India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Your point was valid but no longer valid.
Situation changed since 2018.

War is the only way forward. China OBOR is direct threat to USA in Asia; and since Asia is economic engine of the world, the whole world as consequence.

USA will first lose Asia then Africa and lastly Europe. In Americas, central America is drugs and mafia zone; and South America is mostly sloppy bankrupt or near bankrupt countries.

OBOR is a military project. It's effect on commerce (the intended objective) is miniscule.
US can break the backbone of CPEC/OBOR without going to war directly with china. All that it really needs to do is stoke up insurgencies provide some aid where it wants to fail. It is not going to war directly with mainland hans china. Because some one needs to manufacture those goods. They will be shooting on their foot if they do it now, this is my opinion & we will see who is right about that.

War may happen no doubt, but my moot point is not anytime soon between US-China. May be 2-3 years down the line if US is convinced it can do away with manufacturing in china (if it even happens). And India is most likely on its own to protect borders/prevent salami slicing now. Goi was right in keeping quite & maintain peace with Xi while ramping order infra/security for first 4 years of modi term. Now it needs to walk the talk of defence design/manufacturing in India rather than running outside to buy stuff in troubled times.

garg_bharat

Country flag
A military incident between USA and China within months is very likely.
Could happen in July.
USA will definitely fire a warning shot.

garg_bharat

Country flag
US can break the backbone of CPEC/OBOR without going to war directly with china. All that it really needs to do is stoke up insurgencies provide some aid where it wants to fail. It is not going to war directly with mainland hans china. Because some one needs to manufacture those goods. They will be shooting on their foot if they do it now, this is my opinion & we will see who is right about that.

War may happen no doubt, but my moot point is not anytime soon between US-China. May be 2-3 years down the line if US is convinced it can do away with manufacturing in china (if it even happens). And India is most likely on its own to protect borders/prevent salami slicing now. Goi was right in keeping quite & maintain peace with Xi while ramping order infra/security for first 4 years of modi term. Now it needs to walk the talk of defence design/manufacturing in India rather than running outside to buy stuff in troubled times.
Insurgencies are past. The concept of insurgencies got buried in 2001 New York attack.
Since then it is direct war involving superpowers.

India has to rise to the challenge. But remember one thing - blaming government wont do. There is huge resistance within the military forces to acquire locally made arms. The processes need simplification; and speed needs to be increased for approval and purchase.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hoping and waiting for the Chinese to fuck with Malaysia and Indonesia once. Would be great to have them on our side.
RCEP is proof that ASEAN is a lost cause. They've flipped over to the chicom side long ago. Indonesia is religiously NAMard.

:troll: Maldives former president Abdul Yameen was also charged with corruption , $1 million was "found" in his account .

RAW guys needs to be more creative .

Oli will soon relocate to a jail cell. :pound:
Except this scoop is by a western journalist. So CIA is lending India a hand. Fighting communism is their Kar-seva.

Sehwag213

Country flag
The talk went on till 2 Am ( 14 hrs )
What exactly are they discussing so long ?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I am not in the army. If I were I would have done it. I happen to be a lawyer as luck would have it and I know how to fight on my turf. Also, suggest you be careful about what you write "professional".

Idk what you found so offensive about my post but I certainly don't share your personal fantasies of offering people my bare bottoms. If you so desire, you can share your erotic fantasies on a different forum, this isn't the right place.

What I stated in my post is the harsh reality, in my opinion, which we as Indians need to deal with and find a counter to. If you are too immature to understand that and respond in a "professional" way, you need some growing up to do. Grow some balls and behave like a man instead of writing childish insults on the internet.
You know what you were doing by posting such post..
In Punjabi it is called "Shyapa"... wailing in fear and that is very contagious... like Corona.... very demoralizing...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Insurgencies are past. The concept of insurgencies got buried in 2001 New York attack.
Since then it is direct war involving superpowers.

India has to rise to the challenge. But remember one thing - blaming government wont do. There is huge resistance within the military forces to acquire locally made arms. The processes need simplification; and speed needs to be increased for approval and purchase.
The accusation against the forces is baselss.

Indian Army had acquired INSAS in 1990s with 200 faults with an assurance that those will be rectified.... It is 2020 and major faults still remain...

INSAS (Indian Small Arms System) evolved around 5.56 as the caliber. DRDO and OFB was supposed to design and produce a 5.56 carbine. There are thousands of 5.56 Carbines existing around the world but India Army was kept under a gum tree for 30 years waiting for an acceptable carbine. Instae they offer shitty 7.62 TAR .. ghatak and what not...

Even after 20 years of producing 5.56 ammunition in the country India is required to import vast quantities of 5.56 ammunition for Travors because our ammunition is faulty and pathetic.

Indian Army and IAF have acquired about 78 Rudra - WSI since 2013... but the damn thing is still not equipped with the illusive HELINA and no import of ATGM has been allowed... For seven years 78 helicopter are farting at DRDO.... When Helina does come by that time the helicopters would need an overhaul without firing an ATGM ...Only India can be such a rich country in the world to bear such a wastage India;s defense is hostage to MoD agencies presided over by Defense Secretary..

These are very few examples among thousands how Indian Army has been badly let down by agencies of MoD. And you have an attitudinal itch to blame them..

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
The accusation against the forces is baselss.

Indian Army had acquired INSAS in 1990s with 200 faults with an assurance that those will be rectified.... It is 2020 and major faults still remain...

INSAS (Indian Small Arms System) evolved around 5.56 as the caliber. DRDO and OFB was supposed to design and produce a 5.56 carbine. There are thousands of 5.56 Carbines existing around the world but India Army was kept under a gum tree for 30 years waiting for an acceptable carbine. Instae they offer shitty 7.62 TAR .. ghatak and what not...

Even after 20 years of producing 5.56 ammunition in the country India is required to import vast quantities of 5.56 ammunition for Travors because our ammunition is faulty and pathetic.

Indian Army and IAF have acquired about 78 Rudra - WSI since 2013... but the damn thing is still not equipped with the illusive HELINA and no import of ATGM has been allowed... For seven years 78 helicopter are farting at DRDO.... When Helina does come by that time the helicopters would need an overhaul without firing an ATGM ...Only India can be such a rich country in the world to bear such a wastage India;s defense is hostage to MoD agencies presided over by Defense Secretary..

These are very few examples among thousands how Indian Army has been badly let down by agencies of MoD. And you have an attitudinal itch to blame them..

I am not expert so let us listen to these Defence forces gentlemen.
INSAS story is more complicated than you make out. Your statements are gross over-simplifications.

I have first hand experience of corruption in PSUs (and by extension OFB) and I completely agree that INSAS had poor quality due to shoddy manufacturing.

But now Army has failed to buy from private players as well while GOI is not standing in the way.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Wuhan To Galwan: The Chernobyl Factor - By Lt Gen PR Shankar (Retd) Article explains how the Chinese have miscalculated at each step

SanjeevM

Country flag
The Armed Forces Of India : Unyielding - By Lt Gen PR Shankar (Retd) Article explains how PLA is up against – The Unyielding Hardened Steel.

SanjeevM

Country flag
EXPOSED: Rampant Corporate Frauds by US Listed Chinese Companies Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles