India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimih

Country flag
This has been reported before , Indian side prevents locals from accessing grazing land near border.
Chinese on other hand do everything possible to push more people into border regions.
saw a video of locals complaining about this on youtube.

Mr. Stanzin said that China has constructed permanent structures and roads close to the LAC while the Indian side could only boast of a few roads. “There is no mobile connectivity in border areas and despite repeated pleas, the administration has not acted. It is frustrating. They fix the phone lines for a few hours whenever a VIP arrives here. It’s back to square one once they leave,” he said.

The shitty BSNL connectivity is probably also true , chusul village until 2014 only had 1 phone , shared between the ITBP camp and entire village.

“A group of villagers marched to the Kiu La pass a few days ago but they were denied access by the Army. There used to be a bunker on the upper reaches, but it is no longer there. We fear that the Chinese are nibbling away at our territory. This was never a disputed area,” Mr. Stanzin said.

i think maybe atleast this can be verified by sat imagery.

u can trash the reporter but the councillor concerns are genuine , if the border people cant live properly they will just leave , and without a population borders will be more difficult to manage. Same reason why Chinese is building heavily in border villiages - connection to electricity gird, 5g , fiber broadband , excellent housing , roads.
Reports of China nibbling land in that area should be verifed by Sat imagery.

China pushing their own citizens in that region to settle? I think those are grazers and herders from both sides.

Agreed with you that GoI should make proper accommodation and provide facilities to its border citizens. Lands should not be left vacant.

The Shrike

Country flag
Wanted to say this earlier but for once Pravin Sawhney is right. Exactly which (non nuclear) missile do we have in inventory TODAY? Prithvis which were designed over 3 decades ago and Bhramos missiles which are expensive niche weapon (and we pay a fat sum to the Russians for each one). Our subsonic cruise missile program has been a cluster f, while for some reason we have failed to induct even one new design ballistic missiles (which we had a reasonable tech base) in the last couple of decades. Now our defence establishment is suddenly waking up from it stupor trying to copy the Chinese :facepalm: .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Wanted to say this earlier but for once Pravin Sawhney is right. Exactly which (non nuclear) missile do we have in inventory TODAY? Prithvis which were designed over 3 decades ago and Bhramos missiles which are expensive niche weapon (and we pay a fat sum to the Russians for each one). Our subsonic cruise missile program has been a cluster f, while for some reason we have failed to induct even one new design ballistic missiles (which we had a reasonable tech base) in the last couple of decades. Now our defence establishment is suddenly waking up from it stupor trying to copy the Chinese :facepalm: .
“Rocket force” is less about the inventory but more about demonstration of willingness by Indian security establishment to adapt to changing security threats.

Let’s not forget, all this discourse over rocket force is based on just one sentence from CDS.

even if nirbhay was there in inventory, admiral general field marshal shawnstien would have still found a way to criticise the move.

The Shrike

Country flag
Is this like a more polished Dhruv Rathee type channel? "In 962 war... the Indian Army held back the Chinese both at Walong and Tawang" - could have at least read the wikipedia page or something 😒.
Unfortunately this is mostly due to the fact that we don't teach post independence history in school, most Indians have no knowledge of the facts or context of 1948, 62, 71 wars, emergency etc. This dude probably saw that there is no area marked as "occupied by Chinese" on the map of AP (unlike J&K/Ladakh) and assumed "we held them back", while in reality our defences had collapsed and we had started evacuating Tezpur in the Assam plains (next step would have been abandoning entire NE), but the Chinese withdrew on their own.

Jimih

Country flag
while in reality our defences had collapsed and we had started evacuating Tezpur in the Assam plains (next step would have been abandoning entire NE),
It can also be interpreted from Cheecha Nehru's address to the nation on All India Radio on November 20, 1962:

Nehru said, “Huge Chinese armies have been marching in the northern part of NEFA. We have had reverses at Walong, Se La and today Bomdila, a small town in NEFA, has also fallen. We shall not rest till the invader goes out of India or is pushed out. I want to make that clear to all of you, and, especially our countrymen in Assam, to whom our heart goes out at this moment.”

He was choking while delivering this speech. He almost surrendered Assam.

(NEFA= Present day Arunachal Pradesh)

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
Unfortunately this is mostly due to the fact that we don't teach post independence history in school, most Indians have no knowledge of the facts or context of 1948, 62, 71 wars, emergency etc. This dude probably saw that there is no area marked as "occupied by Chinese" on the map of AP (unlike J&K/Ladakh) and assumed "we held them back", while in reality our defences had collapsed and we had started evacuating Tezpur in the Assam plains (next step would have been abandoning entire NE), but the Chinese withdrew on their own.
i never knew that even after 1962 war ended , chinese was still in control of Indian territory for a month.Took a month for them to withdraw even after ceasefire and talks.

just like in Galwan or Gogra. Nice how Chinese can still come and go as they please.

i hope we get payback in my lifetime :dude:

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
My guess of the list of missiles which will be part of Indian Army Rocket Force:
1) Pinaka
2) BM-30 Smerch
3) Pranash
4) Pralay
5) Shuarya
6) Brahmos
7) Agni-1
8) Agni-P
No,only conventional tactical ballistic and cruise missiles will be used.MBRLs will reamin with artillery.Nukes would stay with SFC.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It can also be interpreted from Cheecha Nehru's address to the nation on All India Radio on November 20, 1962:

Nehru said, “Huge Chinese armies have been marching in the northern part of NEFA. We have had reverses at Walong, Se La and today Bomdila, a small town in NEFA, has also fallen. We shall not rest till the invader goes out of India or is pushed out. I want to make that clear to all of you, and, especially our countrymen in Assam, to whom our heart goes out at this moment.”

He was choking while delivering this speech. He almost surrendered Assam.

(NEFA= Present day Arunachal Pradesh)
The Chinese operation took years to plan.. Winter was upon them, and even if China wanted they could not have held on to much of NEFA / Arunachal because of logistics issue..

Last edited:

Mantospace

Country flag
It was after 1962 😂 .. Looks like we had not given up that ideological rehtoric like two ancient civilization coming together etc etc even by then ..

What the hell he was.

Accha yeh long lamba jiye nhi, warna desh khatam hoon jata. That why US still hate us today.

Inke principle ke chakkar main hmara desh khatam hoon jayenga.

Jimih

Country flag
The Chinese operation took years to plan.. Winter was upon them, and even if China wanted they could not have held on to much of NEFA / Arunachal because of logistics issue..
Not only logistics, terrain also.

Most of the AP has Vietnam like terrain. It is hard to hold ground in that type of terrain.

mokoman

Country flag
that road @mist_consecutive noted months ago , construction still going on

--------

I'm going to leh so thought that when I'm coming back to home ill come through kashmir route staying at sonmarg.
If something big comes in I'll change my plans and will not visit kashmir but if everything stays fine I'll go back through Kashmir.
if possible goto black-top and take pics of pangong tso , if army/ITBP stops u just say ur member of DFI - they will have to let u pass then . if they still wont allow then just run around them , trust me , they wont run after u .
incase they shoot u and u die , we will start new thread for u here.

--------

what i was talking about.

still tho , chinese side only got 5g,electric grid connec only last year , so we are not that behind.

Abdus Salem killed

that road @mist_consecutive noted months ago , construction still going on

--------

if possible goto black-top and take pics of pangong tso , if army/ITBP stops u just say ur member of DFI - they will have to let u pass then . if they still wont allow then just run around them , trust me , they wont run after u .
incase they shoot u and u die , we will start new thread for u here.

--------

what i was talking about.

still tho , chinese side only got 5g,electric grid connec only last year , so we are not that behind.
You are right we have to install at least 3g towers and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles