosophy perhaps. They were in Arunachal in 62 but didn't keep it. Perhaps they like to scare their enemies by constant pushing, may be.
I think they couldn't keep AP as its on our side of Himalayas.

They have a hardon for Tawang . will keep barking till end of universe for it.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
It’s probably going to be October, that’s when the CCP big meeting is happening.
They might even announce the names of those chinese soldiers killed around that time.. hailing them as martyrs to extract some propoganda juice at home... but keep the number strategically to a few less than 20.. ahem .. well the others who died around that time, died in an accident, or a heart attack .. ( just like their Momin Iron brothers.. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles