India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinese can have point of view but that point of view is same for all Chinese as their point of view is their CPC view and CPC point of view is dictator Xi's point of view. Therefore, what is Xinping's point of view is every Chinese' point of view.
If a Chinese guy has a different point of view.. The local cops in China will send someone to sleep with his father.. No kidding :bplease:

SanjeevM

Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Is there absolutely any area on the the entire LAC where we have a significant infrastructure (w.r.t logistics and manoeuvre) advantage over the Chinese? Remember the area has to have some tactical significance, and not a random hill in the middle of nowhere. After all the time I have spent looking at G Earth I don't think I have found any such place.
Yes! There is!

Small non-lethal captures (probably will not escalate to war):-
  • Capturing Charding-Ninglung river valley, which puts pressure on PLA Demchok garrison apart from land grab.
  • Pushing forward through Ane La pass which is kinda a backdoor to Pangong Tso, threatens cutting-off PLA access to the whole northern Pangong Tso in the future.
Larger captures, which will surely result in war: -
  • The below area, which is the gap between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh. Chinese control is weak in this area, and Chinese access to the area goes through two mountain passes (marked in red).

A Two-pronged attack from Himachal Pradesh's Sumdo and Ladakh's Demchok can cut-off these mountain passes, denying Chinese access. An insignificant amount of Chinese infrastructure will be a turkey shoot for the air force.
    In fact, 2 mountain divisions will be enough to capture this area.

• Capturing Chumbi Valley in Sikkim, much-discussed, and China fears the same, hence heavily protected. We will probably face huge casualties but it is strategically very crucial.

Err... are you sure about Gogra? There are only a few small patches of flat land here and we are completely in the defensive - the PLA can attack us from 4-5 different axis.
I did a quick annotation (click on the image to read the details) of the roads and PLA camps/bases in the Gogra area below, we have only one route to this place and AFAIK it it not even blacktopped. While the Chinese can come from 3 axis (1. along the Hot Springs valley 2. from Kongka 3. From north shore of Pangong). In fact if you zoom out and look at the larger picture (too lazy to annotate now) they can attack from 2 more axis ( 1. "34° 3'3.03"N, 78°39'41.76"E" they can cut off the road linking Gogra from Lukung and 2. via Jianan pass, the main Galwan rear camp/base is ~50 from Gogra).
I don't see any scope for a "QPQ" here, as per my armchair opinion we will face a tough time here if things get hot. If you look at our side we have built dozens of bunkers/sangers on the peaks and Km's of trenches. Just holding off any PLA offensive should be sufficient IMO.
Sorry for any typos.
View attachment 102940
Yes, so armour actually traverses through the river valleys you marked in blue. In a shooting war, we will be at a disadvantage because they can mount a multi-pronged attack, as you suggested. But if the shooting war starts, we are opened with a plethora of other options (like opening another theatre where we have the advantage).

If China is still reluctant to use firearms, we can just wrestle control using aggressive posture and hand-to-hand combat.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Yes! There is!

Small non-lethal captures (probably will not escalate to war):-
  • Capturing Charding-Ninglung river valley, which puts pressure on PLA Demchok garrison apart from land grab.
  • Pushing forward through Ane La pass which is kinda a backdoor to Pangong Tso, threatens cutting-off PLA access to the whole northern Pangong Tso in the future.
Larger captures, which will surely result in war: -
  • The below area, which is the gap between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh. Chinese control is weak in this area, and Chinese access to the area goes through two mountain passes (marked in red).

A Two-pronged attack from Himachal Pradesh's Sumdo and Ladakh's Demchok can cut-off these mountain passes, denying Chinese access. An insignificant amount of Chinese infrastructure will be a turkey shoot for the air force.
    In fact, 2 mountain divisions will be enough to capture this area.

• Capturing Chumbi Valley in Sikkim, much-discussed, and China fears the same, hence heavily protected. We will probably face huge casualties but it is strategically very crucial.

Yes, so armour actually traverses through the river valleys you marked in blue. In a shooting war, we will be at a disadvantage because they can mount a multi-pronged attack, as you suggested. But if the shooting war starts, we are opened with a plethora of other options (like opening another theatre where we have the advantage).

If China is still reluctant to use firearms, we can just wrestle control using aggressive posture and hand-to-hand combat.
Discussion is so informative that I can publish articles with information from the discussions on NewsComWorld.com. Guys do I have your permission to use discussion content to be edited and posted in future articles?

Cheran

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles