India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Now our amatuer propaganda by our amateurs defense enthusiast. Hope we also have a high grade military propaganda machine's.
If hal give this video maker a contract for defence equipment's video's the video maker's can do wonderful thing's, but that will require a consideration, Meeting's after meeting's and then if the HAL considered worth giving contractor's then the contract will be strucked's due to funding's issue's.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If hal give this video maker a contract for defence equipment's video's the video maker's can do wonderful thing's, but that will require a consideration, Meeting's after meeting's and then if the HAL considered worth giving contractor's then the contract will be strucked's due to funding's issue's.
There are too many issues involved there...
one of the major issue is is between the Army and IAF. IAF controls all air assests in so far as the technical aspects is concerned. They are the one who draw specification. issue GSQR and carry out trail etc.

IAF was of the view that attack helicopters are IAF plateforms but when they saw the necessity of giving that to Army also. then they drew down the specifications and almost made it a light attacke helicopter.

The major issue now with this platform is ATGM. This is the platform designed and tailor made for mountains and High Altitudes beingmore suitable.

The Army and IAF must force their way through and equip this with helfire or Spke LR. Let NAG / Helina remain in the pit.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The argument's between External ATGM's versus Internal's ATGM's

Well this issue was not raised in IDF's but I think it is worth giving a shot's.

I'll address the internal ATGM vs external ATGM issue. External ATGMs require stuff mounted on the outside of the tank, outside the armor of the tank. It can be disabled and blown off by anti-infantry artillery shelling and so on. Likewise, an external ATGM mount would interfere with the placement of ERA on the tank. And with regard to your kill-chain vs system of systems thing, you have to remember, when it comes to a T 90's, any attempt by a T 90's without a good ATGM to destroy a MBT is going to be a kill-chain business, as it has to cue another firing platform to do the destruction for it.

Basically, I think our dispute can be simplified to one simple thing, are things going according to plan or are things not going according to plan? If things are going according to plan, then your entire line of argument is justified because the system of systems is working. If things are NOT going according to plan, which is going to happen when you engage any competent opponent, then redundancies, and capabilities like I'm suggesting matter, because if your system of systems is disrupted, you want individual components to be versatile enough to adapt to the disrupted situation.

The reason I think things will go according to plan is that the we still pack's experience working under modern combat conditions. But, honestly, we've What I've suggested is not like one of those American AFVs that got killed on the drawing board that ended up weighing around 80 tons because they wanted the platform to be capable of everything. The suggestion is simply retrofitting a missile to capabilities that others have already developed and that the we have has shown capable of developing or Inducting through forgein's mean's. If you don't think this is a valid expense, then you don't think this is a valid expense, and it doesn't matter because it's the troop's that's making the development and purchasing decision, not either you or I.

Bhadra ji please bache par reham karna I am not a expert on Armored warfare's, so don't therw tomato's.

Indrajit

Country flag
It was hoax. Here I said it is not possible to drop India from Chabahar. India lobbied in US for not sanctioning port project and succeeded. No India in that port means no Port project.
I think one should be circumspect while making that assertion, the Iranians are simply saying there was no contract with India on the train project, so the question of dropping does not arise.

The same end result as dropping.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Well this issue was not raised in IDF's but I think it is worth giving a shot's.

I'll address the internal ATGM vs external ATGM issue. External ATGMs require stuff mounted on the outside of the tank, outside the armor of the tank. It can be disabled and blown off by anti-infantry artillery shelling and so on. Likewise, an external ATGM mount would interfere with the placement of ERA on the tank. And with regard to your kill-chain vs system of systems thing, you have to remember, when it comes to a T 90's, any attempt by a T 90's without a good ATGM to destroy a MBT is going to be a kill-chain business, as it has to cue another firing platform to do the destruction for it.

Basically, I think our dispute can be simplified to one simple thing, are things going according to plan or are things not going according to plan? If things are going according to plan, then your entire line of argument is justified because the system of systems is working. If things are NOT going according to plan, which is going to happen when you engage any competent opponent, then redundancies, and capabilities like I'm suggesting matter, because if your system of systems is disrupted, you want individual components to be versatile enough to adapt to the disrupted situation.

The reason I think things will go according to plan is that the we still pack's experience working under modern combat conditions. But, honestly, we've What I've suggested is not like one of those American AFVs that got killed on the drawing board that ended up weighing around 80 tons because they wanted the platform to be capable of everything. The suggestion is simply retrofitting a missile to capabilities that others have already developed and that the we have has shown capable of developing or Inducting through forgein's mean's. If you don't think this is a valid expense, then you don't think this is a valid expense, and it doesn't matter because it's the troop's that's making the development and purchasing decision, not either you or I.

Bhadra ji please bache par reham karna I am not a expert on Armored warfare's, so don't therw tomato's.

NO NO please. I am no one. I am sorry if I ticked you off somewhere... I am only a member like you...:hail:

WARREN SS

Country flag
The machine is toothless without ATGM.....

One biggest area where DRDO has been a big let down and almost betrayed the Country is ATGM.. so many years ...
Can Substitute With SPIKE ER or ER II for Meanwhile
That Doesn't Stop it From induction
Also With Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System or APKWS you can Increase Accuracy And Range Of Hydra-70 and add guided capabilities

Last edited:
Country flag

China uses corrupt leaders to make inroads into economically weaker countries like Nepal

mokoman

Country flag

I'll address the internal ATGM vs external ATGM issue. External ATGMs require stuff mounted on the outside of the tank, outside the armor of the tank.

:notsure: internal ATGM ?
You can place ATGM inside a tank ?

i think he was talking about helicopters.

The whole "anything that flies belong to IAF" seem like nonsense , the excuse they gave i think was that we don't have enough air assets for both army and IAF , so IAF will keep everything.i could be wrong tho .

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'll address the internal ATGM vs external ATGM issue. External ATGMs require stuff mounted on the outside of the tank, outside the armor of the tank.

The whole "anything that flies belong to IAF" seem like nonsense , the excuse they gave i think was that we don't have enough air assets for both army and IAF , so IAF will keep everything.i could be wrong tho .
Yes atgm's can be launched through tank's.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Disengagement between India and China intricate, requires constant verification: Indian Army
So that means our troops would go and check the construction of Chini since Chini never keep their words and first grade backstabbers. Boy-Pee-Boiled-Egg eater Chini are humiliated by 40-100 PLA dead and the subsequent backoff. So they would try something again.

The recent discussion took marathon 15 hours. So another skirmish coming up soon? :hmm:

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

images (3).jpeg

Tank's launched's ATGM's this is what i was talking's abouts.

Country flag
So that means our troops would go and check the construction of Chini since Chini never keep their words and first grade backstabbers. Boy-Pee-Boiled-Egg eater Chini are humiliated by 40-100 PLA dead and the subsequent backoff. So they would try something again.

The recent discussion took marathon 15 hours. So another skirmish coming up soon? :hmm:

The rising star was supposedly grilled in Beijing for the humiliation and dishonor he
brought to the hans. Maybe he was acting independently??

nick_indian

Country flag
Offtopic but there are no women on this forum. I have always wondered, why don't women "generally" show any interest in things like geopolitics, strategic affairs etc.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The rising star was supposedly grilled in Beijing for the humiliation and dishonor he
brought to the hans. Maybe he was acting independently??
No from the order and blessing's of the senior's but after the failure's, will face corruptione's charge's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles