India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
If this Wikipedia article is correct - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumdorong_Chu_standoff

Then no area has been lost. Just verified with GE 2020 Nov/Dec imagery, in fact, we are aggressive and making roads inwards crossing the LAC :megusta:
that line is not the LAC , thats the mcmahon line , maybe the british dude who drew border was high , but for some reason the border there is a straight horizontal line .

actual LAC is not shown on google maps or earth. its much north , but its still much less than our official border line there.

we did lose the sumdorong valley to chinese . but gained back the pasture area infront of it .

dont know if you can call it as a win or lose.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
that line is not the LAC , thats the mcmahon line , maybe the british dude who drew border was high , but for some reason the border there is a straight horizontal line .

actual LAC is not shown on google maps or earth. its much north , but its still much less than our official border line there.

we did lose the sumdorong valley to chinese . but gained back the pasture area infront of it .

dont know if you can call it as a win or lose.
Show me? Or any Indian historical map showing our official boundary / LAC ?

If the Wikipedia article is to be trusted, it says there was no compromise and things returned to normal.
But would like to know more about this case, please give me the source/maps from where you are getting the info.

mokoman

Country flag
Show me? Or any Indian historical map showing our official boundary / LAC ?

If the Wikipedia article is to be trusted, it says there was no compromise and things returned to normal.
But would like to know more about this case, please give me the source/maps from where you are getting the info.
like i said , the line is mcmahaon , but its not official border.

that sumdorong valley looks lost + pla post is inside our official border.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Deadtrap

Country flag
Kashgar AB - Some recent updates on Hardened Air Shelter and presence of aerial assets at the base. HAS external structuring completed and looks ready to house A/C. It's also currently hosting 8 x J8II and 4 x Flankers with some variation depending upon the training pattern.

Kashgar 27 Sept Map.jpg

Ngari AB - Construction of hardened bunkers and aircraft shelters too have seen some rapid progress over the past year. A/C deployment remains the same with 4 x Flankers since India-China stand off began. Notice doors of HAS are also quite visible.

Ngari 30 Sept Map.png

Will be posting more updates on other airbases soon.

JBH22

Pangong Lake today

PLA is not going to budge, it will need to give Indian army a crushing blow. Post which nobody will challenge its hegemony in Asia. Therefore, it will be able to give full attention to oust USA from number 1 spot.
I just hope time has bought to strengthen defences when PLA will attack and we have enough force to give them a bloody nose.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

Mantospace

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles