India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Also too add to this we have more tanks and towed artillery than china.

Plus our 105mm is perfectly suited for mountain warfare.

India only needs to hold the Chinese to win and that we can do.
What people fail to understand is, mountains themselves act as a formidable defensive wall. It is very easy to bunker up and fortify but is extremely hard to destroy and dismantle such positions. Mountains offer natural protection from artillery and air power while acting as perfect hiding areas.

China cannot just steamroll into the Himalayas, blitzkrieg tactics don't work on mountains.

Jimih

Country flag
The last time you checked, you were misguided by Chinese propaganda (unfortunately propagated by our own anti-national media).

Chinese enjoy superior artillery - let's break that down to facts :-
  • Chinese enjoy better rocket artillery than us, yes. The majority of their rocket artillery is unguided with CEP of more than 50m (some even 100m). Even their guided missiles have cep ~30m.

And that is nearly useless. Area bombardment works in plains, on mountains, deviation of 30 meters can mean 500m downhill. We understood this fact in Kargil as our unguided bombs and heavy artillery was having minimal effects.

• A large chunk of Chinese howitzers is self-propelled (vehicle-mounted). Vehicles in the mountains have limited mobility.

• We are on par or even better in light-medium howitzers than China. M777s give us an edge in remote operations where roads are not accessible to push towed artillery or vehicle-mounted artillery.
Chinese enjoy superior armor - true, not denying that. But,
  • We are now using DRDOs APSFDS with RHA penetration 500mm at a 2km distance instead of Mango.
  • ATGMs (9M119 Svir) launched from T90s/T72s can penetrate 900mm RHA.
  • ATGMs from BMP-2s can penetrate 800mm RHA.
We are not hopeless. It is enough to defend the borders.

What? Indian armed forces always keep on doing short-theatre level exercises you never hear of. Last year after Galwan we had a huge combined armed exercise throughout the whole eastern border with China.

We have satellites in the sky, drones (both short and long endurance), and we have America providing us real-time intelligence.

In fact, during the capture of Rezang La and adjoining ranges, China actually planned to pull it off first, but we detected their movement first and outran them to the peak.

What was the intelligence issue in galwan exactly? They killed our colonel in guise of diplomacy and then our troops fought till death. Where is intelligence required here?

? We have roads as well as pretty decent airlifting capacity which actually outmatches China. And how air force is going to be irrelevant?
Tell me how China plans to maintain its long supply lines and keep its huge army well-supplied? Our supply routes are much shorter and population centers are close. The same is not true for China.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baseless ranting of yours high on Chinese kool-aid, having a bad day?
@mist_consecutive Stop wasting time on this woke troll. This user ID always write in some grandiose manner using some borrowed technical terms and nuances just to give a false impression of how he/she is a smart fellow. Even in SF thread guys take potshots on this user ID. :)

The reality is he/she still a teenager who has got to learn 'world intrigue' fast and in a proper way.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
@mist_consecutive Stop wasting time on this woke troll. This user ID always write in some grandiose manner using some borrowed technical terms and nuances just to give a false impression of how he/she is smart fellow. Even in SF thread guys take potshots on this user ID. :)

The reality is he/she still a teenager who has got to learn 'world intrigue' fast and in a proper way.
Why call troll to him saar , he must have learned something.
From mist consecutive post, I supported him last night, mist ji changed my perspective.
Even though I searched about mango rounds and found out that drdo fsapsds or whatever it is called has a penetrating power of 500 mm from 2500 mtrs, which is equal to much touted naiza round of porks

mokoman

Country flag
the place of crash is Lianjiang Guangdong hospital

i think this is location : 21.606707° 110.284788°

plane crashed behind a hospital , you can see building in vid

there is also a military airbase nearby , 21.392213° 110.210728°

searching for 'Lianjiang Guangdong hospital ' on google woul give you list of hospitals in area.

:| would be possible to locate building,

Jimih

Country flag
From mist consecutive post, I supported him last night, mist ji changed my perspective.
Even though I searched about mango rounds and found out that drdo fsapsds or whatever it is called has a penetrating power of 500 mm from 2500 mtrs, which is equal to much touted naiza round of porks
Pls read what and how he replied to @mist_consecutive.

He/she thinks in binary and thats not the case per say..
Most of this member's replies are only in this manner.

Jimih

Country flag
I saw that , that's why I searched about mango rounds in first place.
This term made me curious.
How OFB screwed Russian Mango rounds with its own version is a case to read. But again I will go for the Israeli round for 125 mm APFSDS ammo.

Mango rounds are overrated.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
DRDO is developing APFSDS Mk-II with penetration confirmed > 600 RHA and up to 800mm RHA, which will take us on par with modern Chinese and NATO rounds.

There is the basic thinking that mango rounds are shit compare to russian vacuum or Chinese APFSDS rounds.
Mango rounds are indeed shit. The army officer who authorized buying it must be hanged till death.

Knowitall

This is not to say that i consider china a troll army which will be crushed the second they step foot on our borders. This is just stupid jingoism the kind pakistani use when they dream of capturing Kashmir.

China is a formidable enemy whose manufacturing capabilities far surpass our own and we also consider them as such which can be seen by our deployment levels.

I am unlike others under the firm belief that the the first 72 hours and later on the duration of the war will determine the path and victor of the war. I do not believe in the thought process of set pieces where you basically compare the equipment numbers and pre set plans and derive conclusions from it.

Most good plans only work till the point of first contact.

Be it the French army getting encircled in ww2 despite having superior tanks and defenses the Belgians losing their forts in matter of days instead of months as war gamed by them the soviet union absolutely getting devastated by the German army despite having a numerically superior air and tank force or the Japanese overwhelming the Russians in Manchuria. History is testament to the fact that plans can always go haywire and any side no matter how strong or not can come out on top due to a combination of factors.

The same applies for India and china too either side can come out on top depending on how the first 72 hours of the war plays or for just how long the war goes on.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is not to say that i consider china a troll army which will be crushed the second they step foot on our borders. This is just stupid jingoism the kind pakistani use when they dream of capturing Kashmir.

China is a formidable enemy whose manufacturing capabilities far surpass our own and we also consider them as such which can be seen by our deployment levels.

I am unlike others under the firm belief that the the first 72 hours and later on the duration of the war will determine the path and victor of the war. I do not believe in the though process of set pieces where you basically compare the equipment numbers and pre set plans and derive conclusions from it.

Most good plans only work till the point of first contact.

Be it the French army getting encircled in ww2 despite having superior tanks and defenses the Belgians losing their forts in matter of days instead of months as war gamed by them the soviet union absolutely getting devastated by the German army despite having a numerically superior air and tank force or the Japanese overwhelming the Russians in Manchuria. History is testament to the fact that plans can always go haywire and any side no matter how strong or not can come out on top due to a combination of factors.

The same applies for India and china too either side can come out on top depending on how the first 72 hours of the war plays or for just how long the war goes on.
These gucci gangsters are very cunning people they never directly praise our enemies but their logic is similar to the one used by our enemies such as 10 hindu baniya= 1 porki inbred.

This is funny and outrageous .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
DRDO is developing APFSDS Mk-II with penetration confirmed > 600 RHA and up to 800mm RHA, which will take us on par with modern Chinese and NATO rounds.

Mango rounds are indeed shit. The army officer who authorized buying it must be hanged till death.
There were some reports of PLA testing a new javelin type anti tank missile on eurasian times.

Knowitall

These gucci gangsters are very cunning people they never directly praise our enemies but their logic is similar to the one used by our enemies such as 10 hindu baniya= 1 porki inbred.

This is funny and outrageous .
No war and i mean no war can be won by equipment or josh alone. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a amateur whose opinion is fit for youtube comment sections only.

War is and will always remain a combination of factors like equipment training morale tactics planning strategic thinking war production leadership allies and luck.

Each of these factors together decide the combination of the war. No defense is absolute and no attacking force is unstoppable one must always remember that.

Knowitall

There were some reports of PLA testing a new javelin type anti tank missile on eurasian times.
Chinese have two anti tank missiles in service currently being deployed against us. APT-11 and HJ-12 both are 3rd generation anti tank missiles and HJ-12 has been exported to some countries in the past. Max range is supposedly 4 km in daylight.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
No war and i mean no war can be won by equipment or josh alone. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a amateur whose opinion is fit for youtube comment sections only.

War is and will always remain a combination of factors like equipment training morale tactics planning strategic thinking war production leadership allies and luck.

Each of these factors together decide the combination of the war. No defense is absolute and no attacking force is unstoppable one must always remember that.
Chinese biggest weakness that no one talks about? Their general's ,admirals are all given that rank for their party performance not actual fighting

Jimih

Country flag
Do we have any desi alternatives to Hellfire?

Any hope of Helina/SANT entering active service?

The Brimstone and Hellfire on paper appear cheaper than the quoted price of Helina/Nag or did I get it wrong?
Regarding SANT/Helina- Only trials after trials.

For the time being ATGMs remain only a devastating threat for armoured vehicles as no modern military has widespread adoption of the APS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles