India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundering13th

Country flag
There is also Chinese settlement in contested territory in Upper Subansiri district.

Since 1962 China has built a new village with 101 homes on the banks of River Tsari Chu in the Upper Subansiri district, a disputed area.
I would like to be angry and agitated about this but the truth is we never moved beyond maja after 1959. Those times we had a company in TCC which used to look after our border 40kms away in that sector. The area in which they have constructed a village is under their control for decades why the shock now?. We have literally abandoned that area. Our new border is almost 6km ahead of maja company operating base. Like it or not. Good news is we have a road to maja now

Deadtrap

Country flag
very vital road to DBO also looks completed , BRO working like crazy.
Actually this road has nothing to with DBO. This road is vital for Dungti-Demchok axis. Will give an alternative to Demchok via Koyul.

New main road to DBO is coming from Sasoma to DBO via Saser La pass. It cuts through glaciers and looks like this.

0C35FFCB-8F96-4324-942C-B39F0283389B.jpeg

Very tough road and a lot of progress made since last year. Movement on this road will be concealed and PLA won’t be able to notice it which they can in existing DBO road that runs parallel to the LAC.

Thundering13th

Country flag
I remember Holongi, which is in Assam, a border town with AP. That means the airport and runway will extend to both Assam and Arunachal.

Holongi is more towards catering to civilian population than military infrastructure. Holongi is about 30 clicks from Itanagar. There are no roads or detours or dirt track or anything that's leads to frontier. If say my unit is located in itanagar and I need to move it to tawang sector which is the closest I have to go back through the same highway upto banderdewa take right , ravel upto rangapara in sonitpur dist in assam then to bhalukpong and then the famous almost 290kms bhalukpong tawang road so what's the improvement?.

Jimih

Country flag
Holongi is more towards catering to civilian population than military infrastructure. Holongi is about 30 clicks from Itanagar. There are no roads or detours or dirt track or anything that's leads to frontier. If say my unit is located in itanagar and I need to move it to tawang sector which is the closest I have to go back through the same highway upto banderdewa take right , ravel upto rangapara in sonitpur dist in assam then to bhalukpong and then the famous almost 290kms bhalukpong tawang road so what's the improvement?.
Arunachal Pradesh does have large geographical area, the largest in whole NorthEast India.

Jimih

Country flag
And trust me when I say this. BRO has failed us. Failed us period
Project Vartak of BRO which has its HQ in Tezpur, Assam is focused on Arunachal Pradesh.
Project Vartak is now divided into Project Arunanak.

I still remember seeing BRO concrete signboards on roadside with some messages like, "Drive safe, someone is waiting for you", while visiting AP many years ago.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Project Vartak of BRO which has its HQ in Tezpur, Assam is focused on Arunachal Pradesh.
Project Vartak is now divided into Project Arunanak.

I still remember seeing BRO concrete signboards on roadside with some messages like, "Drive safe, someone is waiting for you", while visiting AP many years ago.
Mind you I am ultra positive when it comes to BRO outreach program. But amount of work done if you truly analyse is laughable. Project arunank is a battalion level project. Then there is project udayak in lohit and anjaw disks. A road from Tame chu chu to taksing is about 36-40kms in lengths considering the road alignment. It took BRO 10 years to make a dirt track. On one hand you contruct a road almost 20000ft above msl in a year or two and on the other 40km road in a stretch which is not more than 9500ft max takes 10 years ... is beyond my comprehension

Jimih

Country flag
Mind you I am ultra positive when it comes to BRO outreach program. But amount of work done if you truly analyse is laughable. Project arunank is a battalion level project. Then there is project udayak in lohit and anjaw disks. A road from Tame chu chu to taksing is about 36-40kms in lengths considering the road alignment. It took BRO 10 years to make a dirt track. On one hand you contruct a road almost 20000ft above msl in a year or two and on the other 40km road in a stretch which is not more than 9500ft max takes 10 years ... is beyond my comprehension
Project Udayak is fine, it connects Assam with Arunachal which benifits districts like Lohit, Anjaw, Lower Dibang Valley and Namsai districts in AP.

Doomdooma in Assam is the starting point, where its HQ is located, bridges and bi-laned roads are recently being constructed on that route like road bridges in Namsai district.

Anjaw district in AP contains our last BOP.

GoI was not serious earlier, as we saw in case with Ladakh, Arunachal will soon catch up.

We are reactive people and not pro-active.

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag
Actually this road has nothing to with DBO. This road is vital for Dungti-Demchok axis. Will give an alternative to Demchok via Koyul.

New main road to DBO is coming from Sasoma to DBO via Saser La pass. It cuts through glaciers and looks like this.

View attachment 103547

Very tough road and a lot of progress made since last year. Movement on this road will be concealed and PLA won’t be able to notice it which they can in existing DBO road that runs parallel to the LAC.
"very vital road to DBO also looks completed"

i know man , DBO road is also almost complete.

looks like BRO worked through entire winter on that road.

🧐 my eye tho is on that road above galwan , very much like to see where it goes.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Project Udayak is fine, it connects Assam with Arunachal which benifits districts like Lohit, Anjaw, Lower Dibang Valley and Namsai districts in AP.

Doomdooma in Assam is the starting point, where its HQ is located, bridges and bi-laned roads are recently being constructed on that route like road bridges in Namsai district.

Anjaw district in AP contains our last BOP.

GoI was not serious earlier, as we saw in case with Ladakh, Arunachal will soon catch up.

We are reactive people and not pro-active.
Someday this has to change. We are surrounded by hyenas. They feed on rotten meat. If you know what I mean. Nahi toh phir Humlog ek handerson brooks commission padenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles