India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Gov of India is giving one or two chances to China before starting war.

it will be a while before we take action.

trust me i have source,
As expected PLA disagreed to disengage from Gogra-Hotsprings, no breakthrough will be reached if we continue talking. Depsang was not even on tables. It's time to act rather than talk, IMO moving troops again towards strategic kailash range which overlooks the key highway is the only option. Atleast we shud try to be aggressive now as talks have failed

chalochum

Country flag
Here's the thing...This battle is like a chess game but played on multiple dimensions (geographic expansion, economy, cyber warfare, misinformation) with one move/year on an average...and its going to be atleast 2 decades to decide the winning moves. The geographic battlefield is one dimension. The one who makes the least mistakes gets an advantage. We are currently in the beginning game where Chines did a pawn exchange and made a minor blunder (read Galwan). So it was advantage India...but looks like we were overly defensive in pressing that advantage. This year its going to be build-up and strengthen the plan and look for opportunities (like winter, economy, alliance etc) but likely to be counter/ reactive deployment to hold position.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Gov of India is giving one or two chances to China before starting war.

it will be a while before we take action.

trust me i have source,
And that source is " trasst meeee vrooooo"
@mokoman is not wrong here, although he might be trying to troll.

We have moved offensive and defensive formations in Ladakh. The much-discussed 1 Corps at Mathura which was re-oriented to strike the China border, has been moved to Ladakh last month. In fact, never in history (not in last year, not even in the 1962 war), there have been more troops present in Ladakh.

Now, this is completely on GoI and Army. Three things can happen from here,
  • The status quo remains as it is, both sides keep troops and LAC is the new LoC (most probable)
  • We mount another offensive for a land swap.
  • After some month we pull back troops and accept daddy China as our new lord.

Jimih

Country flag
They probably straight up told us to fuck off. Or that we did not try to beg in front of them any further, a man has to find his self-respect someday.
Or we took some very good Mandarin translators this time.

I have read in articles that the cause of long extended meetings is due to slow translation of languages from both sides.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

I have read in articles that the cause of long extended meetings is due to slow translation of languages from both sides.
Lt Gen YK Joshi can speak Mandarin

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Complete silence from GoI/Army as well as the Chinese counterpart regarding the meetings. Only after the last two meetings, there was no official GoI statement. Before that, both sides released joint-statement regarding the meetings.

Lt Gen YK Joshi can speak Mandarin
He was not present in the meeting, Lt. Gen. PGK Menon (Commander, 14th Corps) was leading the meeting.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Complete silence from GoI/Army as well as the Chinese counterpart regarding the meetings. Only after the last two meetings, there was no official GoI statement. Before that, both sides released joint-statement regarding the meetings.

He was not present in the meeting, Lt. Gen. PGK Menon (Commander, 14th Corps) was leading the meeting.
Seems like lot of gaali galoch happened.

Knowitall

@mokoman is not wrong here, although he might be trying to troll.

We have moved offensive and defensive formations in Ladakh. The much-discussed 1 Corps at Mathura which was re-oriented to strike the China border, has been moved to Ladakh last month. In fact, never in history (not in last year, not even in the 1962 war), there have been more troops present in Ladakh.

Now, this is completely on GoI and Army. Three things can happen from here,
  • The status quo remains as it is, both sides keep troops and LAC is the new LoC (most probable)
  • We mount another offensive for a land swap.
  • After some month we pull back troops and accept daddy China as our new lord.
Likh ke lelo he is trolling.

Jimih

Country flag
'India is asking for status quo and China refusing it', thats all.

Only two scenarios can be predicted:

Ultimately LAC will be converted to LOC
Or
GoI will bend over and accept the fait accompli just like the previous government.

Now only one thing to watch out, China will come for Ladakh as it does not recognise it as part of India. India must have full preparations for that.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
'India is asking for status quo and China refusing it' thats all.

Or
GoI will bend over and accept the fait accompli just like the previous government.

Now only one thing to watch out, China will come for Ladakh as it does not recognise it as part of India. India must have full preparations for that.
China should better watch out tibet nahi to kahi aisa na ho jaye chale the kashmir lene bachana pad gaya lahore.:pound:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
'India is asking for status quo and China refusing it' thats all.

Or

3rd option is also probable. I remember we were melting into hysteria last year this time too (after Galwan's attack). This govt. is not completely hopeless as many would like to believe. Sqeezing political mileage out of the Indo-China standoff is a lucrative option.

But let' see.

Mantospace

Country flag
3rd option is also probable. I remember we were melting into hysteria last year this time too (after Galwan's attack). This govt. is not completely hopeless as many would like to believe. Sqeezing political mileage out of the Indo-China standoff is a lucrative option.

But let' see.
One thing clear, govt just looking for talks and accepted the chinese occupation.

Jimih

Country flag

But let' see.
Hahaha, I got your statement about the mileage.

good one.

The Shrike

Country flag
I don't understand, military experts for the past year have been saying we can do a QPQ across the LAC (heck even CDS said it once ig), what stops us from doing so???
A few reasons i could think why we are not seeing a repeat of Op Snow Leopard (Pangong and Kailash action Aug end last year):
1. You cannot pull the same trick twice, or at least it will be much more difficult. Last time the Chinese were caught completely flatfooted, if you look at the sat photos before vs after, you will get the impression that most of the PLA had come here for a picnic initially and started digging in after they realised that the IA may actually take counteraction. They have since positioned themselves much more aggressively and add many more troops. If we pull off one more operation like this, you can bet the PLA commander will be called back to Beijing where he will commit suicide by 3 gun shots to the back of the head.
2. Government wants to avoid escalating to an actual shooting war unless the Chinese attack us. Pangong So was the only area where significant number of forces were facing each other (i.e. high risk of escalation). Now more or less forces are disengaged, bulk of the PLA is now a few km to couple hundred km away from the LAC. Instead government is adding new formations in our rear areas (1 Corp) to build pressure on the Chinese without a direct escalation.
3. There is also a lack of public pressure for the Government to act, most common folks have forgotten about the order issue by now. And due to govt obfuscation and political opposition incompetence we probably may not see this issue coming back to the top of public attention unless there are some new developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles