India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

An_indian_

Country flag
Chinese subversive, what a joke, they have not travelled 2,000 KM for that, but for stealing
For stealing few sq kilometers,?? Is that all?......... Phewww i was worried they might have some very sinister motives....

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For stealing few sq kilometers,?? Is that all?......... Phewww i was worried they might have some very sinister motives....
I would rather say they have come to steal AP not Ladakh the diversion is play for chinese

Kalki2020

Country flag
PLA begins Pangong pullback ahead of army talks next week.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...army-talks-next-week/articleshow/76883374.cms

According to this report chinese have moved back from finger 4 to finger 5 however they are still to vacate the heights but most worrisome thing is we also pulled back to Dhan Singh Thapa post between Finger-2 and 3.
This is not disengagement or de escalation but in other words surrendering. Why you move your army back to finger 2-3? Credit to Pissnicks in north & south blocks....
I don't get it... We are playing into chinese hands, they have gamed all this to gauge what level of preparedness we can respond with in case if tomorrow PLA have to seriously capture these places of tactical importance on lac.
They will be back soon with different tactics.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is not disengagement or de escalation but in other words surrendering. Why you move your army back to finger 2-3? Credit to Pissnicks in north & south blocks....
I don't get it... We are playing into chinese hands, they have gamed all this to gauge what level of preparedness we can respond with in case if tomorrow PLA have to seriously capture these places of tactical importance on lac.
They will be back soon with different tactics.
The war was never over and will never will till we March in Tibet, the chinese are just going to come and come

ataru09

Country flag
Did you even try to comprehend what i am trying to say..... Where did i say india must choose Chinese subservience?
And pls you are no one to question my allegiance? Why make personal remarks if you have nothing to say meaning full except some emotional hateful rant.
You listed two choices that China has both of which serves their interests and then ask which one should India choose.

That's like saying a bully is going to slap me on my right check or my left cheek, wonder which cheek I should get slapped on.

Instead of pointing out what OUR actions be, you asked which one of these CHINESE courses of action we should facilitate.

I have absolutely no respect for a guy who said and I paraphrase "yes Pakistan sends terrorists into India, but it is a kind of a proxy war. Why not make peace with them?" So yeah my hatred is for that guy.

Kalki2020

Country flag

Trump is too whimsical to understand anything.. he wants to get re-elected so expecting US help under his leadership is very doubtful
Btw none here expects SAM to jump in & help India if a war breaks out with Sunzu Fartist while india should also stop loooking upto white master other than partnering with them at strategic level to create a block to strangulate China.

An_indian_

Country flag
You listed two choices that China has both of which serves their interests and then ask which one should India choose.

That's like saying a bully is going to slap me on my right check or my left cheek, wonder which cheek I should get slapped on.

Instead of pointing out what OUR actions be, you asked which one of these CHINESE courses of action we should facilitate.

I have absolutely no respect for a guy who said and I paraphrase "yes Pakistan sends terrorists into India, but it is a kind of a proxy war. Why not make peace with them?" So yeah my hatred is for that guy.
First, i did not say we must choose out of these two choices, i asked what could be our response give chinease are imposing these two options on us.
Second, the line you wrote their from my other post was written in other whole god dame context. Yes i accept i did not wrote that post articulately, thats why i did not pushed that idea further.
I wonder if one should debate about issues pertaining national security with such strong emotions or not.

Kalki2020

Country flag
The war was never over and will never will till we March in Tibet, the chinese are just going to come and come
We are not conducting ourself from the position of strength but rather we are seen dying for de escalation... What's the hurry ....
One meeting with Yang li was enough to change the tone of our diplomacy...

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Australian media has been on an info-war overdrive lately. And they do make valid points instead of rhetoric.

11's post-COVID19 behavior is exactly like that of a rabid despot trying to flex his muscles to intimidate his rivals within China, rather than beyond. His strategy will be to milk as much "strong man" domestic perception from his foreign actions, while trying to avoid miscalculations that can blow up on his face.

For example, June 15 came close to blowing up on Xi's face. It was a 20:39 (almost 0.5 K/D) for PLA, and Beijing clamped in before it could escalate further.

In the coming months, Xi will be on the prowl for strategic low-hanging fruits as well as territorial opportunities that can support his image back home. Right now he has some political mileage from "boldly defending China on multiple fronts."

yuba

Country flag
THE silver lining to this will be a more prepared government with a wake-up call to get things in order fill gaps and prepare. Personally I think china thought India will roll over underestimated Indian armed forces. I hear people say trust Russia or the states. Russia economically needs china and Americans will do what beneficial to its interests which I admire every citizen should want its country to keep its interests above all else. We still need both Russia for its military hardware we dependent on and US and japan Australia to choke china. We will be a major player in an alliance, not a junior one use it for our advantage. China for all its patience of the past jumped the gun acted like a bully because its size but one that was a spoiled only child which got its arse handed to it by a smaller kid that has been fighting regularly. Im not a BJP voter but at least it cant be brought off with a donation to a fake charity. What the fuck have the Gandhi family done for india their grandad was busy banging while the real revolutionaries where fighting and dying. Indira showed some balls but thought she had divine right to rule an elder son who would have been a dictator the other talked about the ground shaking when a big tree falls while his party members went on a rape and killing spree but ended up blown up showing his arse to the world. Still, it carried on with a non-Indian evil daughter-in-law a spoiled brat who got no brains and his sister who thinks by looking like her grandmother she will get votes and party members treating them like gods. What has this got to do with LAC nothing but you have to have a clear head in a fight and I think modi will get it right

Synergy

Country flag
In my opinion if you look at Chinese future strategy with regard to india.... They have two logical options either make india its partner(bitch) or make it in the region irrelevant through various methods. They want unipolar asia... Thats why they created india specific western theatre command and built all that eco system, on the other hand their is offer of BRI if we want to be partner.
I dont know which choice will be better for us nevertheless i reckon hard times are ahead gentleman, lets hope for best. It will be difficult for us to not side with anyone.
do you really think China can make us irrelevant through various methods?
what are those methods by which China can make us irrelevant?
actually they are being isolated now.

and I don't think we will join BRI ever.

Indrajit

Country flag
I would rather say they have come to steal AP not Ladakh the diversion is play for chinese
Too much credit is given to the Chinese, they are not supermen. Their calculations are not infallible. Surprising us by making a play for AP etc is not plausible, we have enough forces. the world has moved on from 1962, the Chinese have changed a lot but so have we and so has the technology.

Sure, the Chinese will be back, it will be daft of us not to prepare for that but all this overthinking their abilities is pointless.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The Trans Arunachcal Highway will surely strengthen the communication in Arunachal and its making good progress

However its the 1800 km Arunachal Frontier Highway which will almost run parallel to the boundary/MacMahon line which will truly change the story as shown below. All forward areas will get east-west connectivity allowing Army to reposition troops easily. But its still in planning stages

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-mcmohan-line-home-ministry-223219-2014-10-15

You are correct about Uttarakhand. The Chardham Road (7 roads in total) under the guise of pilgrimage/tourism are actually to take care of China. Also the recent Darchula-Lipulekh Road will add to the Tanakpur-Pitoragarh road

All the three "disputed" areas of Pulam Sumda(Mana Pass), Barahoti(Niti Pass) and Lipulek Pass will get enhanced connectivity and allow Joshimath and Pitoragarh based army units to take positions quicky
View attachment 52601

Add to this the expressways in UttarPradesh which will allow Army to move its hinterland units quickly to other areas

Chardham road and some UP highways will be done by 2021. Chinis will have tough time here.

North East is a long way to go. Lots of work remain.

@Tanmay
Thank you for good information and good Maps..

Uttarkhand sketch does not show the real picture. Inter valley roads exist there as state govt roads and all four Ganga valleys are interconnected. One does not have to come down to Rishikesh to go up another valley. The only area which still is a little independent and isolated is Twaghat - Gunji - Lipulekh axis as it is a separate area and connected to Tanakpur.

Following important projects are being executed under Hirak -

Nelang - Naga
Naga - Sonam
Sumana - Rimkim
Joshimath - Malari
Musapani - Ghastoli
Tawaghat = Ghatiba
Ghatiba Lipulekh
Budhi - Lipulekh

Very few people know these places - only some ITBP guys and those who served under Joshimath sector in the Army.. One life time is not enough to serve in all border ares adjoining Tibet...It is not a jeep ride from Bhatinad to Jamnagar.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
So they pulled to Finger-5... & how much did we have to?

Before.
EaxfOlyU0AEe-Ky.jpeg
After?
IMG_20200712_074715.jpg

So no patrolling upto Finger-8 for India anymore... Just like I said?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Chinese will show their true color didn't have to wait even for a week this is just the start they follow the rule of two step forward one step back
Gentlemen.
Please cool your inquisitiveness and wait for the process to be completed. Trust your Army and trust the leaders. There is no conspiracies at work.

The agreed process has three stages ;

1. Disengagement . This will entail going away certain distance from eyeball to eyeball contacts at four locations.
2. Deescalation - Reducing down the troops from confrontation areas.
3. Deinduction. Withdrawing troops from contested areas.

So far the first step is in progress. So do not start talking of the third stage. Do not start with some conspiracy and counting the balls as yet..

Sehwag213

Country flag
Can't some people wait for 2 months ? If status quo will not be restored by then, we will surely know.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Next should be acceleration of LCA Tejas deliveries.

And hopefully trying to get 100+ fighters from other sources.

33 fighters from Russia are not enough.

Methinks reactivating Mig27 for ground attack roles (if any are left) should be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles