India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Tawang is pretty well defended. Specially after 71 div was raised and deployed there along with 5 div. The only sector where they have an advantage is the zimithang sector. PLA dominates our positions on the Tsangdhar ridge line sitting on top of Thagla ridge north of Namka chu river, but this area has been peaceful without any transgression. Yangtse is a flashpoint but we have the heights there so we can spot any PLA patrol well in advance. In all other sectors of tawang dist we are in a pretty good position including Chuna/Tulung la where an AR patrol was ambushed in late 70s. In Anjaw, kibithu sector is well defended, with roads right up to the LAC and we have the heights there as well, but in fish tail area the last post Rochham is quite far from the LAC without any roads the last road head is Chaglagam from where the LAC is around 70km. This area witnesses lot of transgressions which is not reported in the media. We reach the area but not before the chinese intrude 15-20km inside our territory. If they can break through this area they can cut off access to walong and kibithu and this area is a cause of concern defended by just one brigade the 82 lohit bde. Fishtail 1 in dibang valley is also a cause of concern but we have moved a bde there so things are improving,but we need roads. Most of the fwd posts are not accessible by roads and that can affect troop mobilization on time.
How is AD component in these areas?
always worried that LAC escalation ladder will not be the same as LOC escalation ladder.

Thundering13th

Country flag
How is AD component in these areas?
always worried that LAC escalation ladder will not be the same as LOC escalation ladder.
Tawang sector has considerable AD component and if you visit some of the fwd areas it's quite visible. Walong also has some AD component but other area have next to nothing. I dont exactly know what the situation is now in other sectors may be things are improving as we build our defences but as per my knowledge it is nothing compared to what the other side has. If anyone else with more info on this can shed some light it will be awesome. The only complaint I have is that except tawang and the walong/kibithu sectors we have neglected all other sectors in arunachal . If you remember the tuting incident they constructed a motorable track about 2kms inside our area and it was only noticed by the local hunters who informed the army and then it was stopped.

Jimih

Country flag
When is Wolfpack baba going to start giving sources?
3 Infantry divisions + 6-8 CAB should be 70-90k troops easily (which sounds reasonable).
450 "tanks" in each CAB sounds a little hard to believe, that's a total of 2700-3600 tanks, which is ridiculous.
Chineese stooge Ajai Shukla last year gave similar figures.

saneel2014

Country flag
I got tired of refreshing this thread 10 times a day for the last few days so I will just ask:

Are we going to see some Pics of Chinese in Indian Army captivity or its just wishful thinking and I
have been wasting my time ? :confused1:
Lol no..i doubt we will release pics even after pla starts posting pics of our dead soldiers...but at least we are defending on ground against intrusions so thats a good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles