India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

Country flag
Chinese scholars always complain USA is great power because geographicaly secured . It does nt face challenge in its continent . And if china is to replace usa it ll have to secure its perpheri .... And i guess india is a big challenege which claims indian ocean to be its back yard .. ready to choke mallaca . A democracy which shows a sign of economoc rise in future... which challanged it by nt joining obor and standing as a threat to cpec.. They might want to face india 1st .. To send a lesson to other asian countries with out having to directly challange USA . They want to be super power .. we might nt understand them by looking them with our baniya mindset that it ll cost them trade, market etc...

Indrajit

Country flag
Shukla says no one has the guts to put his name on the new alignment... well, he can take it from me PP 14 is under our control and the Chinese do not have any direct observation of the Shyok Valley or the road.

- Gen.V.K.Singh

Good that this has been categorically said.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
View attachment 52916

The Chinese have made great progress, In copying now they have successfully copied the layout and maybe design of the HEMAT Vehicle's. But of course with little difference's.
About that; I've heard and seen from multiple foreigners who lived long time in China about this.

Copying is part of Chinese culture. Rather, they are very very good at making fakes that are indistinguishable from the real thing on surface level. But, it is nowhere near the real thing. It's not just tanks and missiles. It's fake milk, fake Heineken beer, fake medicines, fake vaccine, fake food, fake cardboard-cement buildings, everything.

What's more important for Chinese is 'face' or the appearance. That is their primary social currency.

So, I have a lot of doubt how good their weapons will hold up in real world conditions tbh.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Problem is that i don't think back in those days anyone expected the Commies to be such greedy bast@rds that they would start laying their dirty bat virus eyes on Ladakh and Arunachal too. If anyone had any idea I am certain they would not have accepted the annexation.
Not so.
Nationalists within congress party like Sardar patel & Others were clear about Chinese intentions, they didn’t see CCP different from Chinese imperialists.

Opinions from nationalists were sidelined.

garg_bharat

Country flag
China cannot make India accept OBOR with the threat of arms. It will have quite the opposite effect.

China's actions are very clear - it wants to settle disputes with India militarily. There is no option for India but respond militarily.

The only direction left leads to war.

Country flag
Chinese will always outspend us in an arms race. One way to level this asymmetry is widening the scope of our offense. We must always be on the offensive against China diplomatically. We must induct ethnic Tibetans into our clandestine apparatus, infiltrate Tibet, and carry out not just espionage, but also sabotage. We must begin salami slicing into Pakistan. And most of all, we should be ready to go on the tactical offensive even if we're not fighting to win. Sometimes dealing the enemy a costly victory is an effective way to send a strategic message.
There are many other things we can do other than buying/developing weapons:
start being more active with ASEAN members
secure our neighborhood on eastern side west is gone
build up andaman and nicobar
start making official alliances atleast with Quad nations
have a movement in UN to overhaul P5
Start moving towards an offensive instead of defensive posture

people say we should develop this or that but many things will not be developed
in any hurry

Country flag

Army to order 72,000 assault rifles from United States amid border row

It is a shame even rifles still have to be bought. War industry is close to non exsistent
for small ticket items in India.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
but will ips lobby accept this.
If IPS lobby is above national interests then not possible. So far all bureaucratic interests have been above national interests by virtue of intrinsic nature of bureacracy. This can only be reigned in by powerful political leadership not dependent on bureaucracy. It is here that institutions like Party and think tanks play important roles in providing direction to policies.

Border guarding police organisations can be meshed with the Army's operational plans at level which is the sector and below.

However there we have bigger hurdle - CAPF cadre officers who are struggling to be above IPS.

Solution - Militarization of border guarding CAPF.

Last edited:
Country flag
so pre-emptive mirror deployment is the answer?
keep continuous watch over entire tibet & parts of Xinjiang, when ever there is troop movement from PLA, start acclimatisation & mirror deployment well in advance.
This is a good strategy to spread us thin.Chinese will keep opening new fronts.
We should have done this with Pakis when we had the chance.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
so pre-emptive mirror deployment is the answer?
keep continuous watch over entire tibet & parts of Xinjiang, when ever there is troop movement from PLA, start acclimatisation & mirror deployment well in advance.
Preemption is indeed better than cure. But it has to start with ITBP ... the culture of treating posting on LAC as peace tenure for picnics in Leh has to stop. The attitude towards LAC becomes evident when one gives a few hundred km of LAC to a Mahilla battalion for guarding.

Knowitall

This is a good strategy to spread us thin. We should have done this with Pakis
when we had the chance.
Chances used to be there not anymore.

As much as everyone here likes to act like they know the ways of the world the sad reality is that the government has to indeed factor a desperate nuclear response by pakistan on us.

While it is easy to sit here and say yea people die no big deal we are ready for it but when you are on the hot seat and are shouldering the lives of more than a billion people such decisions don't seem trivial at all.

Even I wish for war but I don't think it's going to happen by our side it will only happen when the other side attacks us a full scale attack that is.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Shukla says no one has the guts to put his name on the new alignment... well, he can take it from me PP 14 is under our control and the Chinese do not have any direct observation of the Shyok Valley or the road.

- Gen.V.K.Singh

Good that this has been categorically said.
Samane Dekh ... door 1000 meters Ek Jhari, Jhari ke Peechhe Pahari. Phari ke Peechhe Khadi uske beech me LAC ... Uske paar Chini ... Jisne dikhhe usane Fire..

Country flag
spread us thin ? mirror deployment would mean grid opposite to theirs will be filled, not all grids.
am i missing something?
They will keep moving their deployments, seems to be the cat and mouse game they are playing. We are focusing on Galwan in the media but there is a lot action in depsang plains that nobody is reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles