India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

Country flag
You do not understand politics. BJP's first task is to sustain its rule. Military capacity is secondary. If BJP is unable to consolidate political power then all the military capacity counts for nothing
National souverginty and integrity is more important than rule of bjp.... such kind of mentality is worrisome ... Its a anti national behaviour please refrain frm it ..

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
we need to have more aggressive posture towards China and pakistan.
There is a need to look at China in general we have been to busy with Pakstan for seven decades that we missed out the bigger beast that was clawing at our necks.

Things have already started in this direction ever since 2014 and now after 2019 it's only intensifying further. The biggest visible proof is the lightning fast development of roads and Bridge along the LAC. The next step should be to draw up a military strategy against China. We have conducted and tested several strategies for Pakstan in the lines of cold start, bras stacks and operation kabbadi but not a significant one for China.
Time is ripe to materialise a dedicated strategy for Chinese frontier.

The core of this strategy in my armchair general views should be.

1)Identify and define China's Immediate and long term ambition in regards to India.
What do they want from us right now?
What would they want from us in the future?
How Do they intend to achieve it?

2)Feasibility Study of weapon system in the Himalyan Region

Some weapon platform have a hard time operating in the heights, we will need to look into those and ask for reconfiguration for heights.

3)Development of Infrastructure

infrastructure means Roads, bridges, tunnels, forward bases, weapon depos, Food storage, living quarters et etc

4)Revisit the purpose of ITBP
LAC is no more a peaceful border, tbh it never was only the shortsightedness of our planners made us believe so.
Now that the LAC is a hot border ITBP also needs to reconfigure itself accordingly.

Indrajit

Country flag
. My advice to you - don't worry. We will take care of India.
Nice advice but who exactly is “we”? Also why exactly should I sign away my right to both look at a situation critically and to worry about taking care of India?

doreamon

Country flag
Real defeat of china ll be whn we ll be able to be truely atmanirvar with in next 10 yrs.. If we can achieve self relaince in some sectors like API , fab , gallium nitrite based chip which ll be next big thing , rare minerals( to some extend) .. attract companies leaving china.. and a constant economic growth of 8% + for atleast 2 decades ... That ll be a defeat of china.. real defeat .

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I disagree. Shukla is of little utility whatsoever for us and actually a nuisance and irritant which needs to be sized up. Propaganda is not shock treatment. It creates undue pressure on the political class and military top brass increasing the chances of acting hastily and making mistakes. It also diverts focus from the border to domestic fire fighting. Also, a flawed assumption you make is all/most people misled by Shukla will actually research and dig enough to find the truth and curse him. It's a minuscule number. He is setting the agenda with sensationalist headlines he will definitely have way more reach. Clarification will not have that reach. Most of my friends have read what Shukla had to say but very few have read the counter-arguments. Also in an age where psyops, information warfare is of paramount importance, I fail to see how Shukla doesn't cause grave harm to our tactical and strategic goals. Moreover, he and his narrative disenchant a good number of people against Modi who in all honesty is the first PM after Indira to be serious about defence.

Also, the only "positive" that I see from your comment is that the government went to great lengths to prove their case. But what purpose does it serve other than satiate our hunger for more information? NONE.
Shukla is a NUISANCE who needs to be sized up. Simple.
I agree with you since all your points are valid. But the fact remains that there is a lobby who publish him, employ him, encourage him and invite him on TV channels. In spite of knowing about his lies and fabrication there is section which remains eager to lap up what he peddles.

The worst thing is that he has been able to make a very small fan-following among some disgruntled army officers by raising divisive issues which is very dangerous for the organisation like Army.

From a disgruntled critique of the system he has fully graduated into a set group of Lahore Biryani . Jihadi and now China lover. Unfortunately he is growing in that anti national setup and making a buck.

cereal killer

Country flag
There is a need to look at China in general we have been to busy with Pakstan for seven decades that we missed out the bigger beast that was clawing at our necks.

Things have already started in this direction ever since 2014 and now after 2019 it's only intensifying further. The biggest visible proof is the lightning fast development of roads and Bridge along the LAC. The next step should be to draw up a military strategy against China. We have conducted and tested several strategies for Pakstan in the lines of cold start, bras stacks and operation kabbadi but not a significant one for China.
Time is ripe to materialise a dedicated strategy for Chinese frontier.

The core of this strategy in my armchair general views should be.

1)Identify and define China's Immediate and long term ambition in regards to India.
What do they want from us right now?
What would they want from us in the future?
How Do they intend to achieve it?

2)Feasibility Study of weapon system in the Himalyan Region

Some weapon platform have a hard time operating in the heights, we will need to look into those and ask for reconfiguration for heights.

3)Development of Infrastructure

infrastructure means Roads, bridges, tunnels, forward bases, weapon depos, Food storage, living quarters et etc

4)Revisit the purpose of ITBP
LAC is no more a peaceful border, tbh it never was only the shortsightedness of our planners made us believe so.
Now that the LAC is a hot border ITBP also needs to reconfigure itself accordingly.
Agree I'd like to improve our infra along North East & our air bases to target their Southern provinces. Also Andaman needs to be upgraded into our Naval fortress for power projection in IOR & beyond.

Synergy

Country flag
Agree, up to a degree where the U.S. is no longer shaping world events. But, it doesn't look like the U.S. is being pushed towards India. It's more like the U.S. is pulling India in it's camp. Mind you, only up to a point where India can deliver bloody punch to Hakka noodle. As soon as India starts growing in stature, you'll see same things repeating what the khan is doing with the Chinese.
though I might be completely wrong but I'd like to point out few things.

the bone of contention between USA and USSR and now USA and China is capitalism and communism and expansionist mindset.
as USA has greatly helped China in it's economic pursuit, it means they tried to disengage China from communism and bring into capitalist ambit.

if we don't become a communist state and don't adopt expansionist policies or anti USA lobby politics, then I don't think there will be USA-USSR/China like situation between us.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Good to see that China has moved back from F4 finally multiple sources reporting it. Would be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles